Ironfoe

Re: Ironfoe

by Rod3n » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:43 pm

Hey! So 2 questions;
1) Does any1 have a macro that removes the dwarvish-gibberish buff from you?

2) I've been tanking for some time with it and now i have at my disposal:
Ironfoe (crusader)
Bloodlord's defender (+15agi)
Finkles skinner (lifesteal)

What weap would you use? btw i'm human
I still use Ironfoe for 5mans..
- Roden
Rod3n
Private
Private

by St0rfan » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Rod3n wrote:Hey! So 2 questions;

Ironfoe (crusader)

1. If you have the addon called supermacro you can probably use:
/unbuff fury of forgewright

However, I am not sure how and if this will affect the weapon proc itself.

2. Ironfoe for 5mans, AoE/cleave-tanking and Maintanking Onyxia (its a great weapon when rage-starved). Finkles skinner if you are rage-capped and TPS is important. Broodlords defender if survival is most important and TPS isnt.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Heldunder » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:07 pm

St0rfan wrote:
Rod3n wrote:Hey! So 2 questions;

Ironfoe (crusader)

1. If you have the addon called supermacro you can probably use:
/unbuff fury of forgewright

However, I am not sure how and if this will affect the weapon proc itself.

2. Ironfoe for 5mans, AoE/cleave-tanking and Maintanking Onyxia (its a great weapon when rage-starved). Finkles skinner if you are rage-capped and TPS is important. Broodlords defender if survival is most important and TPS isnt.

and on most fights that i know ill be rage capped, ill normally START with ironfoe on, and switch to my faster weapon for tps.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by MrCer » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:11 pm

St0rfan wrote:
Ivory wrote:Ok thanks for your answer vido, so as i can see, ZG oh is better than crul', can you explain me why ? Because sword (305) ?

Another question, will it be worth it to have edgemaster only for my OH ? (since Ironfoe is a mace main hand)

No, it is not worth using Edgemasters if you use Ironfoe.

Few questions, if weapon accessibility is not an issue....(minus hwl gear)

Is ironfoe > edgemasters? If so, til when?
Is ironfoe best mh when AV Patch is released? If not, what is?
What offhand would you use with ironfoe?

Keep in mind this is assuming I'm fully raid geared with proper raid buffs/consumables. And non-orc/human
MrCer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vido » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:39 pm

Crul>CTS>CHT>Brutality Blade>Hakkar for an OH with Ironfoe without racial weapons specs. The lack of edgemaster's shouldn't be too big of a deal, r12 2pc is BiS in this case, devilsaur set comes second.

Bear in mind I'm not sure if extra swing procs are working as intended on the pve server, they weren't proccing on the pvp from instants or HS/Cleave for over half a year (sword spec, WF totem, ironfoe, thrash blade, everything basically).
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by MrCer » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:51 pm

vido wrote:Crul>CTS>CHT>Brutality Blade>Hakkar for an OH with Ironfoe without racial weapons specs. The lack of edgemaster's shouldn't be too big of a deal, r12 2pc is BiS in this case, devilsaur set comes second.

Bear in mind I'm not sure if extra swing procs are working as intended on the pve server, they weren't proccing on the pvp from instants or HS/Cleave for over half a year (sword spec, WF totem, ironfoe, thrash blade, everything basically).

Thanks for the quick reply. Now I do have edgemasters, but assuming ironfoe is working properly; which is better?

Also why is CHT>brutality blade if you're crit capped?

Also, is ironfoe really the best mh? And for how long until I should replace it?
MrCer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Phnom » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:30 am

My 2 cents about the hyped Ironfoe:

It will surpass other weapons once fully world buffed, and pretty much ONLY then. And along with you being world buffed, most of the raid should also be. I find it very very unlikely that one person out of 40 is the only one buffed to maximum, and if so, this person will probably pull aggro sooner or later and wipe. And if you indeed are fully world buffed, other weapon combos(along with Edgemaster) could/should be better.

Here is why:

Firsly, Ironfoe proc gives extra rage as well as extra DPS. This sounds perfect, but fact is that the extra rage wont help if you run world buffed, since you already are capable of doing the exact same rotation with heroic strike on every hit, and BT/WW on cd anyway. That extra rage wont really help, but on the execute phase where you have to be "lucky" to get a proc, and even more so if the fight is short. Inbetween popping a Might rage and the tons of rage generated because of DW/reck/trinket/boner/whatever, it might just not be such a difference after all due to the, probably short, execute phase. (Assuming everyone and their moms are world buffed along with you)

Secondly, on these fights where you are optimally buffed, where the Ironfoe should shine, it might just not proc enough to actually be benefical. This is due the fact that this fight will be shorter with everyone doing more damage and thus making the fight much shorter. The shorter the fight, the better (or worse) it could be, due to the procs. It is only the actual damage that will be benefical, not the extra rage. You will still be generating tons of rage with another weapon combo, and execute on every CD.

Imo, and Im a random guy who is not to be trusted, Ironfoe is not better than a suitable weapon combination combined with Edgemasters.
Phnom
Private
Private

by vido » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:10 am

Those are very good points and the dps you can get out of an ironfoe hinges upon managing your rage well moreso than any other weapon. Also on any short fight with stacked CDs and especially on fights like shazzrah/vael (obviously)/firemaw, it's not going to shine as well since a lot of the rage you get from procs will go to waste. You brought up TPS which is something I haven't actually considered, but it's true that you'll have to spam HS more often which would give you a lower dps ceiling.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Warrior