What's the best way for a fresh 60 to gear for Fury BiS?

What's the best way for a fresh 60 to gear for Fury BiS?

by Santana » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:45 am

What's the best way for a fresh 60 Warrior to progress to Fury BiS? Tank 5/10 mans and collect tank gear and Fury gear?
Santana
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: What's the best way for a fresh 60 to gear for Fury BiS?

by zmandude24 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:07 am

You honestly only need a minimal amount of tank gear to tank 5 mans and UBRS (exception being DM N where Gordok is overtuned and unless you are a geared tank or got a full raid geared healer, you can't kill him), and as long as you have a good shield, you are good to go. I would pick up some tank gear from 5/10 mans if possible since it will make farming the 5/10 mans smoother, and your guild might be short an OT one day and it will be either you or a pug that may or may not be "special."
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by JeeTee » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:01 am

tank dungeons...
JeeTee
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Santana » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:23 am

zmandude24 wrote:You honestly only need a minimal amount of tank gear to tank 5 mans and UBRS (exception being DM N where Gordok is overtuned and unless you are a geared tank or got a full raid geared healer, you can't kill him), and as long as you have a good shield, you are good to go. I would pick up some tank gear from 5/10 mans if possible since it will make farming the 5/10 mans smoother, and your guild might be short an OT one day and it will be either you or a pug that may or may not be "special."

What about for Strat/Scholo? Will I need a decent tank set to do those? And can I be Arms/Fury to tank them all?
Santana
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Alkor » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:33 am

Scholo is for me a nightmare.It's not a hard dungeon by any means, it's just full of chances for people to fk up crazy hard.
Stratholme is easy for the most part, the only thing you will find really challenging is the Baron fight.

DM:W is your friend.It has a ton of awesome tanking items.Make a few semi-full BRD runs if you can get the trinket and the tank legs from the Tomb, and you will be set to tank 90% of the 5/10 mans.Tanking isn't as much about the tank, as it is about the DPS really.So try to find decent players to go with you x)
Alkor
Private
Private

by Problazer » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:46 pm

I main tanked all instances and rolled on any Fury gear I needed. If the group leader makes it clear that MS>OS then obviously you need to discuss what you want to roll on with everyone before starting the instance. Otherwise roll on what you need and fuck the haters.

If you want to be a nice guy make sure the group knows you will be rolling on the especially sensitive DPS items, IE Baron cape, HOJ, and Truestrike shoulders.
Problazer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Warrior