[GUIDE] Prot Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants - EDITED

Re: [GUIDE] Prot Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants

by MrCer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Question, where does felstriker stand against alcor for TPS and rage regeneration?
MrCer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:37 pm

MrCer wrote:Question, where does felstriker stand against alcor for TPS and rage regeneration?

I dont know the proc-rate of Felstriker so I cannot say for sure, but it is mainly the speed that is the allure of Alcors. Maximising heroic strikes per minute is the name of the game. Alcors is the 2nd best TPS weapon in the game, which includes Naxx-loot so I doubt Felstriker even gets close. However, felstriker would be a much better choice than Quel'Serrar, which most of this servers tanks seems hellbent on using, even when Maintanking.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by MrCer » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:12 pm

Greetings! Another fun question. I was thinking about building a pre-raid max avoidance set. I read that the green boe shield can Come as str/3% additional block (of the blocking). Is this a viable setup for pure tank and spank fights?also, if I did have that shield, is it better than the ubers tanking shield?
MrCer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:26 am

MrCer wrote:Greetings! Another fun question. I was thinking about building a pre-raid max avoidance set. I read that the green boe shield can Come as str/3% additional block (of the blocking). Is this a viable setup for pure tank and spank fights?also, if I did have that shield, is it better than the ubers tanking shield?

Avoidance is only really useful when fighting bosses that deals ALOT of physical damage. There are no such bosses before Broodlord in BWL. Onyxia and all bosses in MC pretty much hits like kittens. Also, a hit avoided is rage not gained.

EDIT: Block isnt avoidance, it is mitigation.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Grave » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:03 pm

Nice guide man. Got a few comments regarding your specs though. Just some min-max things that I hope helps the guide.

The MT/MT2 spec. Improved heroic strike (2 rage saved) over 2% crit from cruelty. HS is only ever used to rage dump in excess rage situations as you know, while 2% crit is beneficial for every single situation for MT/MT2, including in rage deficient fights. My suggestion is [7/5/38] with 1 talent point to invest anywhere.

The offtank specs. Giving up improved 1H spec on offtanks is no good, they need it in any fight when they need to tank adds or threat generation for vael/razor/brood/chrom and the expense for the luxury of improved demo shout which is not needed in this content, or even AQ40 I might argue. 3rd spec gives up 10% armor loss on offtanks for 5/5 imp demo shout. 10% more armor gives damage reduction mitigation for every single combat situation that does physical damage, which is nearly all except a few mobs in current content. Versus imp. demo shout. For reasons mentioned above, it should be a no brainer which is more effective.

The Impale spec you linked is a bit odd. 10% armor loss and 2 seconds on shield wall vs 10 defense and 2/3 imp. SA? With proper Defense kits, T2 and ZG gear, the defense cap will be reached. However, you don't need defense cap, really. 5-10 points less is fine at that level imo.Once again 10% armor reduction is a huge loss, as it influences physical damage reduction on nearly every single fight. Whilst 10 extra def fluff points is a risk reduction of crit chance from 0.4% to 0%. An occurrence that is really only fatal on Broodlord or Nefarian warrior call. 0.4% chance of dying in those 2 cases. I would recommend this spec with BiS gear and once ZG is out.
Grave
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Grave wrote:Nice guide man. Got a few comments regarding your specs though. Just some min-max things that I hope helps the guide.

The MT/MT2 spec. Improved heroic strike (2 rage saved) over 2% crit from cruelty. HS is only ever used to rage dump in excess rage situations as you know, while 2% crit is beneficial for every single situation for MT/MT2, including in rage deficient fights. My suggestion is [7/5/38] with 1 talent point to invest anywhere.

The offtank specs. Giving up improved 1H spec on offtanks is no good, they need it in any fight when they need to tank adds or threat generation for vael/razor/brood/chrom and the expense for the luxury of improved demo shout which is not needed in this content, or even AQ40 I might argue. 3rd spec gives up 10% armor loss on offtanks for 5/5 imp demo shout. 10% more armor gives damage reduction mitigation for every single combat situation that does physical damage, which is nearly all except a few mobs in current content. Versus imp. demo shout. For reasons mentioned above, it should be a no brainer which is more effective.

The Impale spec you linked is a bit odd. 10% armor loss and 2 seconds on shield wall vs 10 defense and 2/3 imp. SA? With proper Defense kits, T2 and ZG gear, the defense cap will be reached. However, you don't need defense cap, really. 5-10 points less is fine at that level imo.Once again 10% armor reduction is a huge loss, as it influences physical damage reduction on nearly every single fight. Whilst 10 extra def fluff points is a risk reduction of crit chance from 0.4% to 0%. An occurrence that is really only fatal on Broodlord or Nefarian warrior call. 0.4% chance of dying in those 2 cases. I would recommend this spec with BiS gear and once ZG is out.

Thank you for your suggestions and insight. I have now made changes to reflect these. When (if ever) will imp demo-shout build be a viable option of an OT?
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by MrCer » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:12 pm

Question about shields. You listed ubrs, av, and DM shield. On the pve server, the only one available is uber shield. What is pre-bis to that and is not BOE
MrCer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:50 pm

MrCer wrote:Question about shields. You listed ubrs, av, and DM shield. On the pve server, the only one available is uber shield. What is pre-bis to that and is not BOE

Probably Sacred Protector
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Grave » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:36 pm

St0rfan wrote:Thank you for your suggestions and insight. I have now made changes to reflect these. When (if ever) will imp demo-shout build be a viable option of an OT?

No problem, glad to help. When will imp. demo shout be viable? I would say never. Offtanks have far more important talents to invest in. Demo shout should really only be up on mobs not currently being focus DPSed.
Grave
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Heldunder » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:52 pm

St0rfan wrote:
MrCer wrote:Greetings! Another fun question. I was thinking about building a pre-raid max avoidance set. I read that the green boe shield can Come as str/3% additional block (of the blocking). Is this a viable setup for pure tank and spank fights?also, if I did have that shield, is it better than the ubers tanking shield?

Avoidance is only really useful when fighting bosses that deals ALOT of physical damage. There are no such bosses before Broodlord in BWL. Onyxia and all bosses in MC pretty much hits like kittens. Also, a hit avoided is rage not gained.

EDIT: Block isnt avoidance, it is mitigation.

king gordoc hits almost as hard as brood...
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior