[GUIDE] 1.12.1 Warrior Macros

Re: [GUIDE] 1.12.1 Warrior Macros

by St0rfan » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:17 am

fish wrote:What's the point of the start-attack macros?

Thanks

It does two things basically:

1. It frees up one of your "good" buttons/bindings from being occupied by auto-attack.
2. You dont have to right-click on a mob to initiate attack sequence. I suppose the start-attack macro holds more value for those that play with keybindings rather than clickers.

TLDR: Small quality-of-life improvement.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Alipius » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:45 pm

these macros are really nice, but how can u adjust it to e.g. switch back to defensive stance, e.g. for
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(1); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Charge"); else CastSpellByName("Battle Stance()"); end;

So that aftert TC i would switch back to def stance
Alipius
Tester

by St0rfan » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:31 am

Alipius wrote:these macros are really nice, but how can u adjust it to e.g. switch back to defensive stance, e.g. for
/run local texture,name,isActive,isCastable = GetShapeshiftFormInfo(1); if isActive then CastSpellByName("Charge"); else CastSpellByName("Battle Stance()"); end;

So that aftert TC i would switch back to def stance

I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you mean a macro which would:
Def stance -> switch to battle stance -> cast Thunderclap -> switch back to def stance?

Such a macro would contain and require 3 arguments/actions/stance switches and this cannot be done to my knowledge. However, a good alternative to this would simply be to add /cast defensive stance in a macro along side an ability that require def-stance, such as taunt (see my previous macros).
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Alipius » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:54 pm

yes i meant to "Def stance -> switch to battle stance -> cast Thunderclap -> switch back to def stance"

but then i guess thast not possible here to do this in one macro with supermacor
Alipius
Tester

by Kristolicious » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:21 am

Thought I would mention, those 2 charge/intercept macros, I dont know if it is cuz I have super macros, but if you charge the first one, in battle stance, too much, it is possible to charge, change to zerker and intercept, before you reach your target, managed it a couple of times now, Happy PvPing!
Kristolicious
Tester

by St0rfan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:10 am

Kristolicious wrote:Thought I would mention, those 2 charge/intercept macros, I dont know if it is cuz I have super macros, but if you charge the first one, in battle stance, too much, it is possible to charge, change to zerker and intercept, before you reach your target, managed it a couple of times now, Happy PvPing!

That is correct. if you tap the macro three times it will indeed also cast charge as the zerkstance macro querty of game is your character is in combat and adapt accordingly by casting intercept. For the same reason I never spam my charge too hard as an opener in dungeons as I know this will "waste" my intercept too, lessening my mobility for picking up stray adds.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by itwasfree » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:10 pm

Great macros, really appreciate you laying it out.

3 quick questions:

1) Do you have problems with the start-attack macros cancelling the auto-attack when spammed?
2) I'm new to SuperMacro and was having trouble with it. I'd make a macro, stick it on my bar, and it would perform another one of my macros instead
3) After a few minutes with SuperMacro, my macros seem to stop working. Even if it's just a /cast macro. Maybe related to the above problem? With SuperMacro disabled, my macros work as intended with no issues.

Is there anything I need to know about SuperMacro? My impression was it's just a plug-n-play add-on that has a better/more convenient API-library.
Is this a Bongos Problem?

EDIT:
Found info online stating I need unique names. Going to look into that and disabling Bongos and report back my findings.

Nopeeeee. Real problem:
I can't put the attack button on 1. Put it on 61 and it works fine. wtf.
itwasfree
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:27 am

itwasfree wrote:Great macros, really appreciate you laying it out.

3 quick questions:

1) Do you have problems with the start-attack macros cancelling the auto-attack when spammed?
2) I'm new to SuperMacro and was having trouble with it. I'd make a macro, stick it on my bar, and it would perform another one of my macros instead
3) After a few minutes with SuperMacro, my macros seem to stop working. Even if it's just a /cast macro. Maybe related to the above problem? With SuperMacro disabled, my macros work as intended with no issues.

