2 handed fury warrior

Re: 2 handed fury warrior

by IcedInferno » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Small follow-up question:

I see you guys saying this stuff is only viable horde side, is this correct? Presumably because of windfury totem?
IcedInferno
Tester

by St0rfan » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:59 pm

IcedInferno wrote:Small follow-up question:

I see you guys saying this stuff is only viable horde side, is this correct? Presumably because of windfury totem?

I would disagree. I have seen alliance 2h fury warrior compete with DW-furies in both BWL and AQ40.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Undertanker » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:13 am

To add to St0rfan, 2h fury is more spike damage, duel wield is more consistent.

So if a fight allows you to tank and spank only, duel wield owns. A lot of repositioning, the gap is closer.

Also the itemization changes a bit. With 2h fury, you do not miss as much with white hits compared to duel wield, so you focus lightly more to AP crit, where a duel wield benifits more from hit beyond 9% than a 2h will.

This slight itemization change and less white hit misses is what allows for the competitiveness.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vido » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:21 am

The only difference between gearing 2h fury and DW in practice is just utilising a couple of different items to not go above 9% hit. It's a bit of a chore but it's doable throughout every tier of content.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Vauldie » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:38 am

I'm currently trying out a 2h fury slam spec with BRE as a human. I've only done one raid with it so far but it felt at least very comparable to DW in DPS. I'm strongly considering staying 2h fury until most of my fellow fury guildies get viskagg/CTS/crul etc.

I got two questions I was hoping to get an answer to though:

1. Which weapon is best for PvE DPS, BRE or Asscandy? The BRE procc is OP as f. and has a pretty good uptime but then again the Asscandy has some great damage and I'm Alliance so no windfury for easier proc uptime.

2. I guess that its not worth as alliance (or horde without WF) to use hamstring spam as rage dump? This question can ofc. be modified with imp. slam or no imp. slam, BRE for proc, PvP gloves etc.

EDIT:
3. I guess it's worth to swap to DW for execute spamming?
Vauldie
Private
Private

by vido » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:24 pm

Stick to your BRE, ashkandi won't even come close in damage. You're alliance so you have a much easier time perfecting every global since all you'll do is BT>WW>Slam with some Overpowers thrown in (you can use 2-3 globals when it procs before you have to prioritize it this why you need an overpower timer).

Ofcourse If you have world buffs or you're taking a lot of damage, you're still going to rage cap unless you throw in Heroic Strikes as well, so you gotta watch your rage income.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Vauldie » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Thanks for the info, much appreciated =)
Vauldie
Private
Private

by Stalk » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:07 pm

Amkô wrote:This buff (on you, not for the group!) ignored 2100 armor at 3 stacks, so basically a mage was "naked" and the buff (for me, debuff for opponent) got into "minus"-armor for the enemy. Something like that.

If you remembered your time in Vanilla so clearly, you would know that BRE did not give a buff to the wielder of the weapon but instead would give debuffs to the targets that it would hit. It was a curse that could be removed by mages and if you were lucky enough to hit a mage more than 3 times with it to proc 3 debuffs the mage should've been dead already. Please do not make up lies.
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vido » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:02 pm

The BRE proc was changed in 1.9 or something along with some stats. Nost devs can't be arsed scripting the old proc, so they gave use the new proc but with the old stats (1% crit, no stamina).
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Santana » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:20 am

Is 2h Fury competitive with dual wield for all Vanilla content on Alliance?
Santana
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior