BIS gear right now?

BIS gear right now?

by dudeimonit » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:04 pm

Which is the best gear you can have in this patch as an Orc fury warrior?
Last edited by dudeimonit on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dudeimonit
Tester

Re: BIS gear right now?

by Skorn » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:11 pm

I made this list with some advise from Storfan and Vido, so I think it's fairly accurate, items are listed in descending order.

Might need a few adjustments but for the most part I think its accurate.
Skorn
Sergeant
Sergeant

by vido » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:11 pm

The spreadsheet doesn't account for HS transferring white MH swings to yellow swings, so edgemaster's are overvalued. When you start stacking world buffs and using HS every swing, edgemaster's are around 55% worse.
For an orc warrior, flameguard will be strictly better (r12 gloves are better in a lot of situations).

Crul/Dooms are the same speed, but it turns out that it doesn't matter so I'd go with a DB mainhand instead in most situations. Without full buffs stacked the execute spam with a fast axe will pull ahead on a longer fight, but you can always swap the mainhand or make use of BT/WW more often during execute phase.

The list looks good, runed bloodstained hauberk deserves a mention though. It should be a hair better than cadaverous if you're not ZG buffed. Berserker bracers, cloak of firemaw, r12 boots, gloves, devilsaur set etc. deserve mentions too since they're very close to BiS.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by PhilipRed » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:36 pm

Thank you very much, this is very helpfull.

I also wanted to ask about Biznicks 247x128 Accurascope. It was supposed to affect melee swings, at least when it came out, but then it got nerfed, so it just affects ranged attacks.

Does it work on melee swings here? has anybody tryed it?
PhilipRed
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:36 pm

PhilipRed wrote:Thank you very much, this is very helpfull.

I also wanted to ask about Biznicks 247x128 Accurascope. It was supposed to affect melee swings, at least when it came out, but then it got nerfed, so it just affects ranged attacks.

Does it work on melee swings here? has anybody tryed it?

It does not. They fixed it pre-emptively. In retail vanilla it was fixed with AQ release, here they fixed it before BWL was released.

look at this report:
https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=2193
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Beef » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:48 pm

Fel striker mention please.
"BIG DADDDDYYYYY BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFF!!!!"

-BDB
Beef
Sergeant
Sergeant

by vido » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:12 pm

I'm wondering how Ironfoe proc works atm. It should be on par with HWL proccing from white attacks alone with a 10% proc rate, if it procced from instants it would be better than a gressil if you have world buffs stacked.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Skorn » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:38 pm

Beef wrote:Fel striker mention please.

I didn't form this list from my own calculations, rather I just compiled it from information I found on these boards. I originally had Felstriker listed but after some discussion and the fact that I don't have one to test, I removed it due to rumors that the proc rate has been nerfed to a rate that makes it a shadow of its former strength.

If you, or anyone else, can prove this rumor incorrect and explain to me where it fits in on this list I'll add it back.

vido wrote:I'm wondering how Ironfoe proc works atm. It should be on par with HWL proccing from white attacks alone with a 10% proc rate, if it procced from instants it would be better than a gressil if you have world buffs stacked.

So from what I've been told, the proc is bugged in that it procs off some abilities and consumes the rage cost of that ability for each proc. Like Felstriker, i dont have 1 so I can't confirm.

Everything else you guys suggest I'll add this weekend when im not busy.
Skorn
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Undertanker » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:15 pm

You could add leather boots from zq with hit to the list as a good place holser to chromatic boots.

Currious as to why band of accuria is not on the list.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by dudeimonit » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:04 am

It feels like Ironfoe should be a good weapon throughout the whole game, or am i wrong?
dudeimonit
Tester

Next

Return to Warrior