[GUIDE] Prot Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants - EDITED

Re: [GUIDE] Prot Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants

by MrCer » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:22 pm

What are your thoughts/rankings on ironfoe with life stealing as a TPS weapon for furry tanking vs other tps weapons? The reason I ask is because flurry proc makes ironfoe a 1.85 wep speed and deep wounds scales with wep dmg(using ironfoe over alcors will double deep wounds dmg).

Also flurry procs only take off 0.30 speed fro. Alcor vs 0.55 speed (almost double)

Also ironfoe procs increases the chance to crit (more flurry/deep wounds)

Also lifestealing vs crusader as fury tank?
MrCer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:40 pm

MrCer wrote:What are your thoughts/rankings on ironfoe with life stealing as a TPS weapon for furry tanking vs other tps weapons? The reason I ask is because flurry proc makes ironfoe a 1.85 wep speed and deep wounds scales with wep dmg(using ironfoe over alcors will double deep wounds dmg).

Also flurry procs only take off 0.30 speed fro. Alcor vs 0.55 speed (almost double)

Also ironfoe procs increases the chance to crit (more flurry/deep wounds)

Also lifestealing vs crusader as fury tank?

It's hard to say. Honestly though, there arent many situations where you tank as fury where TPS is also a factor. Personaly I use my ironfoe for tanking onyxia (due to rage starvation) and when tanking 5mans. I always tanks bosses with Alcors for single-target threat and occationally with Quel'Serrar for the fun of it.

I would say, in the few situations you will be tanking as fury, use Ironfoe.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by bdc » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:25 pm

What enchant should i put on my shield?I have the hakkar shield if that matters
Bdc-60 mage
Tootanky-60 warrior
bdc
Private
Private

by St0rfan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:38 pm

bdc wrote:What enchant should i put on my shield?I have the hakkar shield if that matters

2% block and 7stam is probably pretty equal if you arent crush-immune (25% block), however I would still recommend 7stam since block only works against physical dmg and a large health pool helps against all sorts of damage.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zmandude24 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:13 pm

bdc wrote:What enchant should i put on my shield?I have the hakkar shield if that matters

I'd say +7 stam since +2% block chance is pretty much useless on a warrior due to shield block. As long as you have 26.4% avoidance + block chance, shield block will push crits and crushing blows off of the table and you get that for free if you spec properly. As a prot warrior, you will have about 25% avoidance + block in grey gear, so you will never need +2% block chance.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by thenuclearwalrus » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:07 am

I didnt see it on the post, what enchant would you recommend for a shield, not in the aoe tanking category? 2% Block or Stamina?
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:38 pm

+7 stam > 2% block.

This is also why I value DM Tribute cloak over Overlords

To me 5 stam > 1 block and a lil armor.

Going off what St0rfan is saying, more times than not, what will kill you is a quick set combination of spell damage, and you experiencing some type off CC for a split second or a healer being feared.

Bigger heal pool will help in ALL situations.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by St0rfan » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:23 pm

Undertanker wrote:+7 stam > 2% block.

Going off what St0rfan is saying, more times than not, what will kill you is a quick set combination of spell damage, and you experiencing some type off CC for a split second or a healer being feared.

Again, assuming you already have 25% block (crush immune). Most people wont reach this before they got styleens. I got Styleens and still dont reach it.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zmandude24 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:15 pm

St0rfan wrote:
Undertanker wrote:+7 stam > 2% block.

Again, assuming you already have 25% block (crush immune). Most people wont reach this before they got styleens. I got Styleens and still dont reach it.

Unless there's a bug on this server that makes it so avoidance doesn't help push off crushing blows, +block chance is completely useless for warriors. Though you are correct in the point of needing to make 100% sure you have enough effective hp to survive the burst damage scenarios as your #1 priority.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by jyton » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:32 pm

How would you rate Force Reactive Disk? It's BoE and on the AH for 300g (PVPA, anyway). Is it worth picking up Engineering for?

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=18168
jyton
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior