Are there any similar farming tactic for warrior that mages.

Re: Are there any similar farming tactic for warrior that ma

by Fudwicket » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:10 pm

Vauldie wrote:Like the poster above implied you really cant do much traditional farming as prot. You're left with other sources of income such as tanking for compensation, playing the AH-tycoon or farming new AVs with herbing and mining which, provided you're equipped with all speed bonuses, can net you with a fair amount of black lotuses and other valuable herbs. Provided you get some recipes there is always crafting/enchanting as well.

I know a guildie of mine who was pretty geared solo farmed DM:E lashers as arms with a 2h and mostly t1 tanking gear, he did manage to hit instance reset cap but it was very slow compared with a mage or priest. He needed about 50 seconds of eating between every pull and when jumping down from the ledge.

If you got good dps gear (and dps specd) and can get a healer friend you can 2 man DM:E for a respectable amount of gold per hour. Your group of two will need enchanting and mining. Either just do bosses or some kind of combination of bosses and lashers.

As a prot warrior, I throw on 2 1hs or a 2h and can solo the lasher packs (will need to bring mage food to eat after each pack). You can't quite make what mages make since it takes a bit longer, but you can get close.

If you have a friend, you 2man farm 5 lasher packs with a healer (priest is best, but pally or druid can do it, so can a shadowpriest, or you can do it as fury). If you get efficient at it, you can start in the backdoor, clear pack upstairs, jump, clear 4 packs below, then 2man the boss and the imp pack afterwards. There are 3 places books can spawn, and then 2 rich thorium veins at end. Best to have an enchanter and miner in group. Runs can take ~10-15min, so you won't hit instance cap - or if you do, it doesn't take long.

Bring the boss to the back of the room (kite him between the two aoe packs) and LoS him behind a pillar. No adds will spawn.

Can easily make 50g/hr
Fudd <Edema Ruh>
Fudwicket
Grunt
Grunt

by Plask » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:24 am

Create mage
Lvl to 60 (do 51-60 in DM)
Farm zg trash

Trust me more time efficient then trying to make money as a warrior
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bambam » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:19 pm

I like to farm the crowd at the arena, in Brd. Already got 2 libram of voracity :D
Bambam Warrior 60, tank
Bambam
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Drain » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:29 am

If you got mining, do what every other tank does and make DME farm groups. Every run has 2 guaranteed rich thorium veins at the end, which you can promptly reserve for yourself. It's quite easy to get people for these runs too, because the demons have important bis drops. The most desired one is the hit bow, meaning dps will trip over each other to get a slot in your farm runs.

If you don't have mining, you could always sell tank runs. Even in shit gear, you can easily charge for any pre 60 dungeon, which you would plow without being scratched. You'd make a quick buck off all the trash or greed rolls on top of being paid. If you're a well geared tank, you could just charge at 60. Some raid geared tanks charge a fortune but can tank entire groups of max level dungeon mobs without being scratched.

People frown upon charged runs, but they do not understand how supply and demand works. Tanks are rare(low supply), but required(high demand), that makes them more valuable than say, a Rogue. Often groups break up simply because they can't find a tank. They don't break up from not finding a dps. Paying one ensures you get one, and probably a good one too. You would not pay a dps because you can get a dps at the flick of your wrist. The point is that dps is plentiful and entirely disposable, while tanks are the exact opposite. Healers are in the middle, not as common, but you can usually find one. Until tanks suddenly become common and dps less common; charged tank runs are what they are. You don't have to pay one if you don't want to, but you might not find one at all.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Previous

Return to Warrior