Warrior is useless

Warrior is useless

by abbath » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:26 am

Warrior on this server could not generate rage and aggro at all. So they're useless.

Rend is bugged - it places me behind the mob so I should make few steps behind and loose time and rage.
The most qty of rage which I have - 15-20 (!) and it is with the best conditions. Usually it around 10.
2 mobs wich have 2-3 levels below than mine will kill me with 100% guarantee. Thats rediculous.

Will developers to fix it? And when?
abbath
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Warrior is useless

by Aten » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:12 am

Warrior is fine, you just suck at this game.
Aten
Grunt
Grunt

by Origin » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:20 am

Aten wrote:Warrior is fine, you just suck at this game.

No. You've probably never played warrior so you're content with what you have. Warrior is the most broken class on Nost. It's completely gimped.
Origin is Amazing
<Offense> Detheroc [US]
Origin
Private
Private

by Battletits » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:58 am

Seconded. Aside from a couple rage bugs I've had no trouble taking on multiple mobs my level

Are you new to vanilla?
AKA Lolerqui/Liloqui of <Dara Mactire> - - I hit things with my Axe for <GSG>
Battletits
Tester

by Misa » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:31 am

My warrior is closing up to 60 (57 atm) and here's my thoughts.

Warrior is probably the most gear dependant leveler in Vanilla. Nostalrius is obviously no different.
Rage generation is a bit too low. But not by big amounts. Vanilla rage generation was just retarded, and so is it here.

There is a couple of bugs that makes Warrior's life harder on this server though, and it's really not our bugged Charge or Rage gain. It's the monsters we fight.

Monsters on Nostalrius:
- Spam their abilities like no other. Including: Disarm, Stuns and Debuffs. Disarms will be chained with not much more than 2 second intervals. Nearly impossible to fight at this stage. Stuns are usually of shorter duration, so they're not as bad. But still not easy. Murlocs in Swamp of Sorrows come up instantly when I think of debuffs. 50% chance to miss, without interval. They spam this 15s duration shit without remorse. Unkillable.
- Parry and block. No exceptions. Every monster parries, every monster blocks here and there. This is the absolute 2h/dual wield killer for Warriors. I switched to 1h+shield when my Whirlwind weapon was no longer any good, any other option is suicide on this server.
- Run away without reduced movement speed. Not even Hamstring works.
- Most monsters just do too much damage, especially ones that cast spells. Yesterday I to fight the spooky ghosts in Winterspring and they cast Curse of Agony that ticks for up to 200 damage per 3 sec. while also auto attacking for 50-100. I would either end up dead or with around 5% health left, and my gear is far from bad.

It's not hard for Warriors to get gimped more than they already are, and it is proven on Nostalrius.
You need to have a real goddamn good reason to level a Warrior here, or else you are going to be severely depressed on your way to 60, even with Whirlwind weapon at level 30. It's kind of ridiculous right now, but I guess I'm used to it by now.
Misa
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Nerfme » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:46 pm

Warrior here is in the same state my warrior on vanilla was....so no warriors arent bugged we are just really really gear dependent ( our rage generation improves with better gear is just one of the things that makes us gear dependent to the max ).

You guys clearly never played vanilla or did your research before claiming stuff that isnt really true.
Nerfme < Molten Core Swimteam >
Nerfme
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lirumlarum » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:51 pm

I also played a warrior in retail and have the rage generation slightly better in mind, appart from that and a few minor bugs I have no complaints. As someone said before warrior is the most dependable gear class but also the class that scales best with it so endure the pain and and have lots ofo fun later on!
Lirumlarum
Grunt
Grunt

by konked » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:45 pm

Origin wrote:

No. You've probably never played warrior so you're content with what you have. Warrior is the most broken class on Nost. It's completely gimped.

Im playing a warrior right now, its not that bad but some things do need to be fixed. Ex: Having heroic strike qued up, then you use battleshout making you not have enough rage for HS it should just give you a white swing instead but completely ignores that swing all together.
konked
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Milton » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:25 pm

Misa wrote:My warrior is closing up to 60 (57 atm) and here's my thoughts.

Warrior is probably the most gear dependant leveler in Vanilla. Nostalrius is obviously no different.
Rage generation is a bit too low. But not by big amounts. Vanilla rage generation was just retarded, and so is it here.

There is a couple of bugs that makes Warrior's life harder on this server though, and it's really not our bugged Charge or Rage gain. It's the monsters we fight.

Monsters on Nostalrius:
- Spam their abilities like no other. Including: Disarm, Stuns and Debuffs. Disarms will be chained with not much more than 2 second intervals. Nearly impossible to fight at this stage. Stuns are usually of shorter duration, so they're not as bad. But still not easy. Murlocs in Swamp of Sorrows come up instantly when I think of debuffs. 50% chance to miss, without interval. They spam this 15s duration shit without remorse. Unkillable.
- Parry and block. No exceptions. Every monster parries, every monster blocks here and there. This is the absolute 2h/dual wield killer for Warriors. I switched to 1h+shield when my Whirlwind weapon was no longer any good, any other option is suicide on this server.
- Run away without reduced movement speed. Not even Hamstring works.
- Most monsters just do too much damage, especially ones that cast spells. Yesterday I to fight the spooky ghosts in Winterspring and they cast Curse of Agony that ticks for up to 200 damage per 3 sec. while also auto attacking for 50-100. I would either end up dead or with around 5% health left, and my gear is far from bad.

It's not hard for Warriors to get gimped more than they already are, and it is proven on Nostalrius.
You need to have a real goddamn good reason to level a Warrior here, or else you are going to be severely depressed on your way to 60, even with Whirlwind weapon at level 30. It's kind of ridiculous right now, but I guess I'm used to it by now.

No mention of the fact that we lose 100% of spent rage on block/dodge/parry, when we shouldn't lose any?

This is absolutely crippling
Milton
Tester

by Aten » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:39 pm

Origin wrote:

Nope, I had a warrior alt in vanilla.

As prot spec it took me ~3 weeks to level 1-60. Granted I was a no responsibility 16 year old then.

Every class is easy to level in Vanilla, in fact every class is easy to level in WoW, period. If you disagree with this, it's because you've never played an MMO that came out before WoW.

I mean, complaining about charge putting you on top of a mob, its annoying yes, but if it really makes a huge difference for you... yeah learn to play. Also, I am fairly sure on a block/dodge/parry you SHOULD lose rage. I mean, you still used the ability it just was countered. It'd be like a spell resist not costing any mana.
Aten
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Warrior