[GUIDE] Prot Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants - EDITED

Re: [GUIDE] Prot Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants

by St0rfan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:43 am

Heldunder wrote:
St0rfan wrote:
MrCer wrote:Greetings! Another fun question. I was thinking about building a pre-raid max avoidance set. I read that the green boe shield can Come as str/3% additional block (of the blocking). Is this a viable setup for pure tank and spank fights?also, if I did have that shield, is it better than the ubers tanking shield?

Avoidance is only really useful when fighting bosses that deals ALOT of physical damage. There are no such bosses before Broodlord in BWL. Onyxia and all bosses in MC pretty much hits like kittens. Also, a hit avoided is rage not gained.

EDIT: Block isnt avoidance, it is mitigation.

king gordoc hits almost as hard as brood...

Be that as it may, but it is hardly a good idea to base your choices in gear upon a 5man boss.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by lurtz » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:46 pm

For tanking trinkets, how do the trinkets on the list compare to Mark of Tyranny http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=13966
lurtz
Tester

by St0rfan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:02 am

lurtz wrote:For tanking trinkets, how do the trinkets on the list compare to Mark of Tyranny http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=13966

It is a terrible trinket only suited for beartanks. All the listed ones are better choices. You should get black hands breadth instead for tps or offspec.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Fudwicket » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:15 pm

Yeah, get blackhand's breath for your DPS set. :)
Fudd <Edema Ruh>
Fudwicket
Grunt
Grunt

by lurtz » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:19 pm

St0rfan wrote:
lurtz wrote:For tanking trinkets, how do the trinkets on the list compare to Mark of Tyranny http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=13966

It is a terrible trinket only suited for beartanks. All the listed ones are better choices. You should get black hands breadth instead for tps or offspec.

Any chance you can go into more detail?

I did take Blackhand's Breadth when I finished the quest. But I guess I want to know your thoughts on Mark of the Chosen vs Mark of Tyranny.
lurtz
Tester

by St0rfan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:14 pm

lurtz wrote:
St0rfan wrote:

Any chance you can go into more detail?

I did take Blackhand's Breadth when I finished the quest. But I guess I want to know your thoughts on Mark of the Chosen vs Mark of Tyranny.

Mark of the chosen is basically up all the time when fighting trash atleast making it very powerful for 5man tanking. 25 to all stats.

25 agi = 1.25% dodge / 1.25% crit / tiny bit of armor
25 str = 50ap / (some? blockvalue)
25 sta = 250hp
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zmandude24 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:52 am

Well shit, I'm going to be nerfed from 440 def to 416 def once ZG hits. Thank god there's some good +def gear in there and the enchants.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Amkô » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi, I got a level60 green shield with 11 defense on it.
I don't want to roll on drakkisath shield as DPS warrior while the real tanks need it. And til now everyone needed it.
So is there any shield (Barrier Shield or AV exalted) better than my current green one?
Amkô
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Heldunder » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:42 pm

Amkô wrote:Hi, I got a level60 green shield with 11 defense on it.
I don't want to roll on drakkisath shield as DPS warrior while the real tanks need it. And til now everyone needed it.
So is there any shield (Barrier Shield or AV exalted) better than my current green one?

screw that, if youre tanking in the instance, roll for it.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Amkô » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:01 pm

But im not, im there for DPS gear ☺
So what do you think about that green shield, better than the AV exalted one? Im jost equipping for smooth dungeon runs except UBRS.
Amkô
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior