Warrior virtually imposible to solo level?

Re: Warrior virtually imposible to solo level?

by DownToFarm » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:19 pm

Undertanker wrote:
DanielGames wrote:Stoneslayer lasted me to 60. http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9418

Personally I think enchanting crusader on leveling weapons is a waste if you're not twinking. WW axe is powerful enough as it is.

+9 damage is a really nice way to go if you get it.

If you are wanting to level, I'd put crusader on WW or Bonebiter and only go other instances for the quest. You will level faster than instance grinding and make much more gold if you know which mobs to grind on.\

This is what Im doing. Putting groups together wastes too much time for little xp and gold. Questing can be slow as well, especially at peak hours, due to the awesome amount of world pvp. When I really need to get stable xp, I've pretty much been grinding mobs endlessly in some of the less crowded areas.
Gorefiend US: Fereveldir
Sargeras US: Peachit
Nostalrius PVP: Artimys

Always DTF
---------------------------------------------
http://steamcommunity.com/id/DownToFarm
DownToFarm
Grunt
Grunt

by DownToFarm » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:41 am

DanielGames wrote:Stoneslayer lasted me to 60. http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9418

Personally I think enchanting crusader on leveling weapons is a waste if you're not twinking. WW axe is powerful enough as it is.

Not ice barbed spear?
Gorefiend US: Fereveldir
Sargeras US: Peachit
Nostalrius PVP: Artimys

Always DTF
---------------------------------------------
http://steamcommunity.com/id/DownToFarm
DownToFarm
Grunt
Grunt

by St0rfan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:58 am

DownToFarm wrote:

Not ice barbed spear?

That would be the exception, since it's a solid choice even at lvl60.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by DanielGames » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:22 pm

DownToFarm wrote:

Not ice barbed spear?

I didn't get credit for Korrak until like lvl 58 or 59. You could get lucky and get a Korrak kill at lvl 51 but I wasn't and didn't bother farming AV for it. As St0rfan posted, you could enchant crusader on that if you planned on using it a while, but it doesn't take very long to get exalted in AV for tUF.

I always had the theory that you should make gold while leveling, not spend it. There are more important things for me to buy at 60. Of course if this isn't your first character and you're swimming in gold, don't let me stop you.
Zouleika - Troll Warrior "Requests curse of reck and tanks with a 2hander? I like this guy"
Gerwulf - Horde Paladin "Where the fuck you been?"
DanielGames
Sergeant
Sergeant

by packersville » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Sword and board son til 14 or 15. Then switch over to 2h if you have a decent one that is. Sword and board til you have a decent one or can dual wield.
packersville
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Brion » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:59 pm

Only fight things 2-4 levels below you if possible. I got my warrior to 59 on the PvP server and rarely did a quest that was yellow. Green mobs/quests + rested experience = smooth leveling.
Don't always charge. If mobs are grouped up or flee when near death, use your bow to pull them back. This is probably the biggest mistake I see warriors making in the world.
If you have excess rage, use demoralizing shout on melees and maybe even thunderclap on rogue types with fast attacks.
Quyzbuk - Tauren Warrior [PVP]
Linguo - Tauren Druid [PVE]
Brion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Deadletter » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:58 pm

You could follow all this safe advise, or you could be a real warrior and learn to enjoy the corpse run like I have.
Deadletter
Private
Private

by Brion » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:21 pm

Deadletter wrote:You could follow all this safe advise, or you could be a real warrior and learn to enjoy the corpse run like I have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7STHIrFHg0
Quyzbuk - Tauren Warrior [PVP]
Linguo - Tauren Druid [PVE]
Brion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Turgon » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:38 am

I'm approaching 60 on my first warrior in classic. I had zero outside assistance or gold handed to me.

Basically warrior sucks until 40 plus. This is mainly because heroic strike sucks ass.

The best advice I can give you is get a shield early, form your own groups, and tank every instance once you're in level range for it until you get every single item you need from them. This will really help gear wise.

Try and out level the quests you do. This can be done by chain running instances for the gear you need.

40 plus I was only doing quests that were basically green and if I hit high level stuff (two levels over me) I went back to instance grinding or found lower level quests to do.

Go arms until 50ish. Especially if you're on the PVP server.

Once you get good one handers like a trash blade you can probably switch to fury. Even two hand fury is decent.
Turgon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Teneas » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:48 pm

My standard MO for warrior leveling (and leveling in general since I'm a huge rep whore, but especially with warriors) is to slow down the early level process by taking out all 3 entry zones before doing anything else.
Be warned, this at least triple (derp) your time to get to 12, and on a pvp server will increase it 5-6 fold with the running required (Never done it horde side, but that Loch Modan/Wetlands run can be miserable if you're getting griefed). This is mainly for folks who don't enjoy living in instances.

These are the benefits of doing this:

+Taking care of faction rep early while still getting xp for the quests (if done properly, the worst you'll deal with is 1-2 quests of grey mobs)
+Immediate level boost on zones (essential for warriors, as stated already). Keeping yourself 1-2 levels above quest level makes life so much easier
+Not as reliant on dungeon groups in the late teens, early 20s to get your level boost on zones. I love instances as much as the next guy, but you will be grinding them out plenty at 60 and I tend to get burnt out being repetitive at the lower levels. But to each their own.
+Getting a level boost on zones allows for you to move quickly through the initial contested zones without getting too much grief from WPVP gankers. You will still get ganked, but by having the boost you will be able to quest quickly before/after ganks and move on.
+Gives you the opportunity to move to several zones if you are getting camped. This may be the best advantage of leveling this way. If you keep bouncing around hitting the green quests in each zone and moving on, you will always have opportunities to move back and forth between zones to work on yellows if you have to due to gankers.
+Increases gathering/cooking professions faster. I put this last because this is simply an assumption that I have made off of my experience. I may just need to git gud at profs.

And here are the cons:

+This will slow things down dramatically. If you don't have much patience for the early level questing grind then this is not something you're going to enjoy at all.
+If you are forced or choose to abandon this strategy later on, you will be gear deprived unless you've gotten lucky on instance runs. I generally run each instance at least 2 times as a rule, but that's hardly enough to get 'fully geared' out of each unless you're some sort of lucky asshole who everyone rightfully hates.
+You lose out on critical class-learning experience. By avoiding ganking like the plague and always blasting through lower level mobs you miss out on the essential opportunities to learn how to play your class under fire. High-stress (lawl. vidya games) situations are pretty vital to becoming a better player, so I recommend this only if you know how to warrior (IE already leveled a 60 warrior on Vanilla or Vanilla private servers). If you don't know how, you will catch all sorts of hell when you do hit 60. And considering how over-populated the class is, you can ill-afford to look like a jackass.
+You're going to undergeared for PVP in BGs. Sadly, this is my biggest knock on this. If you plan on doing BGs significantly while leveling, you shouldn't do this. You won't have the gear and will get rolled. You will be undergeared even compared to other non-twinks at your level and it will be difficult to compete. And if you're going to be a twink or even partially-geared you shouldn't be reading this to begin with.
Teneas
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior