Novelty AOE Tanking Gear

Novelty AOE Tanking Gear

by Problazer » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:01 pm

So I wanted to build a fun gear set to break out on Imp/Whelps and maybe some 5-10 man instances. I currently have a mix of T1/T2 gear so I feel like i'm able to sacrifice a bit of hp and mitigation in order to have more tps and AOE/Reflection damage.

So far I have the following:
Force Reactive Disk with 2% block
Razor Gauntlets with 1% swing speed
Naglering
Essence of the Pure Flame
Cloak of Fire with +70 armor

I plan on adding the following in the near future:
Masterwork Stormhammer will enchant with Fiery Blaze or +Spell Power if it works.
Electromagnetic Gigaflux Reactivator (It's my understanding I can unequip this item after using the buff)
Cloak of Flames with +70 armor

I also use the following buffs/consumables:
Crystal Spire
Oil of Immolation
Goblin Sapper Charge
Crystal Charge (cooldown is initiated by sapper charge but its only 30 seconds while sapper is 5 minutes)

Finally I will ideally be buffed with:
Thorns
Retribution Aura
Fire Shield

Am I missing anything major? Any recommendations or tweaks?

My guess is with all of the above gear and buffs I should be doing about 150 AOE dps in a 15-20 second fight.
Problazer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Novelty AOE Tanking Gear

by Theloras » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:29 pm

Problazer wrote:So I wanted to build a fun gear set to break out on Imp/Whelps and maybe some 5-10 man instances. I currently have a mix of T1/T2 gear so I feel like i'm able to sacrifice a bit of hp and mitigation in order to have more tps and AOE/Reflection damage.

Naglering

Masterwork Stormhammer will enchant with Fiery Blaze or +Spell Power if it works.
Electromagnetic Gigaflux Reactivator (It's my understanding I can unequip this item after using the buff)

Crystal Spire
Oil of Immolation
Goblin Sapper Charge
Crystal Charge (cooldown is initiated by sapper charge but its only 30 seconds while sapper is 5 minutes)

Thorns
Retribution Aura
Fire Shield

My guess is with all of the above gear and buffs I should be doing about 150 AOE dps in a 15-20 second fight.

Masterwork Stormhammer has a very low proc rate and not worth it imho - I would HIGHLY recommend this instead however and simply tab target each mob for a rolling DoT on everything that lasts 30 seconds:

Soul Breaker
Binds when picked up
Main Hand Axe
42 - 78 Damage Speed 1.60
(37.5 damage per second)
Durability 90 / 90
Requires Level 52
Chance on hit: Target enemy loses 12 health and mana every 3 sec for 30 sec.
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=13408

Enchant it with either Fiery Blaze or Spell damage as they do scale - all depends if u want to do a quick Badlands quest for the former or spend a lot on mats for the latter.

Crystal Charge scales with spell dmg as well and they are much better than normal engineering grenades as they have no cast timer and do a reasonable amount of base dmg. Oil of Immolation works as well, but use it sparingly if you have the spell dmg enchant as you may get dinged for abuse of game mechanics (dunno if the dev here removed its scaling).

And yes, you can equip Electromagnetic Gigaflux Reactivator, activate it's 10 min buff before entering combat and then put on your regular tanking helmet as you pull.

Everything else is on par - Enjoy!
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Problazer » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:41 pm

Theloras wrote:Oil of Immolation works as well, but use it sparingly if you have the spell dmg enchant as you may get dinged for abuse of game mechanics (dunno if the dev here removed its scaling).

This seems strange to me that it would be considered abuse if i am just playing within normal game mechanics. Where would I go to open a ticket with a GM to ask?

From what I can tell the Soul Breaker proc doesn't scale with spell dmg while the Stormhammer does? Does anyone know the exact proc rates for either item?

Thanks for the advice, I will have to strongly consider Soul Breaker.
Problazer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:45 pm

Problazer wrote:
Theloras wrote:Oil of Immolation works as well, but use it sparingly if you have the spell dmg enchant as you may get dinged for abuse of game mechanics (dunno if the dev here removed its scaling).

This seems strange to me that it would be considered abuse if i am just playing within normal game mechanics. Where would I go to open a ticket with a GM to ask?

From what I can tell the Soul Breaker proc doesn't scale with spell dmg while the Stormhammer does? Does anyone know the exact proc rates for either item?

Thanks for the advice, I will have to strongly consider Soul Breaker.

Trust me, you will love Soul Breaker :P

https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3044
I guess they correctly removed Oil of Immolation's spell dmg scaling - so use it at will!

- edit - ask the players in NOPE and Coalition why it was bug abuse lol!
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Heldunder » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:42 pm

the ZF hammer that does its own thunderclap, thats good too
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Plask » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:50 am

Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Nikoru » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:23 am

<33333333333 Plask, 10/10

Merry Christmas, nerds :)
你好,我叫库鲁
60级术士
#1 DPS服务器
Nikoru
Sergeant
Sergeant

by shamwow » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:01 am

Problazer wrote:So I wanted to build a fun gear set to break out on Imp/Whelps and maybe some 5-10 man instances. I currently have a mix of T1/T2 gear so I feel like i'm able to sacrifice a bit of hp and mitigation in order to have more tps and AOE/Reflection damage.

Naglering

Crystal Spire
Oil of Immolation
Goblin Sapper Charge

Thorns
Retribution Aura
Fire Shield

Isnt crystal charge a 1 min cooldown?
This is how dark and evil a reckoning bomb paladin of Azeroth is
Imagine those people are stormwind citizens trapped
http://sendvid.com/0tfl74qq
Sapbomb/darkrune crits + spellcrit = 1-2 bombs
youtube.com/watch?v=c8x76yI5_Jo
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Problazer » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:12 pm

shamwow wrote:

Naglering

Crystal Spire
Oil of Immolation
Goblin Sapper Charge

Thorns
Retribution Aura
Fire Shield

Isnt crystal charge a 1 min cooldown?

I would need to test again to be 100% but I think what I was saying that if you use sapper charge first it puts crystal charge on a 30 second CD before you can use it.
Problazer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Warrior