Is there anything I need to know about SuperMacro? My impression was it's just a plug-n-play add-on that has a better/more convenient API-library.
Is this a Bongos Problem?

EDIT:
Found info online stating I need unique names. Going to look into that and disabling Bongos and report back my findings.

Nopeeeee. Real problem:
I can't put the attack button on 1. Put it on 61 and it works fine. wtf.

1. Never had that issue. I dont see how it could even happen since its an if/else argument. On the other hand, things can bug out, it just never happend to me.

2. Hold on a second. Are you making first one macro with the arguments, then another macro referencing the first macro by just having /cast *macro name here*? If so, I have never heard of anyone doing that and I dont think that'll work out well even if it does work.

3. Regarding bongos I know that'll cause trouble if you have several macros with the same name. When testing different types of charge-macros I had several macros with the name charge and I had to change their names to i.e "charge-one", "charge-two" etc because bongos got confused with same names.

On a side note. Why would you want to put the auto attack button on 1? The whole point of having the start attack macro is so that you can free up button 1 (or any of the "good" keybinds) for other spells.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by itwasfree » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:34 pm

St0rfan wrote:
itwasfree wrote:/snip

1. Never had that issue. I dont see how it could even happen since its an if/else argument. On the other hand, things can bug out, it just never happend to me.

2. Hold on a second. Are you making first one macro with the arguments, then another macro referencing the first macro by just having /cast *macro name here*? If so, I have never heard of anyone doing that and I dont think that'll work out well even if it does work.

3. Regarding bongos I know that'll cause trouble if you have several macros with the same name. When testing different types of charge-macros I had several macros with the name charge and I had to change their names to i.e "charge-one", "charge-two" etc because bongos got confused with same names.

On a side note. Why would you want to put the auto attack button on 1? The whole point of having the start attack macro is so that you can free up button 1 (or any of the "good" keybinds) for other spells.

1. When I had attack on 1, I was able to check attack status but not start attacking, I used attack() or some syntax like that. When spammed, it would cancel. Found similar complaints online. Problem was alleviated using your exact syntax (and moving attack to another bar).

2. No. This problem was caused by having my macro names as a single space like this " ". It's a habit from the past that has never caused me trouble. I do it to avoid text on my buttons, if anyone has another work around for this, let me know!

3. Adding names fixed my bongos problem.

Your Sidenote: I don't use bar 1 (I prefer to handle my stance-bar changes with macro language.) However, I may change this habit.

tdlr;
Give macros unique names
Don't put attack on bar 1 (or at least 1,1. Didn't test more)
itwasfree
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:52 pm

itwasfree wrote:
St0rfan wrote:
itwasfree wrote:/snip

1. When I had attack on 1, I was able to check attack status but not start attacking, I used attack() or some syntax like that. When spammed, it would cancel. Found similar complaints online. Problem was alleviated using your exact syntax (and moving attack to another bar).

2. No. This problem was caused by having my macro names as a single space like this " ". It's a habit from the past that has never caused me trouble. I do it to avoid text on my buttons, if anyone has another work around for this, let me know!

3. Adding names fixed my bongos problem.

Your Sidenote: I don't use bar 1 (I prefer to handle my stance-bar changes with macro language.) However, I may change this habit.

tdlr;
Give macros unique names
Don't put attack on bar 1 (or at least 1,1. Didn't test more)

1. Good to hear.

2. Okay so by naming your macro into "space" (literally an empty space?) In order to have nice clear buttons it fucked it up? Then I understand your problem. I actually think there is a setting either in supermacro or bongos to disable macro name text showing on macros/buttons.

3. See #2.

bonus: Bar1 is normaly the actual first button bar that covers button 1-12. Stance bar is simply "stance bar" in bongos too so lets not confuse the two. Either way, I aswell never really use my stance bar anymore since I got my stance switches bound to ability macros all over the place. i.e if I want to switch to def stance I simply push my double-tap-taunt-macro instead of making use of my stance bar. Likewise if I want to switch to battle stance i simply tap my charge macro.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior