AQ Viscidus

Re: AQ Viscidus

by milliondollar » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:07 pm

Farmed Iceblade and tested it, it shows as physical dmg as stated above so I think it don't count as a frost dmg to Viscidus either. Best options are the Weapons that proc's frost dog the most enchanted with icy chill + frost oil in the weapon. Anyone has any data on Proc-Watch about Darrowspike, Coldrage or Silverblade?
milliondollar
Grunt
Grunt

by smilkovpetko » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:04 pm

Undertanker wrote:I have a question on this boss:

As MT, I know you don't need NR for Huhuran, as 15 soakers can stand closer than you, however what meaning full NR (High stam and or def) should I be reaching for on Viscidus, if any.

Followup which bosses would I want NR gear for MTing, specify which and how much such as a few pieces, a lot, or full. :) I'm specific on my units of measure :)

Go get 315 NR for Viscudus and will scratch you like little cat (almost 100 dmg max) .
Ench full estamina NR gear and enjoy
(flask of titans will do the job) Ench weap with icy and use frost oil gg

for Huhuran i still recommend Def cap + 50 NR (from gear) and Hunter aura .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Undertanker » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:56 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:
Undertanker wrote:I have a question on this boss:

As MT, I know you don't need NR for Huhuran, as 15 soakers can stand closer than you, however what meaning full NR (High stam and or def) should I be reaching for on Viscidus, if any.

Followup which bosses would I want NR gear for MTing, specify which and how much such as a few pieces, a lot, or full. :) I'm specific on my units of measure :)

Go get 315 NR for Viscudus and will scratch you like little cat (almost 100 dmg max) .
Ench full estamina NR gear and enjoy
(flask of titans will do the job) Ench weap with icy and use frost oil gg

for Huhuran i still recommend Def cap + 50 NR (from gear) and Hunter aura .

Thanks for confirming. Yeah I'll be using for NR the Signet from the Nightmare dragons 20NR, Mara bracer/mail crafted NR bracer (better imo), scepter turn-in ring and my class passive for +58. This will allow me to stay DEF capped.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Iskatu » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:08 pm

smilkovpetko wrote: Ench weap with icy and use frost oil gg

Implying Icy Chill's slowing effect has any effect on Viscidus - do you happen to have any proof / source on that by any chance?
Iskato - Dreamstate
Iskatu
Private
Private

by smilkovpetko » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:18 pm

Iskatu wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote: Ench weap with icy and use frost oil gg

Implying Icy Chill's slowing effect has any effect on Viscidus - do you happen to have any proof / source on that by any chance?

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Viscidus

Viscidus must be slowed by Frost attacks in order to defeat him. Frostbolt, Frost Shock, and Icy Touch count toward this objective. The strength of the Frost attack doesn't matter, only the number of hits, so use the fastest Frost abilities possible.

anything that is "Frost" or whatever connected to "frost" counts as "frost" .

Viscidus is vulnerable to Frost (spells/abilities and Frost damage),
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by DanielGames » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:13 pm

Plask wrote:
St0rfan wrote:
milliondollar wrote:Hello, i have question for fellow warriors about AQ and viscidus.

There is really 3 possible options for weapons and i would like to ask if someone have run the procs so i could know which one is the best choice for Viscidus fight:

Sliverblade http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=5756
Coldrage Dagger http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=10761
Iceblade Hacker http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=13952

Assuming Iceblade Hacker works as intended, it should be the best since the Ice damage it does isnt a proc but a guaranteed on-hit effect.

Just like on Thunderfury, elemental damage doesn't work on this server. It's counted as normal physical damage.

Has this been tested with a bop'd target? If memory serves me right, the elemental damage from weapon swings should still hurt the target through the physical invulnerability.
Zouleika - Troll Warrior "Requests curse of reck and tanks with a 2hander? I like this guy"
Gerwulf - Horde Paladin "Where the fuck you been?"
DanielGames
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Plask » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:32 am

DanielGames wrote:
Has this been tested with a bop'd target? If memory serves me right, the elemental damage from weapon swings should still hurt the target through the physical invulnerability.
Problem is the damage isn't elemental, so it's just normal physical damage that won't go through bop. Yeah there's reports on it, a bug since launch.
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Warrior