[GUIDE] Fury Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants - EDITED

Re: [GUIDE] Fury Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants

by St0rfan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:59 pm

Amkô wrote:Storfan, can you tell me why Thrash Blade is better than the Flurry Axe for the offhand? Especially as orc?

Similar dps, same proc, Axe is faster, which is better for the offhand. Please let me know.

I am currently lvl 42 orc warrior and plan to go DW-Fury now. Got the "Winter's bite lvl43 rare axe" and the sword of the omen (SM quest for the offhand). Dont want to play Arms and cant see the whirlwind axe anymore XD

It was an oversight by me. As an Orc, flurry axe is the better option. Worth noting though is that a higher speed does not make it a better offhand. Orc racial make it a better offhand. Infact, when it comes to raiding a slow offhand might often be superior due to the nature of flurry.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Amkô » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:29 am

St0rfan wrote:
Omakaroni wrote:
St0rfan wrote:I
Thrashblade: 35.2*1.1=38,72 DPS
Flurry Axe: 35,3*1.1=38,83 DPS

Hi,

why is Frostbite so bad in your list? :)

It hast 42,6 dps and 15str.

Shouldn't it be above the thrashblade? Especially as orc then?

Could use then the Lobotomizer or Thrashblade as offhand? Because obtaining a Flurry Axe is expensive, Felstriker depends on luck you have or not, and so on..

And another question: 2h fury with unstoppable force is not stronger then Frostbite + Lobotomizer DW-Fury, right? :)

Btw, how many +Skill on a weapon is 1% hit?
Amkô
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:33 pm

@Amkô

Another mistake by me. I would like to repeat that the list is an approximation and not set in stone. Also, it is hard to put a definite value on Thrashblade since alot of its value is defived from the extra rage the additional hit-proc provides. I have moved Frostbite up one step though, as it is probably a better MH for an Orc than Thrashblade.

Regarding 2h fury with TuF vs DW with Frostbite+lobo I cannot say, I have not played as 2h fury with TuF and the last time I used Frostbite+Lobo was in retail vanilla in 2006. Lastly, I believe 5 weapon skill equals around 2-2.5% hit, which would make 1% hit equal to about 2-2.5 weapon skill.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Lingon » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:26 am

Defense and Weaponskill are the different sides of the coin aren't they?
So 1 defense is 0,04% increased chance to be missed, thus 1 weapon skill should be 0,04% increased chance to hit. (and dodge, parry, crit modifiers). That it's harder to hit bosses is both because of the 15 defense advantage and the +3 lvls; miss chance = 5% (base) + 3% (lvl difference) + 15*0,04 (weapon skill vs defense difference) = 8,6% miss chance vs bosses.
The big gain from weapon skill is that glancing is reduced, and that it reduces dodge chance as well as gives crit and hit.

This would mean that ~8-13 weapon skill is needed to equalize 1% crit or hit in damage, assuming you can get hit to cap special attacks from other sources. This is only after glancing has been removed, which I think required 10 weapon skill. Until that point, weapon skill is the best.
Lingon
Grunt
Grunt

by Gainastyle » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:37 am

Would the Expert Goldminer's Helmet (http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9375#wh-comments) Which has +7 to axes be any good for an orc wielding a 2h axe or dual wielding axes?

With the edgemasters it would be a 18+ to axes

Also for leveling, would a full SM armor set with 1% hit set bonus, mining helmet and executioners cleaver with 1% hit. Totaling 2% hit and +12 to axes be good for 2h fury and/or arms?

Or would i be better off with the berserkers helm with 13 str and 1% crit?
Gainastyle
Tester

by St0rfan » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:51 am

Gainastyle wrote:Would the Expert Goldminer's Helmet (http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=9375#wh-comments) Which has +7 to axes be any good for an orc wielding a 2h axe or dual wielding axes?

With the edgemasters it would be a 18+ to axes

Also for leveling, would a full SM armor set with 1% hit set bonus, mining helmet and executioners cleaver with 1% hit. Totaling 2% hit and +12 to axes be good for 2h fury and/or arms?

Or would i be better off with the berserkers helm with 13 str and 1% crit?

1. +7 axes only affect 1-handers. The same applies to Edgemasters. For example, this is what it says on Obsidian Edged Blade: "Equip: Increased Two-handed Swords +8."
2. Weapon skill is pretty much useless when lvling. It is only really a good stat against a lvl63 raid boss.
3. Cap is either 310 or 315.

Berserkers helmet is better when lvling. Golderminers cap might actually be a decent choice at lvl60 raiding, but I would still go with Lionheart over it.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Gainastyle » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:30 am

St0rfan wrote:
1. +7 axes only affect 1-handers. The same applies to Edgemasters. For example, this is what it says on Obsidian Edged Blade: "Equip: Increased Two-handed Swords +8."
2. Weapon skill is pretty much useless when lvling. It is only really a good stat against a lvl63 raid boss.
3. Cap is either 310 or 315.

Berserkers helmet is better when lvling. Golderminers cap might actually be a decent choice at lvl60 raiding, but I would still go with Lionheart over it.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Ill save the Mining Helmet for level 60 then and use it untill i get my hands on a lionheart helmet.

Exactly how much would +12 axes give me in terms of hit, crit and all that? Ive read so many different things about +weapon skill.
Gainastyle
Tester

by Moonrider » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:56 pm

Hello im Tauren and i have about +5% hit from my items so far. The weapons i have are MH: Tooth of Eranikus and OH: Thrasing Blade, i also have MH from Blaackhand but i dont use it because i think alone is worse than the +1% hit of tooth. I was wondering which are the beast Pre-Raid weapons i can get for a tauren?

Edit: Is there a way to see how much hit i got?
Moonrider
Grunt
Grunt

by St0rfan » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Moonrider wrote:Hello im Tauren and i have about +5% hit from my items so far. The weapons i have are MH: Tooth of Eranikus and OH: Thrasing Blade, i also have MH from Blaackhand but i dont use it because i think alone is worse than the +1% hit of tooth. I was wondering which are the beast Pre-Raid weapons i can get for a tauren?

Edit: Is there a way to see how much hit i got?

You either do the math yourself and add up the +hit, there is also the addon called "theorycraft" that will list all these things for you. Technically Pre-raid bis (and also BiS) weapon combination for any race is HWL/GM-weapons but if we disregard these you will find that Ironfoe+Felstriker is the most powerful pre-raid setup you can get.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Mcblasty » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:42 am

I have one question regarding the pre-raid BiS chest items; Why isn't the Savage Gladiator Chain there? As I recall, it's quite good for fury warriors :o Though that might come in a later patch.
Mcblasty
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior