x4 flurry stacks with same speed weapons botched

x4 flurry stacks with same speed weapons botched

by vido » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:54 pm

On retail using same speed weapons, you would get 4 effective flurry charges rather than 3. Both your main-hand and off-hand would swing at precisely the same moment and the last charge would apply to both the main hand and offhand. I've tested this with two 1.30 speed daggers and using attackbar you could tell straight away something was off since the two swings weren't synced and instead there is a built in delay between your main-hand and off-hand swing.

I suppose it's some kind of botched work around to prevent situations like this arising, however it's not blizzlike at all. This also prevents anyone brave enough from swapping his mainhand and offhand for double windfury since the unsynchronised swingtimers wouldn't make it worthwhile.

Even with AQ being delayed this is hardly a pressing issue and devs might not ever look into this, however I think it's important enough for some people to put this out there.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: x4 flurry stacks with same speed weapons botched

by Armilus » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:21 pm

I'm pretty sure it is working correctly on Nost. To my knowledge, the extra flurry charge thing was not in retail, just other private servers.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vido » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:33 pm

Deathwing, the creator of the warrior spreadsheet in vanilla posted on EJ about this this bug along with plenty of other people in different threads making mentions as well.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Armilus » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:34 pm

vido wrote:Deathwing, the creator of the warrior spreadsheet in vanilla posted on EJ about this this bug along with plenty of other people in different threads making mentions as well.

Would love to see links to that. I found a couple EJ threads about fury warrior weapons speeds where Deathwing was posting and no mention about use weapons with the same speed. Really seems like the kind of place you would mention such a thing.

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/forums/t ... es/?page=1

Are you sure you aren't looking at a version of Deathwing's spreadsheet that has been updated for private servers?
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sevvy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:36 pm

I seem to remember talking about the same weapon speed extra flurry charge in Vanilla with my fellow Warriors. Then again, I'm old as shit, and that was a long time ago. So I can't be entirely sure. Where's my walker?
Sevvy - Gnome Warrior

Nice weapon chain, shitter.
Sevvy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Warrior