Fury for goldfarming, why?

Re: Fury for goldfarming, why?

by rakei » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:37 am

1)Will take far more time to kill a priest as arms
2) Shammy is pretty fast, learn to pummel
3) Vs pally/druid your dead anyway
4) If you aren't a complete noob you should know that even if you're going to level fury 17-0-0 is where you start from (anyway we weren't talking about leveling)
5) Never had any problem vs equally geared MS warriors, no matter how many rage they are building up your dmg will be anyway highter and steadier.
6) About kiting classes just learn to avoid being kited (nothing can kite a warrior but frost mages or a very good druid, whit the proper gear not even they could) ;)

I tried both specs in pretty almost every possilble situation in game and i'm saying fury in 1vs1 is better in most of them, if you can play it of course, otherwise: enjoy your arms i guess...

1. Nah, priest going to last much longer w/o healing debuff. Smart priest will juke your pummel and get full casted heals without MS.
2. Again, smart shaman will juke pummel and outlast your health without MS.
3. Nope. Early on paladin will beat a warrior, but once warrior gets some gear and an AR, paladin is going to go oom from healing debuff.
4. MS still has the advantage versus rogues. Intercept + MS > intercept + bloodthirst.
5. I've never lost a duel or 1v1 verses a fury warrior in vanilla. Never was even close. Maybe they all sucked. I doubt it. MS warriors on the other hand it often comes down to rng.
6. You are going to get kited, period. When you close the gap, enraged white hit + MS + WW > bloodthirst + WW + 2h fury white hit or a couple DW white hits.

Fury is probably better for pure grinding gold. I've PvPed plenty in fury and while it does OK, every time I end up going back to MS once I get tired of losing due to my targets getting healed.

Sometimes I think fury warriors just never get it. There's a reason MS/enrage is cookie cutter pvp spec.
rakei
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Goodtry » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:01 pm

Fury isn't good for farming either until you get decently geared. You'll be completely rage starved.
Goodtry
Grunt
Grunt

by rakei » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:54 am

If going fury, 2h is the way to go until you get a decent amount of +hit gear.
rakei
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Harasser » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:41 pm

rakei wrote:
1)Will take far more time to kill a priest as arms
2) Shammy is pretty fast, learn to pummel
3) Vs pally/druid your dead anyway
4) If you aren't a complete noob you should know that even if you're going to level fury 17-0-0 is where you start from (anyway we weren't talking about leveling)
5) Never had any problem vs equally geared MS warriors, no matter how many rage they are building up your dmg will be anyway highter and steadier.
6) About kiting classes just learn to avoid being kited (nothing can kite a warrior but frost mages or a very good druid, whit the proper gear not even they could) ;)

I tried both specs in pretty almost every possilble situation in game and i'm saying fury in 1vs1 is better in most of them, if you can play it of course, otherwise: enjoy your arms i guess...

1. Nah, priest going to last much longer w/o healing debuff. Smart priest will juke your pummel and get full casted heals without MS.
2. Again, smart shaman will juke pummel and outlast your health without MS.
3. Nope. Early on paladin will beat a warrior, but once warrior gets some gear and an AR, paladin is going to go oom from healing debuff.
4. MS still has the advantage versus rogues. Intercept + MS > intercept + bloodthirst.
5. I've never lost a duel or 1v1 verses a fury warrior in vanilla. Never was even close. Maybe they all sucked. I doubt it. MS warriors on the other hand it often comes down to rng.
6. You are going to get kited, period. When you close the gap, enraged white hit + MS + WW > bloodthirst + WW + 2h fury white hit or a couple DW white hits.

Fury is probably better for pure grinding gold. I've PvPed plenty in fury and while it does OK, every time I end up going back to MS once I get tired of losing due to my targets getting healed.

Sometimes I think fury warriors just never get it. There's a reason MS/enrage is cookie cutter pvp spec.

I hardly let priest/sham land even one single heal, there are nades, fear, tauren stomp, tidal charm, barov peasants caller, intercept, charge and pummel for that, and actually fakecasting doesn't really mind me anymore. I'm still getting my ass kicked by paladins anyway, ret ones don't rely on heal at all, shockading burst is too high and lets just not talk about reckoning bastards. If you're talking about holy healbots i agree whit you but in my first post i already said that druid/pally are the only two opponents that are countered by arms spec. Ms have some advantages vs rogues but we are comparing two builds not ms and bs. Having 10 secs less cd on intercept, flurry and deathwish are advantages too.

Sometimes i think ppl just never get it. The only reason MS/enrage is cookie cutter pvp spec is because ppl are to dumb and close minded to get how situational is this game, so they just pick the most common spec that is often just the easier to play whit.
Yeah many ppl do think that arms is the one and only pvp spec, they just have a very narrow vision of this game and the fact they are many doesn't make it true at all, most of the ppl think that slam is completely useless, it sticks the best way to level nonetheless.
Harasser
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Warrior