Charge

Charge

by Origin » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:16 pm

So, charge is bugged and putting the player on top of the NPC/PC that's charged at.

Discuss.
Origin is Amazing
<Offense> Detheroc [US]
Origin
Private
Private

Re: Charge

by TheLockKing » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:33 pm

IIRC, that's how it originally worked. Only in a later patch did it increase running speed and literally charge you to the target.
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Warrgasm » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:20 pm

TheLockKing wrote:IIRC, that's how it originally worked. Only in a later patch did it increase running speed and literally charge you to the target.

And originally, there were no bg's at release. Keeping charge like this isn't blizzlike, it's dumb. Every time I charge a mob I lose dps by having to either back peddle or mouse turn to start my auto attack.
Warrgasm
Private
Private

by TheLockKing » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:00 pm

Welp, turns out it was fixed in an earlyish patch (1.0.6: Charge no longer teleports you to the target, but speeds you along a path towards the target.) It's probably inherent in the code then and no one caught it OR the tested out charge that was shown in the video somehow didn't transfer well when they made release server.

Also, you want blizzlike? Originally (until LK if I remember) If the opponent moves a significant distance from where it was when you charged, you don't follow it. You stop right where you were going. This isn't the case for projectiles.. so.. yeah.
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by morbidmike » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:06 pm

Charge and Intercept were pretty bugged on retail indeed. Warriorcraft
morbidmike
Private
Private

by FORTRAN777 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:15 pm

Charge pathing works absolutely flawless. One minor (well atleast for me) problem is that there is a chance you'll charge right into the npc, not in front of him.
FORTRAN777
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by passko » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:25 pm

FORTRAN777 wrote:Charge pathing works absolutely flawless. One minor (well atleast for me) problem is that there is a chance you'll charge right into the npc, not in front of him.

well not so perfect, happens 50% of the time
passko
Private
Private

by Origin » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:42 pm

The way charge is bugged on Nost has nothing to do with how it was bugged on live.

It shouldn't be putting you on top of the mob when you charge. The pathing itself is flawless, just the end positioning isn't.
Origin is Amazing
<Offense> Detheroc [US]
Origin
Private
Private

by Sakuraba » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:22 pm

Origin nails it.

Would be very happy to see this fixed. It could prove game-breaking in pvp later down the road.
Sakuraba
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Kurt » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:29 am

I think the pathing is awesome. But, yeah, it's a little buggy that it places you atop the target.
Kurt
Private
Private

Next

Return to Warrior