Warrior Fury Spec?

Re: Warrior DPS Spec?

by Forcerius » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:37 pm

Heldunder wrote:
St0rfan wrote:
Rod3n wrote:I'm fairly certain that this has been discussed before on recent topics....

For levelling i'd say 2h arms i the way to go. Talents dont matter much, but make sure to get Impr. Overpower (2/2), Deep wounds (3/3) and Impale (2/2). Also take (5/5) Cruelty in fury. I'd advise not to take weapon specialization talents while levelling since you want to get the best weaps regardless of their type, while also getting to level different weapon skills. And it's more fun. (+weap skill don't matter pre-60).

If you wanna be fancy pre-40; get a swing timer addon and use Slam with a nice slow weapon. Press slam just after you hit a melee-attack.

Levelling 2h fury is also viable, and the important talents here are (5/5) enrage and (5/5) flurry while doing the sitting tactic.

And dont bother DW'ing.

For fury i would go with (something) like this http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LVhbbIbZVVzIMxoVo

Agreed.

hasnt the conclusion always been 2h fury is the better spec to level...

People are good at repeating things without question and even false information can get set in stone. Why is 2h arms better than dual wield fury or 2h fury with regards to leveling? I've always found from experience and intuition that dual wield fury is better. But if i'm wrong, which I could be, then i'd love to see why. And before you say "go look it up" - understand that part of the reason why i'm asking is because of the people who blindly repeat it. So do you have actual reasons why its better?
studyquran.org/resources/Quran_Reformist_Translation.pdf
Submission to God alone and doing good work is the only path to Paradise.
Peace be upon you.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Warrior Fury Spec?

by St0rfan » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:06 pm

Dualwield penalty is very punishing when you lack hit. There is no +hit on lvling gear. (there are exceptions ofcourse). For example, the power of Ironfoe and Thrashblade I would say make up for it. Personaly, I have always found it easiest to go 2h fury all the way to 51 (with WW-axe) and then switch to Arms with Icebarbed spear the remaining 9 lvls to 60.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: Warrior Fury Spec?

by Forcerius » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:45 pm

St0rfan wrote:Dualwield penalty is very punishing when you lack hit. There is no +hit on lvling gear. (there are exceptions ofcourse). For example, the power of Ironfoe and Thrashblade I would say make up for it. Personaly, I have always found it easiest to go 2h fury all the way to 51 (with WW-axe) and then switch to Arms with Icebarbed spear the remaining 9 lvls to 60.

"very punishing" is subjective though, because a slow swing time is also punishing, along with lower DPS than the one handers combined (maybe not), despite the miss chance. Then we have talents to consider. So what actually makes MS or the 2 handers better? Just avoiding the miss chance? Although, i'm thinking about investing in arms until lvl 19 just for anger management and tactical mastery. Or do you feel from your experience that those talents are necessary if I decide to level as fury?
studyquran.org/resources/Quran_Reformist_Translation.pdf
Submission to God alone and doing good work is the only path to Paradise.
Peace be upon you.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Warrior DPS Spec?

by Rod3n » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:19 pm

Forcerius wrote:People are good at repeating things without question and even false information can get set in stone. Why is 2h arms better than dual wield fury or 2h fury with regards to leveling? I've always found from experience and intuition that dual wield fury is better. But if i'm wrong, which I could be, then i'd love to see why. And before you say "go look it up" - understand that part of the reason why i'm asking is because of the people who blindly repeat it. So do you have actual reasons why its better?
St0rfan wrote:Dualwield penalty is very punishing when you lack hit.

Yea -- the low hit chance with two weapons makes it, well at least unreliable and annoying to play with, i found :D Also having a good weapon(s) is so important, and you'll be coming across a lot of nice good 2handers. Most notable the WW axe, which will serve you for at least 10 amazing levels.
I also find it helpful to have a slow timer on your swings. It helps the way you can manage kiting stuff in dire situations since you can drop in and out for your damage - basically helps with the whole pvp scenario thing.

I myself went from 1 to 50ish with 2h arms and then DW fury rest of the way. I can see 2h fury being really good; i've just never tried it out myself ^^
The different specs have different pro's. Enrage and Flurry are awesome dmg boosting talents and are what makes fury supergood. they do come a bit late in the talent tree though, whereas you can pick up some nice talents in arms early on, hence why I still would say Arms is superior in the lower levels. Kinda biased i suppose.
Imp. OP helps make arms more reliable since you'll actually be happy when opponents dodge.
Tactical Mastery is also nothing to scoff at as it is superconvenient in a lot of stancedance situations.
If you can manage taking on multiple mobs in some occasions during your levelling, then being arms with a slow 2h and sweeping strikes WW'ing is amazing.
Well i guess the value of the different talents are pretty self-explanatory for all. If you're planning on not respeccing once, i'd say arms will give you the most benefit throughout the levels.
Going 2h fury for the later levels seems pretty wise since you'll be able to pick the early valuable talent points in arms anyway.
- Roden
Rod3n
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Warrior