[in game] Help new warr tank

Re: [in game] Help new warr tank

by zmandude24 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:35 pm

Scarnavax wrote:Problem is that every caster start aoe as Soon as i engage...
I explain

I bloodrage in Def stance
Run To mobs
Batle shout and then shield Block+revenge and start sunderspam

but

As Soon as i Run To mobs They typical hunter or mage or lock start rainmof fire blizzard or volley...

And They start "omgom,gomg aggro taunt taunt taunt" srsly... I miss consecration.../:-)

Ok, here is what you do in this situation:
    1. Get a warlock in your party if you can find one in a reasonable amount of time.
    2. Warn the dps to not aoe until skull is dead.
    3. If a dps pulls aggro on an elite that's not skull when skull is up, let him/her die.
    4. If they keep doing that and/or bitching about you not being a good tank when they fucked up, kick them out and get a replacement in world chat. This is where #1 comes in handy.
It sounds like you have a dumbass pug problem in addition to the trouble you are having learning how to tank.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Scarnavax » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:06 am

4. If they keep doing that and/or bitching about you not being a good tank when they fucked up, kick them out and get a replacement in world chat. This is where #1 comes in handy.

this is 90% of pug i meet at low levels (up to level 33 so far)
Scarnavax
Grunt
Grunt

by Heldunder » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:57 pm

its soo true, people rarely understand that they cant just start maxing dps INSTANTLY before the tank even touches the mob. its only slightly better at the raiding level.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:02 pm

Cept in raiding enviroment you usually have hunters taking 6 months longer to learn this. As they open with multi shot before anybody is in tanking range.

Messing up possitioning, initial aggro and what not for the sake of flexibg dps numbers pisses me off. We all have experiences of this and at times you have to be a dick and put your footdown / make an example out of one of these over zealous dps and let them die.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Armilus » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:30 pm

Ya, make sure you are at least putting a skull on one of the mobs. If you aren't marking targets with skull, the DPS will pretty much never attack the same target.

If they are all on the same target it's pretty easy to keep the other targets off the healer so you can focus 70-80% of your threat generation on the skull target. On the initial pull even just getting an auto attack on a mob will keep it off the healer for a little bit. I just tanked DM on my lvl 20 warrior and it was pretty easy, with 1 sunder on a mob it stayed off the healer for the entire fight.

If you are used to tanking with paladin, you need to get used to focusing your threat. With a paladin you don't have to think too much about which target to build threat on, as a warrior you really have to manage it. Just keep in mind that if the healer dies it's probably a wipe. If a DPS dies, you have 2 more :P
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:52 pm

Also when pulling, make sure dps dont buff, healers dont pre heal, buff, this can make things difficult as you will not get hit first, which means your initial rage generation is out of the window.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Plask » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:04 pm

http://www.wow-one.com/database/index.php?item=19019
http://www.wow-one.com/database/index.php?item=18168

Aquire these 2 and slam your head repeatedly in the keyboard, works for me
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Warrior