Beginner's Guide 2.0

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: Beginner's Guide 2.0

by kovenant » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:57 pm

kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Guybrush » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:33 pm

Giving people an installer that puts the game in Program Files was a terrible idea. Tons of people are having problems finding their WDB folder since it gets hidden in VirtualStore.

Should have just uploaded a zip of the game already installed and instruct them to extract it to somewhere like C:\Games.
This way the WDB files are written on the game folder and people can just delete them whenever theres an update.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by manfaso » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:08 pm

The download doesn't work for me kovenant. When i try to launch the game the screen goes just stays black and i get an error. I've tried to do the fixes listed in the guide and none of them have worked.
manfaso
Tester

by kovenant » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:27 am

Guybrush wrote:Giving people an installer that puts the game in Program Files was a terrible idea. Tons of people are having problems finding their WDB folder since it gets hidden in VirtualStore.

Should have just uploaded a zip of the game already installed and instruct them to extract it to somewhere like C:\Games.
This way the WDB files are written on the game folder and people can just delete them whenever theres an update.

the installer I posted in the post above you places it in C:\World of Warcraft Classic\

if there are issues with running the installer, please supply more information.
were you able to install the game, or it goes black after installing ?
what OS are you running and if possible please let me know the monitor setup.
kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by oboyoberto » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:44 pm

it says the download is no longer available! please help. the other links are blocked.
oboyoberto
Tester

by Narkon » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:30 pm

oboyoberto wrote:it says the download is no longer available! please help. the other links are blocked.

Try; viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2803
Narkon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Narkon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:35 pm

Guybrush wrote:Giving people an installer that puts the game in Program Files was a terrible idea. Tons of people are having problems finding their WDB folder since it gets hidden in VirtualStore.

The installer was changed a while ago to use "{sd}\World of Warcraft Classic" as the default install directory. Although, this does not prevent them from choosing Program Files.

{sd} = System Drive
Narkon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by screebok » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:45 am

Like Manfeso, my screen goes black when I try to launch the game and then sends me back to my desktop. (as if i've alt+tabbed). I click the wow icon to go back into the game, screen goes black, I can hear the login music for 2 seconds, then it sends me back to my desktop. I've tried re-download + reinstall, running as admin, checking compatibility but nothing seems to work.
screebok
Tester

by Pottu » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:24 pm

Most likely a graphics card/driver issue.

Go to your config.wtf file inside the WOW folder and add the following line (or replace the old one if it already exists:

SET gxApi "opengl"

that should let you get in to the game.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by andy_johnson38 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:53 am

yeah,me too ive tried intalling it many times but still dont work.
andy_johnson38
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius