Is the Overlord Ring Set Underrated?

Is the Overlord Ring Set Underrated?

by BnanaBoat » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:49 am

Considering fights were you don't lose control of your character (ie Shield Block is being spammed), and HP isn't a huge concern (farmed content), could this set be considered BiS?

With Archimtiros' Ring of Reckoning + Dark Iron Ring you end up with 270 more HP, but 1.94% less avoidance. With the exception of fights like Nef and Broodlord, the ring set seems superior as the 1.94% avoidance would be hard to pass up, in my opinion.
BnanaBoat
Private
Private

Re: Is the Overlord Ring Set Underrated?

by St0rfan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:55 am

BnanaBoat wrote:Considering fights were you don't lose control of your character (ie Shield Block is being spammed), and HP isn't a huge concern (farmed content), could this set be considered BiS?

With Archimtiros' Ring of Reckoning + Dark Iron Ring you end up with 270 more HP, but 1.94% less avoidance. With the exception of fights like Nef and Broodlord, the ring set seems superior as the 1.94% avoidance would be hard to pass up, in my opinion.

The problem with avoidance is that it equals rage not gained, while mitigated damage is rage gained. Generally though, the rings are pretty great.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Thebrother » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:06 pm

Bis for 5 mans would be overlord(defense one)+band of accuria, this might hold for raids up through zg and possibly mc. Bwl I would say overlord(defense) + heavy dark iron. I don't see a situation where overlord set would top either of those. Alot of tanks of course where archimitros, but imo it's wrong. I often wonder how many of these vanilla experts actually played vanilla...
Thebrother
Grunt
Grunt

by Problazer » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:33 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ykTa_OWeWsB3L3dJHxMaiC3p4IMSr0W0UMl3woQaSqI/edit#gid=0

Archimtiros' is BIS in a mitigation set assuming you are def cap while wearing it.
Problazer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:26 pm

Thebrother wrote:Bis for 5 mans would be overlord(defense one)+band of accuria, this might hold for raids up through zg and possibly mc. Bwl I would say overlord(defense) + heavy dark iron. I don't see a situation where overlord set would top either of those. Alot of tanks of course where archimitros, but imo it's wrong. I often wonder how many of these vanilla experts actually played vanilla...

Defcap isnt required for BWL aside for Broodlord and Nef really. I would rather have a large HP pool for the other fights. I even use Lifegiving gem most of the time.

EDIT: Assuming ofcourse you're using proper consumables, tribute buffs and perhaps flask of titans.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Undertanker » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:49 am

Thebrother wrote:Bis for 5 mans would be overlord(defense one)+band of accuria, this might hold for raids up through zg and possibly mc. Bwl I would say overlord(defense) + heavy dark iron. I don't see a situation where overlord set would top either of those. Alot of tanks of course where archimitros, but imo it's wrong. I often wonder how many of these vanilla experts actually played vanilla...

AV ring + Accuria.

@OP

The main tank of a boss in BWL when not being def capped has to wear hit as well once your guilds dps reaches a point where your threat moves can't keep up and they have to hold back.

Off tanks on fights like the drakes fight the boss for a very limited time and when they have to taunt, they don't have 10+ healers already precasting on them like the MT has. So an OT will want to pool as much stam as possible to give more reaction time for the healers for the few seconds they got the boss.

Also most things that kill you in tank situations are breaths, magic damage or being completely CCed like the Wyromkins can tornado you. You can't dodge these situations and a bigger health pool will save your ass.

When I'm main tanking I use heavy dark iron ring and AV ring until Accuria finally drops only 2 since April of last year. But I will not be taking off AV ring, I'll be taking off heavy dark iron ring. I lose 5 def, but will be putting 3 def on boots and chest to equalize it (already have on gloves). This will give me 6 hit% with 6/8 T2, T1 gloves and Truflight bracers, stayr bow (until aq 20 x-bow).

When I'm off tanking, 8/8 T2, 2 hit, and heavy ring. Nef you need heavy ring and zg 7 def ring.

The set is really good for an up and coming warrior whos guild roster may be a bit smaller and lives in zg and is unlucky in their MC runs.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Warrior