[GUIDE] 1.12.1 Warrior Macros

Re: [GUIDE] 1.12.1 Warrior Macros

by itwasfree » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:07 pm

St0rfan wrote:bonus: Bar1 is normaly the actual first button bar that covers button 1-12. Stance bar is simply "stance bar" in bongos too so lets not confuse the two. Either way, I aswell never really use my stance bar anymore since I got my stance switches bound to ability macros all over the place. i.e if I want to switch to def stance I simply push my double-tap-taunt-macro instead of making use of my stance bar. Likewise if I want to switch to battle stance i simply tap my charge macro.

By Stance Bar I meant Bar1, the bar that changes with stance changes. [not sure if this happens in Bongos]

And yes, I too use those macros to swap stances. Thanks to you!

Thanks for the tip on SuperMacro/Bongos macro text. I'll take a look into it tonight.
itwasfree
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by itwasfree » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:12 pm

Is there a reason you do all that stance detection instead of:

/cast Overpower
/run CastShapeshiftForm(1)
itwasfree
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:53 am

itwasfree wrote:Is there a reason you do all that stance detection instead of:

/cast Overpower
/run CastShapeshiftForm(1)

You raise a very valid point. Most of the macro's have been compiled thru stealing from other sources so only a few of them I would call my own. The same can be said several of the macro's, alot of bloat could be trimmed down easily.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Viorus » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:08 am

Thanks so much for taking the time to post all of these.

For a newb, could you explain the benefit of using macros such as these? What do they do that can't be accomplished without said macros?
Viorin, 60 Night Elf Druid (USA), Knight-Champion

"Strive for greatness."
Viorus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by St0rfan » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:29 am

Viorus wrote:Thanks so much for taking the time to post all of these.

For a newb, could you explain the benefit of using macros such as these? What do they do that can't be accomplished without said macros?

The benefits has been explained both in the first post, and in several after that but I'll make another attempt.

- Start attack macro allows you to bind auto attack to your base abilities, meaning you dont have to occupy a "good" binding for starting attack, nor need to right click each new target you tab to.

- Double-tap macros allows you to incorporate several actions into just one button (though you will still have to click it twice to all the actions to be executed). Examples of this are mentioned just above here.
For example: if you are in Berserkerstance and aim to change to battle stance in order to use OverPower. This would normaly require you to "click berserker stance, "click overpower" which are two different actions and two different buttons. With the macro you simply put these two actions into one button, saving time and excess button-clicking. This can be applied to all stance-sensitive abilities. Other examples of abilities that benefit immensly by this are taunt, thunderclap, Whirlwind, mocking blow.

- Panic button that incorporate changing to defensive stance as well as equips your 1h and shield. Good if you accidentaly pulls aggro and need to save yourself.

- Universal interrupt macro lets you have shieldbash and pummel in the same macro. This frees up space on your action bars and it will automatically cast what ever ability depending on the circumstances.

- Universal Charge/intercept does the same thing as universal interrupt. It casts what ever ability depending on your combat situation.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Inzomnia » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:28 pm

This does NOT bug out ktm. Button (35) is autoattack on my bars.

/run if not IsCurrentAction(35) then UseAction(35) end;
/run CastSpellByName("Sunder Armor")

if you want an intercept macro on your main action bar, the one that swaps on stances, i made these 2 macros. The first macro is for on your def stance bar, the second one is on berserker stance. If you put both macros on for example keyboard press "1" , You can spam 1 and not go out of def stance if intercept is on CD. Then after swapping to Berserker you wont go back into Def util intercept is cast. Which it does first. So just spam "2" and you will go berserker, intercept, and go back to def.
(note, (34) is the spot on my action bars where i have Intercept)

Def stance macro:
/run --CastSpellByName("Intercept")
/run x1=GetActionCooldown(34); if x1==0 then CastSpellByName("Berserker Stance") else CastSpellByName("Defensive Stance") end

Berserker stance macro:
/run x1=GetActionCooldown(34); if x1==0 then CastSpellByName("Intercept") else CastSpellByName("Defensive Stance") end
Inzomnia
Private
Private

by St0rfan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:41 pm

Inzomnia wrote:This does NOT bug out ktm. Button (35) is autoattack on my bars.

/run if not IsCurrentAction(35) then UseAction(35) end;
/run CastSpellByName("Sunder Armor")

if you want an intercept macro on your main action bar, the one that swaps on stances, i made these 2 macros. The first macro is for on your def stance bar, the second one is on berserker stance. If you put both macros on for example keyboard press "1" , You can spam 1 and not go out of def stance if intercept is on CD. Then after swapping to Berserker you wont go back into Def util intercept is cast. Which it does first. So just spam "2" and you will go berserker, intercept, and go back to def.
(note, (34) is the spot on my action bars where i have Intercept)

Def stance macro:
/run x1=GetActionCooldown(34); if x1==0 then CastSpellByName("Berserker Stance") else CastSpellByName("Defensive Stance") end

Berserker stance macro:
/run x1=GetActionCooldown(34); if x1==0 then CastSpellByName("Intercept") else CastSpellByName("Defensive Stance") end

Thank you for your suggestion. I remember you mentioning it in-game a few months ago and I'm glad you finaly posted in the thread. I will try this out myself and return with my results. If it doesnt bug KTM for me either I'll edit my macros in the first post.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Inzomnia » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:52 pm

Just thought to point out that:

Does nothing but work as a #showtooltip. It adds the icon of the spell you type there, and its CD and tooltip.
Inzomnia
Private
Private

by Inzomnia » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:55 pm

Also if anyone could look into my intercept macros and add a /run x2=GetCombatStatus or whatever it would be, to check if in combat and if not, go into battle stance and do a normal charge, that would be awesome. I dont have the time to look into this but it should be very much possible. Something like ;if x2==0 then castbyspellname(BattleStance)
Inzomnia
Private
Private

by Styrupp » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:12 pm

Awesome will try this. will try 2 give feedback :)
Styrupp
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior