2 handed fury warrior

Re: 2 handed fury warrior

by vido » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:25 pm

It can be competitive on stuff like domo/lucifron etc. but you'll surely be behind on pure single target encounters. WF with a 2h is a pretty huge advantage, so without that you're screwed.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Santana » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:32 pm

How do you use Slam on Nost? IIRC, Slam resets your auto attack timer, so if you're going to Slam, you want to use it *right* after a white hit?
Santana
Sergeant
Sergeant

by vido » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:17 pm

Slam resets attack timer, you use it after an auto hit.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Reak » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:11 am

Tranzane wrote:Any comments on this build for 2h fury? http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LbhxbIbZVV0VMgoVo

Pretty crappy i u ask me - using slam and flurry at the same time is kind of a mess since slam resets autohit swing timer
Reak
Tester

by Amkô » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:32 pm

Stalk wrote:
Amkô wrote:This buff (on you, not for the group!) ignored 2100 armor at 3 stacks, so basically a mage was "naked" and the buff (for me, debuff for opponent) got into "minus"-armor for the enemy. Something like that.

If you remembered your time in Vanilla so clearly, you would know that BRE did not give a buff to the wielder of the weapon but instead would give debuffs to the targets that it would hit. It was a curse that could be removed by mages and if you were lucky enough to hit a mage more than 3 times with it to proc 3 debuffs the mage should've been dead already. Please do not make up lies.

Wtf you mad?

And it was clearly a debuff on me or something like that, not on the target. This I remember very good ;-)
Amkô
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vido » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:26 pm

The BRE proc was changed in vanilla in some later patch so it does cause quite a lot of confusion. Nostalrius devs aren't going to bother obviously with pre patch procs so the one we have in game is the updated proc, however it has the old stats (no stam). Proc values aren't far from blizzlike from what I can tell reading old EJ posts and such.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Praethon » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:19 pm

I'll keep it brief but 2-handed fury is a blast, regardless of faction. As an Ashkandi user, I suspect BRE is a huge upgrade and likely BiS until Rank 14 weapons or Naxx. A little food for thought :

Slam isnt normalized therefore it gains benefit of slower attack speeds. Only 3.8's we get are Zin'Rokh, GM Weapons, and Might of Menethil as notables. On a per hit basis, Zin'Rokh begins to hit harder than Ashkandi when over 2000 AP but you'll still want to replace with Dark Edge or better. GM weapons on a per hit basis hit harder than anything in the game at 2000 AP until Might of Menethil.

Your biggest damage increase generally speaking is a faster cycle time of your normal attack -> slam rotation which makes 5/5 imp slam supremely optimal as well as 5/5 flurry. Further testing would be needed to determine if Zin'Rokh's (VS Ashkandi) 3.8 speed bonus on slam is worth the longer time of your damage cycle. Beyond that your biggest dps increase is the reduction of reaction time between your white swing and your activation of slam cast.

I do this on Kronos with great success as a Gnome Warrior and I love that I found a thread with positive things to say about the spec I love, and I'll share some of my recently recorded adventures with you guys on my twitch.tv/Praethon under my highlights. I don't claim to be perfect or the best at anything so be nice.
Praethon
Tester

by vido » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:28 pm

[quote="Praethon"] Further testing would be needed to determine if Zin'Rokh's (VS Ashkandi) 3.8 speed bonus on slam is worth the longer time of your damage cycle. Beyond that your biggest dps increase is the reduction of reaction time between your white swing and your activation of slam cast. /quote]

Further testing, why bother? Try out the spreadsheet that I updated: https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 0&start=20

Imp 2h spec is better point for point than imp slam btw.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Amkô » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:27 am

Praethon, you got enough rage for spamming slam after every white hit? Aren't you using BT and WW?

As Horde-Warrior it's obviously good, because of WF, but as Alliance-Warr with a 3,8 2H?

I didn't test it, so I just assume it.

If it's any viable, I would test it with the unstoppable force at the weekend (assuming AV weekend is comping up so I can get exalted^^).
Would be nice to work, because I like 2-handers and I spend my money for Slam so :P

You got any youtube videos? And please not 20sek critluck vids, I saw enough from them ^^
Amkô
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Armilus » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Praethon wrote:Slam isnt normalized therefore it gains benefit of slower attack speeds.

I think you already know this but I want to clarify this part because people often misunderstand normalization.

Normalization ONLY effects damage from attack power so even normalized abilities like Mortal Strike and overpower still benefit from a slower weapon. This is because the weapon still does it's full damage and slower weapons usually have higher average damage. Basically, when using a normalized ability the weapon speed doesn't matter at all, all that matters is the weapons average damage.

The reason that slower weapons are better for an ability that is NOT normalized (like slam) is because you get more out of your attack power.

For example:

Weapon A hits for 100-150 damage and has a 3.8 speed.
Weapon B hits for 125-175 damage and has a 3.2 speed.

With 2000 attack power and an ability that is NOT normalized...

Weapon A hits for 100-150 + (2000 / 14) * 3.8 = 642 - 692
Weapon B hits for 125-175 + (2000 / 14) * 3.2 = 582 - 632

With 2000 attack power and an ability that IS normalized...

Weapon A hits for 100-150 + (2000 / 14) * 3.3 = 571 - 621
Weapon B hits for 125-175 + (2000 / 14) * 3.3 = 596 - 646

So...

If you have crappy gear (aka, low attack power) and a faster weapon, then slam isn't very good. If you have a really slow weapon and high attack power, slam is way better. With slam, your damage from attack power is multiplied by the weapon speed but the slam speed remains constant.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Warrior