Warrior virtually imposible to solo level?

Re: Warrior virtually imposible to solo level?

by Deadletter » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:50 pm

Teneas wrote: (Never done it horde side, but that Loch Modan/Wetlands run can be miserable if you're getting griefed).

Just to add to your info. You can run on Horde side to all the starting zones without going into a contested area. So your idea would be considerably easier on Horde.

*edit* grammar
Last edited by Deadletter on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deadletter
Private
Private

by Teneas » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:32 pm

Well, I might have to finally start a horde toon.
Teneas
Tester

by TheGreyMouser » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:31 pm

One important thing to remember when leveling a warrior is the type of warrior you are leveling. Fury and using a big assed 2h axe or sword is fine, because of the rage mechanics, same goes for arms. Class/spec mechanics and rage generation. However, I always play and level as protection. So what is the best type of sword to level protection? Answer: NONE. Remember, you generate rage by actually hitting your target, the faster you hit the more rage you generate for finishers. That is where your damage is. So what do you use to level a protection warrior? Daggers! The best you can get. If you are a blacksmith, you can make some pretty decent daggers to level with. Most have agility, you will want any you can find with strength or str and agil. Agil gives you crit and armor, dodge, parry, etc etc.

So you use 2 daggers to quest with, and a dagger and shield (with a shield spike asap) for tanking. (shield spike = +dmg on blocks, + dmg = + threat.

Now I dont know about most people leveling a warrior as a first alt, but even with a lev 60 rogue alt, I am still pretty broke. Crusader? Hell that costs more than my mount! The MATS alone cost more than my mount! Just go with a simple, easy, cheap (or free) enchant of +dmg and use sharpening stones (which you make yourself from blacksmithing).

Another thing to note, I am not sure about horde, but on alliance, you can kill that creepy undead elite that spawns in southshore, he seems to drop a lot of level 40 plate. If you have an alt, kill that guy as much as possible, or group up and gank it, by the time you hit 40 you will have nearly a full set ( or at least 4 or 5 items) of nice plate gear, with extra to trade with other warriors.. (maybe you want to stack def? Trade your non def items to a fury or arms)
TheGreyMouser
Grunt
Grunt

by Undertanker » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:40 am

Why would you use 2 daggers and take the DW hit penalty?

As well as extra damage? You'd be better off having a ANY 1h weapon with a chance on hit proc and staying sword and board. Stay in DEF stance and use revenge on CD to use it to get more procs. And have more survivability due to more armor and the ability to block / shield bash.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Honeybadgers » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:57 pm

I did fury back in real vanilla, arms this time around. Was okay, not great with dual wield. Arms is much better. Focus on good weapons and as soon as you get deep wounds 3/3 and improved overpower 2/2, go for 5 points in cruelty. crits and bleeds smooth your damage ENORMOUSLY. And rend everything. rage in damage out, rend smooths way more than an extra heroic strike.
Honeybadgers
Tester

Previous

Return to Warrior