Tank Weapon

Re: Tank Weapon

by Undertanker » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:41 pm

We are talking tanking, not hit cap dps gear.

2.7 sec 40 damage weapon. In 5 seconds. Does 40 damage. (14.8 dps weapon)

Same dps of 14.8 on a 1.9 speed if both hit, you would have done 56.27 damage in 3.8 seconds. You do more initial damage to get enough rage for sunder/ other abilities.

You will miss a lot, mentioning + hit gear for low level instance is stupid. You will get dodged, parried, blocked, and miss. Slower weapons are effected by these situations much more than a faster weapon is.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Plask » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:34 am

Heldunder wrote:or i just know how to tank. ;)

Spineshatter has around 200 less max tps then the 1.30 daggers. But you probably already knew that.
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by zmandude24 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:03 pm

Heldunder wrote:
St0rfan wrote:
packersville wrote:Leveling up tanking in dungeons a lot. What is the ideal tank weapon? between 1.6 and 1.9 speed? Or maybe even faster?

I keep running into issues right now where I am rage starved. Currently using a 1.9 speed axe.

Plask is right. Speed doesnt matter in 5man dungeons when lvling up. Go for highest dps/stats. When it comes to raiding you will want to get very fast dagger though.

and even the "very fast dagger" is overrated until youre DPSers are fully geared/minmaxing and pulling crazy numbers. i EASLY hold threat with my spineshatter even with its slow speed. and i currently dont even have defiance.

faster speed = more smaller amounts of rage/threat, slower weapon means less hits for larger amounts of rage/threat.

realistically dps/stats matter more pre 60, as stated above.

Seriously, you don't have defiance as a tank? See the prot guide on this forum since you DESPERATELY need to read it.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Whiskra » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:51 pm

You're like 3rd tank at best in your guild, of course you will not lose aggro that often because your target will never be the main focus for dps.
Whiskra
Grunt
Grunt

by Heldunder » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:15 pm

zmandude24 wrote:
Seriously, you don't have defiance as a tank? See the prot guide on this forum since you DESPERATELY need to read it.

WELL, being that i only tank for 1/5 the raid (being im only the offtank) my dps is more valuable than my tanking. ( for now atleast)

and yes, i do hold good enough threat to OT on trash/vael ect. some times i switch to my ironfoe or even my felstriker, but spineshatter does perfectly fine for me.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Heldunder » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:04 pm

Plask wrote:

Spineshatter has around 200 less max tps then the 1.30 daggers. But you probably already knew that.

You are very right. for long sustained, rage maxed fights, its not normally what i use. but for very short fights the higher damage output of spine is much better than say, alcors. and then if i get a WF hit early with it, its just a lot more short term threat than a fast weapon.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:56 pm

SHM... another highjacked thread.

Back to OP. anywhere between 1.6 and 2.0 is good for low level tanking. Though you take what you can get at times, as the RNG Gods can be hurtful at times.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Plask » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:54 pm

Heldunder wrote:
Plask wrote:

You are very right. for long sustained, rage maxed fights, its not normally what i use. but for very short fights the higher damage output of spine is much better than say, alcors. and then if i get a WF hit early with it, its just a lot more short term threat than a fast weapon.

What you're describing is true if you tank with only autohits I guess
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:59 pm

If it is a short fight, it is because dps get a lot of up time on the boss. So Alcorz should be used for TPS, once KTM has you way above anybody else, then use broodlord or spineshatter or Quel (if you lack def gear). If you see somebody creeping up the dps metter, swap back to alcorz.

Not rocket surgery.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zmandude24 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:42 pm

Undertanker wrote:If it is a short fight, it is because dps get a lot of up time on the boss. So Alcorz should be used for TPS, once KTM has you way above anybody else, then use broodlord or spineshatter or Quel (if you lack def gear). If you see somebody creeping up the dps metter, swap back to alcorz.

Not rocket surgery.

Or finkles and Quel if you are poor like me.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior