Lifestealing vs 5 damage. TPS on PVE server

Lifestealing vs 5 damage. TPS on PVE server

by Ragewar » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:37 pm

On the PVE sever (DM patch), what chant on a 1.3 speed dagger gives the most TPS? I have heard some say that Lifestealing now has a lower proc-chance and that makes the 5 damage chant do more TPS. Has any 1 compared the 2 chants for this patch and dose the result change at different patches?
Ragewar
Tester

Re: Lifestealing vs 5 damage. TPS on PVE server

by Undertanker » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:57 pm

You'll have to find the proc rate first. But remember revenge procs LS, doesn't affect +5 damage. You are looking at a 3.7 TPS increase with +5, lifestealing is 45 threat per proc.

Just some math off the top of my head here, but you would need to have no probs in 9 seconds to make +5 even.

Approx 14.25% proc rate or > for lifestealing would make lifestealing best for threat.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vido » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:02 pm

Undertanker wrote:You'll have to find the proc rate first. But remember revenge procs LS, doesn't affect +5 damage. You are looking at a 3.7 TPS increase with +5, lifestealing is 45 threat per proc.

Just some math off the top of my head here, but you would need to have no probs in 9 seconds to make +5 even.

Approx 14.25% proc rate or > for lifestealing would make lifestealing best for threat.

3.7/45*1.3 gives a 10.7% proc rate.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:30 pm

You also have factor in for a raid buffed 16-22 % crit rate of HS/White hit * 20 if implale spec. And lifesyealing can be fully/partally resisted.

So it is closer to 14 than 10 to break even.

Once 15 agil becomes available get that on 1.3 speed, and get a Vis'kag with LS for rage starvation threat/solo/5 man whirlwind cleave tanking.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Warrior