Beginner's Guide 2.0

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: Beginner's Guide 2.0

by Kerpy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:10 pm

The worst case scenario if no links work is to just get a torrent client and download from the good old bay. If that's too risky, just google. It's everywhere.
Kerpy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Barni1602 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:40 pm

Hi,

I got a little problem to start the game.
I followed the instructions, but if i try to log in i get the pop up
"unable to connect"
or
"this account has been closed and is no longer available..."

I have created an folder "AddOns" in the Interface folder an my realmlist ist "set realmlist login.nostalrius.org"

i realy dont know what i did wrong...

I'd be grateful for some Help :) thx

(If this is the wrong thread, im sorry)
Barni1602
Tester

by Demonicborn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:53 am

It fails everytime and i dont know why through chrome
Demonicborn
Tester

by osyre » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:57 am

Hi

I've tried to play on another server to test some things but now I would like to come back to Nostalrius so I changed the realmlist but it still connects me to the other server. Can you help me?
osyre
Tester

by Kerpy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:09 pm

osyre wrote:Hi

I've tried to play on another server to test some things but now I would like to come back to Nostalrius so I changed the realmlist but it still connects me to the other server. Can you help me?

I'd recommend just downloading the client again. There's a lot of things that can cause this, most likely read/write permissions on the file itself (realmlist).
Kerpy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Barni1602 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:07 pm

I download the client three times... nothing changed "unable to connect" or "this account has been closed and is no longer available..."
dont know... yeah, than not
Barni1602
Tester

by Kerpy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:31 pm

Well, when it says "this account has been closed" then you should contact the admins here. Something else is going on.
Kerpy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Sillicus » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:13 pm

Well I'm into the game (and it's great). But curious about something:

Every time I log into the game, I have to go through the Choose Language/Choose Realm procedure. Is there a setting that isn't working for me, or is that just an issue with private servers? This is my first, so clueless.
Sillicus
Grunt
Grunt

by Pottu » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:25 pm

Greetings,

if your installation is under Program Files, Windows is probably protecting files inside it and thus the game cannot save your chosen options. Alternatively, the folders are read/write protected. Try moving the installation somewhere else.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by imperatrix010 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:54 pm

i just install vanilla wow and i dont have a folder in my programs files with the interaface and addons.
imperatrix010
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius