[GUIDE] 1.12.1 Fury warrior spreadsheet.

Re: [GUIDE] 1.12.1 Fury warrior spreadsheet.

by vido » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:20 pm

You need to open the spreadsheet in Excel.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by marsumane » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:41 pm

With the most recent version, when I fill out my warrior's gear with what he has currently, I have been checking the weapons to see what would be the best upgrade for him. From my understanding the ZG Warblades should not be used on warriors due to their fast attack speed. When I select the warblades, or even just the MH to replace his Vis'kag, I get a much higher DPS result. To further test, I selected CTS/Maladeth and the two warblades result in a higher dps than those. This clearly should not be the case.
marsumane
Tester

by vido » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:54 pm

If you're not using edgemaster's, playing a non-human, and alliance side(no WF) it's likely for warblades to be better than CTS/Maladath on a pure single target fight.

Fury warriors (esp. Alliance side) shouldn't be too picky about attack speed on a single target fight since WW is on a 10s cooldown and Overpower procs are on a similar interval. As an added bonus you can heroic strike more since it's more rage efficient with a fast weapon (your white swings hit for less so your HS DPR goes up).

Also perhaps the most important thing to note is that a 1.7 weapon is going to do a lot more sub 20% dps than a slow 2.6, since 1.7 spd with flurry will generate rage at sub 1.5s intervals which should allow you to Execute on GCD. So it's important to look at sub 20 and dps sans execute separately.

For short fights or by altering your execute phase rotation, you might find that CTS/Maladath becomes better. The spreadsheet doesn't take into account your initial pooled rage going into execute phase, or rage pot timing, or prioritizing BT over Execute if you're >30 rage and surpass a certain amount of ap (this applies to WW as well at insane gear levels or 2-handers).

This combined with recklessness (glancing blows turn into crits, misses -> crits e.g. weapon skills are devalued and so is hit and crit chance, while AP scales incredibly) and cooldown stacking in general makes the spreadsheet wildly inaccurate for short encounters since it simply doesn't take into account any of these factors. The spreadsheet won't spoon feed you everything, you'll have to figure out a lot on your own.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by HammerDeath » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:09 am

This gives some controversial results. Not saying its wrong, its probably more right than "conventional wisdom", but for instance, even if I'm at 10% hit, its an upgrade to switch out Satyr's Bow for Gurubashi Dwarf Destroyer, meaning that 1% hit and 0,3% crit is worth less than 30 AP.

And even more interesting (and this I have checked both with and without world buffs and consumables), even at 9% hit, switching out Cape of the Black Baron for Zulian Tigerhide Cloak is not an upgrade. Meaning 1% hit is worth less than 20 AP after the 9% is reached, according to the sheet.
HammerDeath
Tester

by St0rfan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:22 pm

HammerDeath wrote:This gives some controversial results. Not saying its wrong, its probably more right than "conventional wisdom", but for instance, even if I'm at 10% hit, its an upgrade to switch out Satyr's Bow for Gurubashi Dwarf Destroyer, meaning that 1% hit and 0,3% crit is worth less than 30 AP.

And even more interesting (and this I have checked both with and without world buffs and consumables), even at 9% hit, switching out Cape of the Black Baron for Zulian Tigerhide Cloak is not an upgrade. Meaning 1% hit is worth less than 20 AP after the 9% is reached, according to the sheet.

Spot on. Its better than conventional wisdom, which I also have pointed out several times:)
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vido » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:23 am

There are a few things I'll try to fix tonight, like hit below hit cap doesn't take into rage loss, so for example missing an execute/BT is a much larger DPS loss than the spreadsheet implies. I'm also working on the felstriker proc which is almost finished (taking into account some non obvious things like glancing blows/misses/dodges -> crits so the proc DPS will be dependant on weapon skill).
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by xanderbox » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:23 am

FeetList and FeetStats don't have the same range (Row 17 vs Row 18)

I am also getting the Circular Reference Error with Flurry Chance and final attack speeds. I am opening it in excel but cannot find a way of clearing the error as it is a circular reference.
xanderbox
Tester

by vido » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:06 am

I'll have a look at that, thanks for mentioning. I'll also edit the ironfoe/thrash blade/felstriker etc. formulas so they're accurate when place in either hand.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vido » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:16 am

HammerDeath wrote:This gives some controversial results. Not saying its wrong, its probably more right than "conventional wisdom", but for instance, even if I'm at 10% hit, its an upgrade to switch out Satyr's Bow for Gurubashi Dwarf Destroyer, meaning that 1% hit and 0,3% crit is worth less than 30 AP.

When you compare conventional wisdom to the spreadsheet you make it sound like it's something from outerspace or whatever. The sheet isn't really much different from "conventional wisdom", rather than making poor assumptions, you simply take your time and try to take every variable into account.

Sure it's not completely right and on top of what I mentioned earlier in the thread it could use more work to account for stacking cooldowns, varying rotations, etc. It's at a decent enough state though to serve it's main purpose, which is comparing items and finding upgrades.
Last edited by vido on Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vido » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:25 am

xanderbox wrote:FeetList and FeetStats don't have the same range (Row 17 vs Row 18)

I am also getting the Circular Reference Error with Flurry Chance and final attack speeds. I am opening it in excel but cannot find a way of clearing the error as it is a circular reference.

Make sure you only have one excel window running and the circular reference shouldn't be a problem.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior