How much do racials matter for endgame warrior tanking?

Re: How much do racials matter for endgame warrior tanking?

by Kurthos » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:21 pm

Undertanker wrote:You get about another .5% chance to hit. Putting you at almost 3%. When you factor in the tier bonus of T3 6 of 8, this will put you at taunt, revenge, heroic strike, sunder armor, challenging shout and shield slam .5% away from hit cap without having to get +hit gear.

Taunt/AoE taunt works off of spell hit until patch 3.0
Kurthos
Grunt
Grunt

by Drain » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Pick the race you like. They will all tank fine. You don't need to cherry pick for a barely noticeable advantage. People keep making threads asking which racial they should. Don't pick racials. Pick races.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Patience » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:30 pm

What if I was to say that there are more to races than just racials?

Surely these stats will be different even at 60 without any gear on? Might be something to consider if you really wanna go all out on this matter.

These are 1.12.1 stats.

http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Race is where I picked it from.
Patience <RAID IS DEAD>
http://rid-nostalrius.wowlaunch.com/
Still recruiting exceptional people!
Patience
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TheLockKing » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:10 pm

..you're kidding me.
They actually did somewhat of a point-buy system with each race's base stats using 101 points and distributing them across based on the race's strengths and weaknesses.

If someone could find the amount of stats added with each level, you could add it all up and find the "best" race for each class statistically without including racials.
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Patience » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:23 pm

Well, I dunno the stats on level 60, but if anyone has a Warrior that is Orc, Troll or Undead, please feel free to share info!

Base stats of a level 60 Tauren Warrior (The sex has no difference)

Furthermore - Every class does not have 101 points distributed (Base stats).
Human has 101, Dwarf has 99, Nelf Has 101, Gnome has 101
Orc has 102, Undead has 101, Tauren has 99, Troll has 101.
Patience <RAID IS DEAD>
Patience
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hatson » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:32 pm

I am actually extremely curious if race and class combinations actually scale differently over time, and if there is any more of a difference between f.ex: Human Rogues vs Nelf Rogues @ lvl 60.
But I'm pretty sure the a Nelf Rogue @ 60 still only has the +5 base agility bonus at lvl 1 over Humans, and that it will be the same base difference at lvl 60.
I wish that wasn't the case though, I wish the races each scaled more differently with the classes.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Patience » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:14 pm

Still waiting for someone to post a picture of warrior with another race, so that we can compare.
Patience <RAID IS DEAD>
Patience
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by konked » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:36 pm

The difference at 60 is so small between races, hit up an instant 60 server and get naked to see for yourselves. ;)
konked
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Zestypooch » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:33 am

>Stoneform
>Shit tanking racial ability
Pick one

Dwarf tank ez mode AQ 40
Zestypooch
Private
Private

by Plask » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Undertanker wrote:T3 has 3% to hit. 2% on chest, 1% on shoulders. And it is not useless to have more. As a tank, you rarely get to tank if your BiS set. You are always having to put resistance gear on on different old tier items to have purposeful resistance gear on. (T1 gloves have 1% hit btw) No T2 has hit.

Now for the 0.02% people. You used to have me brain washed but then I did my own homework.

Patch 1.12.1 has a keyword a lot of people are missing. After some math, +5 sword skill is huge. The key word is EXCEEDS.

If your weapon skill EXCEEDS the mob's Defense skill:The base chance for your attack to miss the mob is 5% - (Weapon Skill - Defense Skill) * 0.04%.
The base chance for your attack to be a critical strike is 5% + (Weapon Skill - Defense Skill) * 0.04%.
The base chance for your attack to dodged by the mob is 5% - (Weapon Skill - Defense Skill) * 0.04%.
The base chance for your attack to be parried by the mob is 5% - (Weapon Skill - Defense Skill) * 0.04%.
The base chance for your attack to be blocked by the mob is 5% - (Weapon Skill - Defense Skill) * 0.04%

On a boss I will not exceed. Seems most threads are missing the point. We do not exceed a boss (lvl63) so those numbers are only coming into play when we are killing stuff lower level than us. This is factored in to keep us from having 100% crit rate on lower lvl stuff.

Now with any other class but human using sword, you are 300 skill, their DEF is 315. So you have to look at the formulas for when you are below the enemy DEF, not EXCEEDS.Read this: http://www.wowwiki.com/Weapon_skill(you see some math for a lvl 80 and lvl 70 but it is the same for 60)Pretty much with the formula of below skill level, your base chance to miss is 8% with specials and one handed weapon white hits. (not duel-wield). If you get your skill to 305 against the enemy 315, making it 10 difference, you have a 2% chance more of hitting.

But the formula tapers off after this, so if you get Maladath (+4) or Hungering Cold (+6) let's just round this to +5. You are now at 310 skill. Against the 315 def. You get about another .5% chance to hit. Putting you at almost 3%. When you factor in the tier bonus of T3 6 of 8, this will put you at taunt, revenge, heroic strike, sunder armor, challenging shout and shield slam .5% away from hit cap without having to get +hit gear.For melee: factor in the reduced damage of glancing blows of 3% per skill point ( approx. ) not bad at all.

Holy cow, you're right! Thanks for enlightening tbh, I never thought the weapon skill affected hit like that. That is quite nice versus bosses.
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior