Fury Spreadsheet

Re: Fury Spreadsheet

by Sulfuras » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:39 am

Updated with Athan's glancing formula.
Feel free to make any propositions

P.S. Also I should add that there is working extra attack proc's from itself(WF,HOJ)
Sulfuras
Grunt
Grunt

by vido » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:14 am

I had to look through all of the hit formulas in deathwing's sheet today, so I figured I'd go through yours as well.

So what's the reasoning behind applying a base 24% miss chance for white swings if weapon skill >= 305 and a 26% miss chance otherwise?

AFAIK, the 24% base white miss chance doesn't seem to be affected by anything in vanilla, apart from weapon/defense skill differences ofcourse. This is unlike the special miss chance which is dependant on 5% + 1%*(EnemyLevel-PlayerLevel) where EnemyLevel-PlayerLevel can't be less than zero i.e. it can't go lower than the base 5% miss chance.

Basically since your sheet assumes a raid boss the white miss chance formula should just be 24%-(I26-315)*0.4-E30. Same thing applies to your special hit cap formulas which should just simply be 8%-(I26-315)*0.4-E30.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sulfuras » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:48 pm

vido wrote:I had to look through all of the hit formulas in deathwing's sheet today, so I figured I'd go through yours as well.

So what's the reasoning behind applying a base 24% miss chance for white swings if weapon skill >= 305 and a 26% miss chance otherwise?

AFAIK, the 24% base white miss chance doesn't seem to be affected by anything in vanilla, apart from weapon/defense skill differences ofcourse. This is unlike the special miss chance which is dependant on 5% + 1%*(EnemyLevel-PlayerLevel) where EnemyLevel-PlayerLevel can't be less than zero i.e. it can't go lower than the base 5% miss chance.

Basically since your sheet assumes a raid boss the white miss chance formula should just be 24%-(I26-315)*0.4-E30. Same thing applies to your special hit cap formulas which should just simply be 8%-(I26-315)*0.4-E30.

I didnt tested it yet, but there should be 2 formulas:

If the difference between the mob's Defense Skill (level * 5) and your Weapon Skill ((level * 5) + additional bonuses) is less than or equal to 10 then the formula for calculating your base miss rate against that mob is:
5% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill)*.1%
dual-wielding: 24% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill)*.1%

If the difference between the mob's Defense Skill and your Weapon Skill is greater than 10, then the formula for calculating your base miss rate against that mob is:
7% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill - 10)*.4%
dual-wielding: 26% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill - 10)*.4%
Sulfuras
Grunt
Grunt

by vido » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:58 pm

I've missed with specials while at 8% hit and 300 weapon skill so a 7% base miss chance would be incorrect for this server. Nostalrius seems to be following the same formulas used in deathwing's sheet which was made during retail and based on the values they found back then.

5% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill)*.̶1̶%̶ *.04%
dual-wielding: 24% + (Defense Skill - Weapon Skill)*.̶1̶%̶ .04%

Would be correct against a same level or lower mob. While against a mob that is higher level than the player, the white hit cap formulas don't change however the special hit cap miss chance increases by 1% per level.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sulfuras » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:36 pm

vido wrote:I've missed with specials while at 8% hit and 300 weapon skill so a 7% base miss chance would be incorrect for this server. Nostalrius seems to be following the same formulas used in deathwing's sheet which was made during retail and based on the values they found back then.

Would be correct against a same level or lower mob. While against a mob that is higher level than the player, the white hit cap formulas don't change however the special hit cap miss chance increases by 1% per level.

According to this, you SHOULD miss when 8%hit and 300 skill =)
see:
7%+(315-300-10)*0,4=7+5*0,4....
26%+(315-300-10)*0,4=26+5*0,4=28%

And this looks pretty correct to me, since most times according to Recap I got 19-23% to miss with +7%to hit.

Still need more testing in it to get correct numbers
Sulfuras
Grunt
Grunt

by St0rfan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:43 pm

Sulfuras wrote:
vido wrote:I've missed with specials while at 8% hit and 300 weapon skill so a 7% base miss chance would be incorrect for this server. Nostalrius seems to be following the same formulas used in deathwing's sheet which was made during retail and based on the values they found back then.

see:

And this looks pretty correct to me, since most times according to Recap I got 19-23% to miss with +7%to hit.

Hitcap for special attacks is 8.6%
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Guybrush » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:51 pm

St0rfan wrote:Hitcap for special attacks is 8.6%

8.6% with Deathwing's formula. 9% with the Mangos core formula, which OP is using.

Would love if someone could provide some raw data that proves either of the formulas.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vido » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:43 pm

Sulfuras wrote:

see:

Misstook the 0.4% for 0.04% there. I still have no clue where you got those numbers from. Looks like we're not gonna get anywhere until someone posts screenshots in-game.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Warrior