Flurry Axe vs Glacial Blade offhand

Flurry Axe vs Glacial Blade offhand

by Dersock » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:02 pm

I'm not sure which one would be the best offhand. I play Orc warrior and my Flurry Axe is crusader enchanted, but Glacial blade has a lot better dps and .5% crit is always nice.
Dersock
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Flurry Axe vs Glacial Blade offhand

by Heldunder » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:19 pm

whats your mh?
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vido » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:11 pm

Flurry axe can proc MH swings. I'm not sure of the proc rate, but it's no doubt better than a glacial blade for an orc. However the proc is pretty bad if you're using a fast mainhand, though it does scale well with world buffs.

I'd reckon that it's pre-bis for Orcs with edgemaster's (otherwise x2 Zulian Hacker), while Bonescraper/Mirah's song/Zulian Hacker is pre bis for other races.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:00 am

vido wrote:Flurry axe can proc MH swings. I'm not sure of the proc rate, but it's no doubt better than a glacial blade for an orc. However the proc is pretty bad if you're using a fast mainhand, though it does scale well with world buffs.

I'd reckon that it's pre-bis for Orcs with edgemaster's (otherwise x2 Zulian Hacker), while Bonescraper/Mirah's song/Zulian Hacker is pre bis for other races.

Backing off this, while you don't get the 0.5% extra crit, the extra swing can also crit increasing or equalizing the "crits per minute" if that makes any sense. Also with the world buffs, you become crit capped, but you can never become "extra swing" capped. Those extra swings will also give you more rage, increasing your resources to do abilities.

If you are using an axe in MH, Deathbringer would be a good choice as the slow speed will give you a good proc rate on the offhand, and the extra swings means more chances as deathbringer procs until you get Crom' ofc.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dersock » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:02 pm

Mainhand is Frostbite
Dersock
Grunt
Grunt

by vido » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:11 pm

Dersock wrote:Mainhand is Frostbite

Frostbite + Flurry Axe would be undeniably pre BiS for orcs pre 1.7, but it's not so clear cut anymore. With Zulian Hackers as another option (of the Tiger would be best itemised), Flurry Axe only makes sense if you decide to use Edgemaster's. However in that case, since you're wasting 2 axe skill, unless you faith in the proc rate a Bonescraper is a better alternative.

Even in the best case a Flurry Axe will be replaced as soon as Hakkar.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Warrior