Axe/Sword/Mace

Axe/Sword/Mace

by Hevans » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:18 pm

I put in some reasonable time last night trying to find out more about what speccs arms warriors were going as I am nearing the time to choose. This is solely for pvp, in a perfect world I believe mace specc is the way to go, however I have heard whispered rumors that it is currently bugged/not working as it should. Can anyone confirm this? If so the choice falls to axes/swords. Is the sword procc working as it should, and what are peoples opinions?
Hevans
Tester

Re: Axe/Sword/Mace

by itwasfree » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:57 am

I've heard Mace spec is working but I have no experience.

As for what weapon to use: the best one you have available.
itwasfree
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vido » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:09 am

Sword>Axe>Mace
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by SuperDuck » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:42 am

Since I mostly pvp I'm quite interested in whether mace spec works or not, since I'm planning on getting The Unstoppable Force, which seems like the choice for the non-raider. But if mace spec works, it might not be ideal.

Anyone know if mace spec works as intended now and is worth picking?
SuperDuck
Grunt
Grunt

by Undertanker » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:48 am

SuperDuck wrote:But if mace spec works, it might not be ideal.

Anyone know if mace spec works as intended now and is worth picking?

Why wouldn't it be? More stun chances. You aren't gonna get double procs most likely so forget about D-returns on the stun.

Like you said, for a non raider. Do you really wanna have to run Arcanite Reaper?

Heldunder stated they fixed it, and may have. They've fixed a good bit of things in the past 2 months that you will see in older post as "broken, don't get".
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by SuperDuck » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:32 am

Just wanted clearing up on whether it worked or should be skipped. Id probably get TUF either way and just get some other talents. Anyway should be easy to test with two fast 1h maces.
SuperDuck
Grunt
Grunt

by Heldunder » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:27 pm

SuperDuck wrote:Just wanted clearing up on whether it worked or should be skipped. Id probably get TUF either way and just get some other talents. Anyway should be easy to test with two fast 1h maces.

it works. but its only meh. sword spec is where its at. with my askandi i literally one shot clothies all the time. ms crit ~1500 white crit~1300 (sword proc) white crit~1300
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by JeeTee » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:37 am

Use the spec of your highest top end damage weapon. That being said hakkars sword is good as fuck for how easy it is to farm.
JeeTee
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by SuperDuck » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:59 am

Heldunder wrote:it works. but its only meh. sword spec is where its at. with my askandi i literally one shot clothies all the time. ms crit ~1500 white crit~1300 (sword proc) white crit~1300

I know, mace spec in vanilla was never all that. In early tbc with lolherald though, that's another story.

But i don't raid atm, so I'm gonna go with mace spec since TUF seems like the best easily attainable weapon for a pvp'er.
SuperDuck
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Warrior