2 handed fury warrior

2 handed fury warrior

by Tranzane » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:50 pm

I just got a decent 2-Handed, and was wondering if there Is any way of making a 2-handed fury warrior viable for Pve. I was thinking if you use Slam as a rage dump, flurry or sword spec, [Hand of Justice] and wind-fury could it work? and If so, what talent build should I go and how would it compare to just dual wielding instead?
Tranzane
Private
Private

Re: 2 handed fury warrior

by Kahmos » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:44 am

It will never be as good as fury, but it is viable for a little while.
Your spec will be the same I think, but viability heavily depends on the weapon itself.
Some raids would have you use Nightfall for the debuff on the boss, but for dps you have some options like the Obsidian Edged Blade and the Untamed Blade, both look amazing graphically, and neither are fantastic for pvp compared to other 2 handers.
Kahmos
Grunt
Grunt

by JeeTee » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:09 am

Viable with Bonereaver's Edge or Untamed Blade.

https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/warri ... 0000000000

Some ppl like improved slam, which would be a different build.
JeeTee
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:27 am

Kahmos wrote:It will never be as good as fury, but it is viable for a little while.
Your spec will be the same I think, but viability heavily depends on the weapon itself.
Some raids would have you use Nightfall for the debuff on the boss, but for dps you have some options like the Obsidian Edged Blade and the Untamed Blade, both look amazing graphically, and neither are fantastic for pvp compared to other 2 handers.

2h fury is viable all the way, if done right and with the right weapons. 2h fury with Sulfuras, BRE, UTB och Asscandy should be able to hold even with dual wielders.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vido » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:44 pm

I'm playing 2h fury. It's top dog on fights like lucifron/gehennas/domo/razorgore etc. You can get #1 dps parses easily by abusing BRE procrate. Keep in mind it's only viable horde side and with a Bonereaver's Edge.

I can't determine how good imp slam is, since It's hard to balance using globals for hamstring and timing slam in between swings. You certainly don't want to use a TBC rotation since slam casts too long and the lack of slow 2-handers in vanilla. You treat slam as a rage dump like heroic strike, and you hamstring every free global when BT/WW is on CD.

I think it'll come down to your ping and if you're raiding during offpeak times when the server isn't shit. Theoretically with perfect slam usage you should be able to beat DW warriors single target as well.

The later raid tiers will kill 2h fury eventually due to the lack of viable weapons. Nothing simply comes close to how overpowered Bonereaver's Edge is in the current content.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Tranzane » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:58 pm

vido wrote:I'm playing 2h fury. It's top dog on fights like lucifron/gehennas/domo/razorgore etc. You can get #1 dps parses easily horde side by abusing BRE proc.

Could you post your build and gimme some basic info on how to play it and such?
Tranzane
Private
Private

by vido » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:17 pm

I used imp cleave last raid, didn't want to use imp slam due my current gear/ping situation. You can also opt to go imp intercept instead.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LbhxbIbZE0bVMxoVo

If you feel confident timing slams, you wanna go 4/5 imp slam and 3/5 imp 2h spec. Regarding swing timers, you should look into sp_swingtimer or attackbar. UW is utter shit it's like 0.15 RPS with a BRE so it's better to go imp bshout so you don't have to waste a global refreshing it and on top of that it can possibly fuckup your slam usage. You can also go 5/5 imp demo shout if offtanks don't want to spec into it to reduce boss ap to 0 with CoR up.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LMhxbIbZE00V0voVo
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Tranzane » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:09 pm

vido wrote:I'm playing 2h fury. It's top dog on fights like lucifron/gehennas/domo/razorgore etc. You can get #1 dps parses easily by abusing BRE procrate. Keep in mind it's only viable horde side and with a Bonereaver's Edge.

Does BRE's proc stack with sunder armor though?
Tranzane
Private
Private

by JeeTee » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:21 pm

Tranzane wrote:
vido wrote:I'm playing 2h fury. It's top dog on fights like lucifron/gehennas/domo/razorgore etc. You can get #1 dps parses easily by abusing BRE procrate. Keep in mind it's only viable horde side and with a Bonereaver's Edge.

For all intensive purposes it "stacks" with sunder, making bosses have near 0 armor at 3 stacks. Spamming hamstring helps keep the stacks up and proc windfury as well.

The only weaknesses of the weapon are an occasional glancing blow RNG spree and fights where you can't get good uptime on the proc. IE rag, chrom, ect..
JeeTee
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:04 pm

JeeTee wrote:
Tranzane wrote:

For all intensive purposes it "stacks" with sunder, making bosses have near 0 armor at 3 stacks. Spamming hamstring helps keep the stacks up and proc windfury as well.

The only weaknesses of the weapon are an occasional glancing blow RNG spree and fights where you can't get good uptime on the proc. IE rag, chrom, ect..

Does the proc also affect all the melees damage then? If so, having 1-2 2h fury warriors with BRE would be awesome. Like Nightfall but for melee.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Warrior