Beginner's Guide 2.0

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: Beginner's Guide

by Drain » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:44 am

LFK wrote:Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I'm new at private servers, and haven't played WoW for about 6 or 7 years. I made an account here and subscribed to the newletter - will this get me an account for launch as with the test sessions?

Thanks a bunch!

Welcome to Nostalrius. They were handing out temporary throw away beta accounts for subscribers. At release, you will create a permanent account. Being a private server, it won't cost anything, although I'm sure they will eventually appreciate donations if you like the server post release and want to support it.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Voodoom » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:43 pm

Stick it !
Voodoom
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by mhay71 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:39 am

Just to clarify, should I download the client linked above, or can I use the client I downloaded from Feenix?
Ing the Conqueror
mhay71
Tester

by James Goblin » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:07 am

Instead of being stickied - together with shiny fluorescent red button leading to it on the home page - this thread is sinking like a brick :(

I already found a couple of guys, both on Youtube and Reddit, asking "How to...".

! ! ! Sticky this ASAP ! ! !
James Goblin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Demigodd » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:33 am

How about if we already have the feennix client or something like that, can we just change the relmlist? Or is this server at an even earlier patch. Sorry if this was answered, I read through and didn't see it.
Demigodd
Tester

by Kill » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:44 pm

mhay71 wrote:Just to clarify, should I download the client linked above, or can I use the client I downloaded from Feenix?

Demigodd wrote:How about if we already have the feennix client or something like that, can we just change the relmlist? Or is this server at an even earlier patch. Sorry if this was answered, I read through and didn't see it.

Hey mhay71 and Demigodd. From what I understand, the Feenix-Client has a realmlist hardcoded into the "wow.exe". Meaning: Whenever you click on the "wow.exe" from Feenix, he will connect to Feenix. But you only need to replace the corrupted "wow.exe" from Feenix with an uncorrupted "wow.exe" and set the realmlist as described in the guide. A unaltered ".exe" can be downloaded here (courtesy of Rebirth). If you use other clients than the one from Feenix, it should work without replacing "wow.exe".
Kill
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Koopa » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:14 pm

Koopa wrote:Pls sticky this somewhere
Koopa
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dominance90 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:39 pm

"
Check your mails and get valid login information. Start game and log in - your good to go!"

what login do i use ?
The one i used to regsiter on the forums?
That one doesn't work for me.

If not , what should i use or where can i create an account :) ?
Dominance90
Tester

by Kill » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:03 pm

Hi Dominance90,

account creation has not started yet. The info in this post is still from the testing sessions.
There will be an official statement by Viper (I guess) when account creation is opened, please stay tuned until then. Server will be up at the 28th of February.
Kill
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dominance90 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:09 pm

Thank you Kill :)
Dominance90
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius