Ironfoe

Re: Ironfoe

by vido » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:48 am

HWL axe is a better offhand than edge, it's hardly worse than a crul. Double HWL axes or HWL MH/Crul OH would be BiS with edgemaster's. I wouldn't bother with Ironfoe tbh unless you're a masochist. You would need all world buffs buffs including heart for it scale well enough, maybe when rend/UBRS buff is added farming Ironfoe would make sense for a HWL such as yourself. It also becomes a better option if you're a human or non-orc when AQ40 is released ( c'thun gauntlets + mace skill offhand)
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Maskïn » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:43 pm

So im back. and now i have Ironfoe lol ^^ 14 runs did it take. so now ill try it out and see. but as you are saying i to highly doubt that it will be better then 2axe and edge. ill try Ironfoe/felstriker, hwl/felstriker, if its nothing to go on ill just keep my axes in place ^^
Maskïn
Tester

by vido » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:00 am

HWL with Ironfoe and felstriker combo lol. It'll be interesting to see how they compare.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Maskïn » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:22 am

hehe yea :P , word man, ill come back here when its all done and done!
Maskïn
Tester

by Ivory » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:29 am

Hello,

i'm a Human, actually farming Ironfoe, but i am a bit lost with weapon statistic and how to know which is the best.

I am 13%hit/11%crit
I actually have Claw of the Black dragon, Crul, Deathbringer, ZG offhand.
I was using Claw + crul at the beginning, but people told me it's better to use ZG offhand than crul'.
And then said i should also go for Foe + Zg offhand. Since a fast oh gonna proc more flurry, and then more Foe proc. So better than a Crul offhand as exemple.

Do you have any advice on what should i do, and how to know by myself?
I basicly only know that i need Slow MH, and a stats OH,(but a lot told me also a fast one) i'm right?

Thanks.
Ivory
Private
Private

by St0rfan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:21 pm

Ivory wrote:Hello,

i'm a Human, actually farming Ironfoe, but i am a bit lost with weapon statistic and how to know which is the best.

I am 13%hit/11%crit
I actually have Claw of the Black dragon, Crul, Deathbringer, ZG offhand.
I was using Claw + crul at the beginning, but people told me it's better to use ZG offhand than crul'.
And then said i should also go for Foe + Zg offhand. Since a fast oh gonna proc more flurry, and then more Foe proc. So better than a Crul offhand as exemple.

Do you have any advice on what should i do, and how to know by myself?
I basicly only know that i need Slow MH, and a stats OH,(but a lot told me also a fast one) i'm right?

Thanks.

The 40AP on the ZG offhand equals 2,85 DPS. Add this to the 47,9 DPS of the weapon and you get 50,75 DPS.

Crul and DB are both superior choices for OH. The idea that a fast OH will proc more flurry is a false one and actually completely the opposite. A fast OH will consume more flurry charges. Most flurry procs are made by your MH.

Regarding DB, the proc is a very weak one, that can be resisted and it has a low procrate (I have been told). Your best bet is probably to use Claw in MH and Crul on OH. Alternatively you go DB MH and Crul in OH.

Ironfoe is (roughly) equal to BWL-weapons so its probably not worth farming in your case. It is a fun weapon though due to the massive amount of extra rage you get from the Proc.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ivory » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:58 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your fast answer,
Since Claw is a Fist so only 300/300, i would like to change it, and Ironfoe was a good way to got a good MH and as you said it looks very fun to use. Furthermore, i think i won't get CTS first in my guild, maybe Maladath or Vis'kag (are they better than a Crul OH ?).

My objective was to get Foe and when AQ comes to have the Trash mace +4, good choice no?

I understand what you said about the slow OH, but i also heard that with Foe i will have a lot of Flurry so it's still Worth it to have a fast one no? And more Flurry and more dodge no?

About the MH, i'm right that the best is a slow one and you have only to look the damage it does? Is a proc better than stats on the MH?

Well hope you can answer all that, sorry for all this questionning but the weapon part is so complex!
Ivory
Private
Private

by St0rfan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:16 pm

Ivory wrote:Hello,

Thanks for your fast answer,
Since Claw is a Fist so only 300/300, i would like to change it, and Ironfoe was a good way to got a good MH and as you said it looks very fun to use. Furthermore, i think i won't get CTS first in my guild, maybe Maladath or Vis'kag (are they better than a Crul OH ?).

My objective was to get Foe and when AQ comes to have the Trash mace +4, good choice no?

I understand what you said about the slow OH, but i also heard that with Foe i will have a lot of Flurry so it's still Worth it to have a fast one no? And more Flurry and more dodge no?

About the MH, i'm right that the best is a slow one and you have only to look the damage it does? Is a proc better than stats on the MH?

Well hope you can answer all that, sorry for all this questionning but the weapon part is so complex!

Ironfoe+Anubisath may indeed be an incredibly powerful combo, especially as a human. Viskag+CTS or Viskag+Maldath, CTS+Maladath etc are also all viable combos. The main point here is to not put a proc-weapon in your OH since they will proc ALOT less in your OH.

EDIT: Generally, I wouldnt recommend a fury warrior to use out-of-racial weapons unless they have edgemasters or Maladath.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by JeeTee » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:48 am

You want to buff your main hand dmg as much as possible to make the most out of those procs. ( the whole reason to use ironfoe) Deathbringer or viskag are awful offhands because they have no stats.
JeeTee
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ivory » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:54 am

So what's a good OH to combine with that ironfoe, since i'm human a sword or a mace can be gud, maladath?
Ivory
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior