Question about Piercing Howl

Question about Piercing Howl

by thenuclearwalrus » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:34 am

Im leveling a 2h Fury spec and have not taken Piercing Howl, I prefer to tank the dungeons of my level and someone else in the forum mentioned Piercing Howl for a tanking spec, I can understand preventing alot of stuff happening from runners, but does it cause much in the way of threat?
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Question about Piercing Howl

by DanielGames » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:00 am

I'm no expert on the subject but I would assume it does as much threat as demoralizing shout as both apply debuffs. Regardless it's a good ability to have for many situations. There are times where I coulda lived if I had the aoe slow as I tend to hamstring targets and kite if the healer is having trouble keeping me up for whatever reason. Even if you have shaman, mages, etc you can't always rely on pugs to think beyond their own dps.
Zouleika - Troll Warrior "Requests curse of reck and tanks with a 2hander? I like this guy"
Gerwulf - Horde Paladin "Where the fuck you been?"
DanielGames
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Question about Piercing Howl

by Lingon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:10 am

Piercing howl does a bit less threat than demo shout.

There are several benefits of having Piercing for tanking. As Daniel already mentioned, it's great for kiting when you take a lot of damage. It's also really nice for situations where range dps go aoe ham before you have a chance to hit all mobs. The slowed mobs that turn for ranged dps are much easier to select and get aggro back on before they run out of range. Additionally, it provides a slow when an AoE class doesn't have one (lock, hunter (most don't use trap anyway), druid).
Lingon
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Warrior