Re: [GUIDE] Prot Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants

by Heldunder » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:33 pm

av one is better.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:08 am

Because deflector has not been nerfed it is best for raid tanking. AV one is better for 5 man and solo grinding, due to the block value.

Stacking block value can make mobs hit for 0 frequently in these cases, and on weaker melee bosses, you will see full block or, 4 damage - 180 damage, making it LOL.

As for loot, if you tank an instance you are entitled to roll on tanking items. If you are fury, you are entitled to fury gear. So if the group struggled to find a pure tank and decided you could do it, this should not limit your gear potential.

If you are only damage and there are two tanks there, you could then be nice and let them roll it out.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Brion » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:56 pm

I'm not sure if it's an oversight or if I'm missing something, but Nagelring is not listed in the Ring #1 or Ring #2 BIS categories. It is listed in AOE tanking, though. I would imagine that Nagelring is as/more useful than Band of Flesh for standard tanking.
Quyzbuk - Tauren Warrior [PVP]
Linguo - Tauren Druid [PVE]
Brion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:36 pm

Brion wrote:I'm not sure if it's an oversight or if I'm missing something, but Nagelring is not listed in the Ring #1 or Ring #2 BIS categories. It is listed in AOE tanking, though. I would imagine that Nagelring is as/more useful than Band of Flesh for standard tanking.

Naglering does not currently have any defensive stats on it. In a later patch it will have stamina and def added to it. For this reason, it is currently pretty bad for normal tanking.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Brion » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:20 pm

St0rfan wrote:
Brion wrote:I'm not sure if it's an oversight or if I'm missing something, but Nagelring is not listed in the Ring #1 or Ring #2 BIS categories. It is listed in AOE tanking, though. I would imagine that Nagelring is as/more useful than Band of Flesh for standard tanking.

Naglering does not currently have any defensive stats on it. In a later patch it will have stamina and def added to it. For this reason, it is currently pretty bad for normal tanking.

Ah, right, forgot that it was upgraded later in vanilla. I haven't hit 60 yet, so I hadn't seen its current stats.
Brion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DanielGames » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:44 pm

Would the proc from Julie's Dagger interfere with priest renew? Debating on buying it.
Zouleika - Troll Warrior "Requests curse of reck and tanks with a 2hander? I like this guy"
Gerwulf - Horde Paladin "Where the fuck you been?"
DanielGames
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Brion » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:24 pm

DanielGames wrote:Would the proc from Julie's Dagger interfere with priest renew? Debating on buying it.

I have done no testing, but unless it gives a buff named Renew just like the priest's, I highly doubt it would. You can have HoT effects like Renew, Rejuvenation, and Bandage all rolling at the same time.
Brion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DanielGames » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:22 am

Brion wrote:
DanielGames wrote:Would the proc from Julie's Dagger interfere with priest renew? Debating on buying it.

I have done no testing, but unless it gives a buff named Renew just like the priest's, I highly doubt it would. You can have HoT effects like Renew, Rejuvenation, and Bandage all rolling at the same time.

Ah the reason I asked was because it shares the same buff icon. The buff itself is called Julie's Blessing. I bought the dagger for pretty cheap anyways. Tested it myself with a 60 priest so the verdict is they don't overwrite each other. I guess I'm still used to feenix rules hehe.
Zouleika - Troll Warrior "Requests curse of reck and tanks with a 2hander? I like this guy"
Gerwulf - Horde Paladin "Where the fuck you been?"
DanielGames
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Argint » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:23 pm

I currently own the savage gladiator chain and it has the 20 defence rating. Where would you rank it?
Argint
Tester

by Undertanker » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:36 am

I bought this dagger mid 50s, and put crusader on it, amazing healing. The proc effect is up 100% of the time, it is a small heal but for a prot warrior that avoids most damage, it kept me at 100% when farming. And the 1.3 speed was a good starter tps weapon.

However, this was back in April of last year, and it did not stack with renew. Not blizz like. It actually would prevent a priest from being able to renew you, and this buff overwrote renew. So I could only use this in 5 mans with Pally or Druid.

The bug seems similar to priest 8/8 not stacking.

Have not tested this since then.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior