Arms Warrior - What do you think?

Re: Arms Warrior - What do you think?

by Mootaro » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:37 pm

I think it is worth mentioning, just so ppl dont get confused, that "arms warrior" does not include every warrior using a 2h weapon.
Depending on your race and the gear that is avaliable to you, in some cases a 2h weapon is the best dps you can get.
Mootaro
Tester

by Moxey » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Dont expect to raid as arms.
Same goes for all you healing classes who want to play a non healing spec. Remember how vanilla goes, dont get your hopes up.
Moxey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Armilus » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:03 pm

If you are playing alliance then most of your rogues and fury warriors and probably human and all want the limited number of swords available. If you go arms you will get your pick of 2H weapon and Bonereaver's Edge is a BEAST when only MC is out. Eventually you might want to switch to fury but you will probably be able to keep up given that you will be one of the few arms warriors in your group and have your pick of the best 2H while the rest of the warriors are fighting for epic swords.

If you are horde you have WF which makes arms a lot better. Still not quite on par with fury warriors but much better than on alliance.

As far as people one-shotting bosses in AQ20 with T1, that is NOT under-geared for AQ20. The point of AQ20 was the same as ZG, neither one was a challenge for guilds that were farming MC, the point of these instances was to help out people who were behind. When AQ20 first came out, most guilds that were farming MC did a full clear on their first raid day. The only reason anyone wiped at all was because they didn't know the boss mechanics yet.

Edit: 31/5/15 is also an awesome spec for the 3rd tank.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by mike1097 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:20 pm

I heard many opinions with heavy arguments for each. In the end you are right,I should play what I want and give my best.
In the end I think I will play arms warrior, I think im skilled enough to be a efficient member of a raid group and I also want to play PvP.

So thank you guys. Let's hope for release soon to experience the best vanilla feeling on a private server together.
"Drunhall"
60 Protection Warrior
<It burns when I PvP>

Alliance
Nostalrius Begins PvP
mike1097
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by alucard001 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:04 pm

As its always has been. Arms pvp, Fury Pve.
alucard001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Raidboss » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:40 pm

alucard001 wrote:As its always has been. Arms pvp, Fury Pve.

"Always" ... I'm pretty sure it was during patch 1.8 that Fury became the dominating spec. ;)
Raidboss
Grunt
Grunt

by Karmacode » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:37 pm

We always ran with one Warrior OT/DPS specced 31/5/15. Mortal Strike debuff made some fights a joke.
Same thing goes as for other snowflake raid specs though: don't expect to get picked first for raids, you might even have to sit it out if you're progressing.
Karmacode
Private
Private

by mike1097 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:35 am

What do you guys think about this hybrid spec? I havent tested it so far.
http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=1121 ... 5300502001
"Drunhall"
60 Protection Warrior
<It burns when I PvP>

Alliance
Nostalrius Begins PvP
mike1097
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Divineuty » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:57 pm

I guess u'r talkin about a 2h PVE dps spec, since the priority here are the boss fights and single target dps there is no explanation on why are you using improved charge/anger management while not bein able to click anything but HS/cleave, if u'r not using either MS nor slam you have a very boring experience ahead of ya :). ( In my opinion there is no leverage why not just go full fury than this hybrid spec just to be able to use 2h.
Anyhow, back on the subject.

I've raided 80% of my raid time as 31/5/15 which is dps/OT. At the start of MC it was crappy as hell, i for one suggest goin fury at start fo sure. Later on if u get your grab on Bonereaver for instance go Arms. OT are very much needed in general so 31/5/15 is gettin quite enuf dps contribution to be in top half of the dps while bein able to quality OT. Must mention that i was horde so WF is the love of the arms warrs. With it i was often in top 5 on the fights that allow it.

All in all, use the fact that you are an OT and not required to do top notch dps as pure dps classes. Most of the progressions are made by controlling the fight and not by draining your mana out.
Every leg in the ass is one step forward!
Divineuty
Private
Private

by bishop » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:29 pm

mike1097 wrote:What do you guys think about this hybrid spec? I havent tested it so far.
http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=1121 ... 5300502001

Imho not having the "Key Talent" from either Arms or Fury is a huge thing. You wont be able to compensate that with some solid talents from both trees.
Nejtiri 19 Hunter
Ghul 29 Rogue
Cassilda 29 Priest
Cassi 29 Shaman
Leaf 39 Resto Druid
bishop
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior