[GUIDE] 1.12.1 Fury warrior spreadsheet.

Re: [GUIDE] 1.12.1 Fury warrior spreadsheet.

by vido » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:54 pm

The spreadsheet isn't going to be completely accurate, it assumes a perfect rotation and it uses a generic 20% boss armor mitigation. DM buffs aren't in there either but it would be easy to add. It's also using retail formulas for procrates, attack tables etc. Weapon skills are tricky too, it assumes that you're capped at 310 skill however in reality your glancing blows should deal around 95% at 310 and 100% at 315.

2h crit cap 54.4% with 300 weapon skill (100-40 glance-5.6 dodge) so it's not practically reachable. When you dual-wield you have to put up with a 24.6% hit hard cap on top of that.

Regarding Ironfoe I used a 10% proc rate, keep in mind that it procs 2 attacks instead of just one.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Problazer » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:26 am

vido wrote:The spreadsheet isn't going to be completely accurate, it assumes a perfect rotation and it uses a generic 20% boss armor mitigation. DM buffs aren't in there either but it would be easy to add. It's also using retail formulas for procrates, attack tables etc. Weapon skills are tricky too, it assumes that you're capped at 310 skill however in reality your glancing blows should deal around 95% at 310 and 100% at 315.

2h crit cap 54.4% with 300 weapon skill (100-40 glance-5.6 dodge) so it's not practically reachable. When you dual-wield you have to put up with a 24.6% hit hard cap on top of that.

Regarding Ironfoe I used a 10% proc rate, keep in mind that it procs 2 attacks instead of just one.

I thought the equation for crit cap would be
100% - 5.6 dodge - 40 glance + your hit%

Why didn't you factor in hit % with a 2h? Also, is the dodge chance different between 2h or dual weild? The quoted guide says 27% miss on 2h and you mention 24.6. Are the discrepencies here because of assumed weapon skill?

St0rfan wrote:White crit cap:
100% - 27% miss - 8% dodge - 40% glance + your hit%

Yellow crit cap:
100% - 8% miss - 8% dodge + your hit%

Shamelessly stolen from 'Hiddehs fury guide'.
Problazer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Amkô » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:46 am

So how much crit needs a warrior for being capped?

Just tell me straight out a number :P (assuming the warrior has 9% hit and skill 300 with weapons.
Amkô
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:57 am

Amkô wrote:So how much crit needs a warrior for being capped?

Just tell me straight out a number :P (assuming the warrior has 9% hit and skill 300 with weapons.

White crit cap:
100% - 27% miss - 8% dodge - 40% glance + 9% (Your hit in the above example) = 34% white crit cap.

Yellow crit cap:
100% - 8% miss - 8% dodge + 9% (Your hit in the above example) = 93% yellow crit cap.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Amkô » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:57 pm

Ok ty, I calculated it like you, but didn't believe it til now^^
Amkô
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vido » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:26 pm

27% miss chance is incorrect. A value of 24% + 0.6% (300 weapon skill) is used in the spreadsheet. I didn't mention hit cap for 2h since you should be hard capped in any case.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vido » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:33 pm

St0rfan wrote:
Amkô wrote:So how much crit needs a warrior for being capped?

Yellow crit cap:
100% - 8% miss - 8% dodge + 9% (Your hit in the above example) = 93% yellow crit cap.

Miss chance is 8.6% with 300 weapon skill, 8% if you somehow manage to stack 315 weapon skill (100% glancing damage i.e. hardcap) and hit chance over the hard cap has no affect on the attack table though i assume that this was just an honest mistake.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Lingon » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:03 am

vido wrote:27% miss chance is incorrect. A value of 24% + 0.6% (300 weapon skill) is used in the spreadsheet. I didn't mention hit cap for 2h since you should be hard capped in any case.

19% extra miss chance for dual wield isn't it, so 19+8(base) = 27.
hmm data should show this easily, if you have it.
Lingon
Grunt
Grunt

by Aslan » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:14 am

Have yet to see data not more on favor of 24.6%. Its true though that almost all private servers used the 27% miss on bosses with DW, that doesnt prove that it works here the same way. Your crit cap formula compeletely disregards weapon skill... Why do you quote a feenix guide instead of testing how it works here?

Hiddehs guide was created on feenix afaik. How come you assume 8% dodge?

Would also be careful about the crit cap thing as warrior. After all you only have white hits from your offhand, WW, BT, HS, Cleave, Hamstring and so on are all specials.
On a sidenote, yellows are believed to be originate from a 2-roll system, the critcap result is the same (apart from the fact that I think the numbers are a little wrong) but your way to get there is odd... In the end, both crit cap formulas lack testing and explanations and will gimp fury dps by a ton if they are as inaccurate as I think they are and also since no words about the importance of white hits for furies now and in later content.

Sticky guides with fancy layout have big responsibilities.
Last edited by Aslan on Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by captaincrook » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:58 pm

As soon as I open the spreadsheet i get Circular Dependency errors. Any idea whats going on?
captaincrook
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior