Tank Weapon

Tank Weapon

by packersville » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:56 am

Leveling up tanking in dungeons a lot. What is the ideal tank weapon? between 1.6 and 1.9 speed? Or maybe even faster?

I keep running into issues right now where I am rage starved. Currently using a 1.9 speed axe.
packersville
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Tank Weapon

by Plask » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:39 am

packersville wrote:Leveling up tanking in dungeons a lot. What is the ideal tank weapon? between 1.6 and 1.9 speed? Or maybe even faster?

I keep running into issues right now where I am rage starved. Currently using a 1.9 speed axe.

Speed wont matter as you rarely dump rage in lvling dungeons. Go for stats/dps.
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by St0rfan » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:58 am

packersville wrote:Leveling up tanking in dungeons a lot. What is the ideal tank weapon? between 1.6 and 1.9 speed? Or maybe even faster?

Plask is right. Speed doesnt matter in 5man dungeons when lvling up. Go for highest dps/stats. When it comes to raiding you will want to get very fast dagger though.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Heldunder » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:07 pm

St0rfan wrote:

Plask is right. Speed doesnt matter in 5man dungeons when lvling up. Go for highest dps/stats. When it comes to raiding you will want to get very fast dagger though.

and even the "very fast dagger" is overrated until youre DPSers are fully geared/minmaxing and pulling crazy numbers. i EASLY hold threat with my spineshatter even with its slow speed. and i currently dont even have defiance.

faster speed = more smaller amounts of rage/threat, slower weapon means less hits for larger amounts of rage/threat.

realistically dps/stats matter more pre 60, as stated above.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by St0rfan » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:51 pm

Heldunder wrote:
St0rfan wrote:

and even the "very fast dagger" is overrated until youre DPSers are fully geared/minmaxing and pulling crazy numbers. i EASLY hold threat with my spineshatter even with its slow speed. and i currently dont even have defiance.

faster speed = more smaller amounts of rage/threat, slower weapon means less hits for larger amounts of rage/threat.

Or perhaps your DPS:ers are holding back because of it:)
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Heldunder » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:27 pm

doubt it. ;)
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Monga » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:05 pm

Heldunder wrote:
St0rfan wrote:

Sounds like your dps are a bunch of god awful dumpsters ^^
Monga
Grunt
Grunt

by Heldunder » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:19 pm

or i just know how to tank. ;)
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:37 pm

I would still use a 1.7 to 1.9 when doing lower instances. You are rage starved and can miss. So if u have a 2.7+ speed, miss first swong, have no rage, over 5 to 5.5 seconds goes by for another attempt.

Lets say it lands, in a 4 second window to get innital threat, you only get 1 auto from a slow weapon, but 2 from a faster one. This allows for faster initial threat generation as you will be very much rage starved.

So I would go under 2 sec, faster than 1.5 and you do too little damage to jump into the next bracket of rage per damage, causing rage starvation as well.

So get that magic sweetspot with speed then stm / agil / str.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Amkô » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:01 am

Your first attempt doesn't take 2.7 sec if the weapon is 2.7?
It hits instantly and after that you are waiting 2.7 for the next swing.

So if you got enough +hit it doesn't matter.

And we are talking about 5 men dungeons..i hit lvl60 as Arms and started tanking DM:W and we completed it, even the healer was not well geared. So nothing to care about imo. Stack a lil hit gear and that's it :>

In this very first run I also got the Timeworn Mace with 2.2 and I am tanking with this one (previously Flurry Axe).

No problems til now :)
Amkô
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Warrior