What do you think of my Warrior tank spec for my particular

Re: What do you think of my Warrior tank spec for my particu

by Undertanker » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:53 pm

Okay..... but with anticipation you can wear hit gear that lacks defense.

That gives more threat than these other options.

AQ gear has low def. You need these points.

Until you are 6/9 T3, you can not item budget properly cross multiple gear sets to not take anticipation.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vido » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:33 pm

Undertanker wrote:Okay..... but with anticipation you can wear hit gear that lacks defense.

Until you are 6/9 T3, you can not item budget properly cross multiple gear sets to not take anticipation.

I don't think this applies to the OP xD raids don't even enter the equation here.

HI VIdo,

can you please explain why anticipation is bad?
I always thought that the defense rating is the most important stat for prot warrior to avoid critical hits and crushing blows.

ty
MyNegation
Tester

Getting hit by a crit in 5-mans is almost never a problem (apart from King Gordok), crushing blows only apply to raid bosses, and anticipation isn't too effective with that in the first place. You get 0.4% less of a chance to get crit and 0.4% dodge/parry/miss/block. 10 def amounts to 1.6% avoidance below def cap and 1.2% above the cap, basically a waste of 5 talent points in a lot of cases. The spec I proposed has piercing howl and 4/5 TM to allow for thunderclap stance dance, so there aren't many talent points left to throw around.

You also asked about toughness, imp revenge and 1h spec in a PM:

-Armor is your best tanking stat on a great majority of content, so the other options pale in comparison.

-A 45% stun proc on a ability with 5s CD is basically 27% less damage intake from the mob you're using it on.

-1h spec boosts your rage income and you cleave a lot in 5-mans (weapon damage plays a big role) so the TPS/DPS increase it provides is too substantial to pass up.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by MyNegation » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:28 pm

ty for the explanation
MyNegation
Private
Private

by Problazer » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:11 pm

Undertanker wrote:Okay..... but with anticipation you can wear hit gear that lacks defense.

Congrats on your TF by the way. I heard we both got our 2nd binding within 20 minutes of each other.
Problazer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Cargalia » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:16 pm

get rid of the anger management stem
Cargalia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Undertanker » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:49 am

For those on page two that are linking and commenting on end game tanking, the OP is not about end game tanking and wanted a good spec that was for tanking AND doing damage in a 5 man.

ie: not cookie cutter raid specs.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Previous

Return to Warrior