[GUIDE] 1.12.1 Warrior Macros

Re: [GUIDE] 1.12.1 Warrior Macros

by blabsalot » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:37 pm

St0rfan wrote:
blabsalot wrote:Could someone tell me how to make a simple macro to use my Lifegiving Gem and just make a /yell and a /rw saying I've used it?

/use lifegiving gem
/rw gem used!

But honestly, get the addon called tankbuddy. It got gem, last stand, shieldwall, taunt resist, mocking blow miss all as automatic announce. It's the single best Addon for a tank.

Alright thank you for the addon suggestion!
blabsalot
Private
Private

by bockhorm » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:03 am

hello can someone tell me why I lose several of my bars when I attempt to use super macro together with bongos? alternatively, is there any way to macr oyour abilities to have auto attack in them without using super macro?
bockhorm
Grunt
Grunt

by xeslaro » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:43 pm

So from what I can gather, the auto-attack macro doesn't work using SuperMacro 3.15

/run if not IsCurrentAction(11) then UseAction(11) end;
/run CastSpellByName("Mortal Strike")

UseAction11 is set to Attack

If I stand in front of any attackable NPC with 0 rage and spam this button and it will not start attack. If I have 30 rage, of course it does but only because it cast MS, not because it starts auto.

Am I using an out of date SuperMacro or is this intended? If the only use of this macro is to start attack by spell cast, then it's basically useless and I'm pretty sure this macro is not useless so hoping to figure out what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks,
xeslaro
Grunt
Grunt

by St0rfan » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:36 pm

xeslaro wrote:So from what I can gather, the auto-attack macro doesn't work using SuperMacro 3.15

If I stand in front of any attackable NPC with 0 rage and spam this button and it will not start attack. If I have 30 rage, of course it does but only because it cast MS, not because it starts auto.

Am I using an out of date SuperMacro or is this intended? If the only use of this macro is to start attack by spell cast, then it's basically useless and I'm pretty sure this macro is not useless so hoping to figure out what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks,

The obvious answer here is button placement. Are you 100% SURE that your attack is placed on button #11?
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by RedBanner » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:14 am

In order to maximize my use of space, I macroed Execute and Revenge on top of other abilities, so if they are up, I am using them ahead of... whatever. Basically:

/cast Revenge
/cast Shield Block (this appears to be working quite well)

Originally I wanted to also throw in Overpower. Something like:

/cast Overpower
/cast Execute
/cast Rend (this never results in a Rend or Execute, at least so far as I have tested it)

My limited knowledge of macros says "it tries Overpower, if that's not available it tries Revenge, and if that's not available it does Shield Block". With this I can open a couple of spots for other abilities. But Overpower will not cast as I get an "Invalid Target" message, and it appears to prevent whatever is behind it from casting as well (I'm still messing around with it, so I'm not 100% on it yet).

I'm wondering if there is a way to bypass that error Overpower seems to give as to whether or not the enemy has dodged? I would guess that it would be an if statement of some sort "if target is valid, cast Overpower, if not cast Execute, cast Rend".

It seems like there could be a way to check this, but I really have a basic idea of how macros work, and SuperMacros even less. Took me a good hour to figure out how to check for a buff on the enemy. Is there a decent resource that explains the macro system and it's functions as they apply to this version of the game?

EDIT: So while I had to wait for this post to be approved by the mods I figured it out. I had to bury Execute, Overpower, and Revenge deep into an unused toolbar, then I used a macro I found on an Oregon State forum from many years ago (odd, right?):

Code: Select all
/run if not IsCurrentAction(72) then UseAction(72) end;
/script if IsUsableAction(71) then CastSpellByName("Overpower") elseif IsUsableAction(70) then CastSpellByName("Execute") else CastSpellByName("Heroic Strike"); end

Works great as far as I have seen so far. Still would like to find a good resource for macro creation.
Join #macrochat text channel for macro assistance (no sign-up required): Discord.
I'm not a pro, but I love building macros, sharing what I know, and learning more.
RedBanner
Grunt
Grunt

by Amkô » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:56 pm

PanicButton:
/eq [Quel'Serrar]
/eq [Draconian Deflector]
/cast defensive stance
/cast shield wall

Works fine for me.

I got a macro for battle stance and my 2h weapon.

But how can I write it down so it equips my dual wield weapons? (different names)

/equipslot 17 doesnt work.

I got supermacro (so the panic button works)
Amkô
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Heldunder » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:03 am

Amkô wrote:PanicButton:
/eq [Quel'Serrar]
/eq [Draconian Deflector]
/cast defensive stance
/cast shield wall

Works fine for me.

I got a macro for battle stance and my 2h weapon.

But how can I write it down so it equips my dual wield weapons? (different names)

/equipslot 17 doesnt work.

I got supermacro (so the panic button works)

my outfitter or w/e does it. tho i keep my two 1h on my hotbar for that.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Amkô » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:18 am

Nah just want the macro, like it worked with my 2-hander :-)

Anyone any idea?

And btw:
When I use my panic button macro (I wrote it without shield wall tho) and then equipping my 1 handers due hotbar --> equipps first weapon then the second, but the shield is always on after that, so this isnt working for me too :/
Amkô
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by xeslaro » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:20 am

St0rfan wrote:
xeslaro wrote:So from what I can gather, the auto-attack macro doesn't work using SuperMacro 3.15

Thanks,

The obvious answer here is button placement. Are you 100% SURE that your attack is placed on button #11?

Definitely using the right button. I've tried using the "1" button as well. I think it might have to do with my client. A friend has the Emerald Dream client and SuperMacro and it works for him. Nobody else I know can get this macro to work either and we all started fresh with Nostal WoW... so I'm assuming it's either another client or a specific version of SuperMacro that isn't clearly illustrated here.
xeslaro
Grunt
Grunt

by xeslaro » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:33 am

fixed it with a new super macro version.
xeslaro
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior