Leveling spec for soloing and dungeons

Leveling spec for soloing and dungeons

by Azonos » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:41 am

I'm currently in the process of leveling my first warrior and need advice in how to spec.

I'd like to run a lot of dungeons to practice my tanking, but I'll also be soloing a lot I guess.

I read that fury is the way to go when soloing, but will I be able to tank dungeons or will I be taking too much damage with the healer occasionally being sub-par or dps-specced.
Azonos 36 - PVE
Azonos
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Leveling spec for soloing and dungeons

by Undertanker » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:09 am

There is about 10 threads on this. Including points to use per 10 levels, breaking down talent points.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Azonos » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:35 am

Undertanker wrote:There is about 10 threads on this. Including points to use per 10 levels, breaking down talent points.

Really? Only ones I could find was for level 60..
Azonos 36 - PVE
Azonos
Grunt
Grunt

by St0rfan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:40 am

Azonos wrote:I'm currently in the process of leveling my first warrior and need advice in how to spec.

I'd like to run a lot of dungeons to practice my tanking, but I'll also be soloing a lot I guess.

I read that fury is the way to go when soloing, but will I be able to tank dungeons or will I be taking too much damage with the healer occasionally being sub-par or dps-specced.

2h-fury all the way to lvl60. You dont need protection spec to tank any 5mans.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by seeker303 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:41 pm

Really depends on what you prefer there are two "optimal" ways of leveling a warrior. One is 2h-Fury until 40, then respec to Arms for mortal strike to 60. The other option is to just go 2h-Fury to 60. Those are the general two routes a lot of people take. Optionally you can go full into arms from 10-60 to save yourself a respec doesn't make a giant difference, but because of the improved overpower a lot of people like this route. Anyways how you mix it is up to you, but those are generally what you'll do.

Also keep in mind you don't need talents into prot in order to tank, those are talents needed to raid, and to make end-game dungeon runs easier.

Hope I helped at all.
seeker303
Private
Private

by Azonos » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:45 pm

seeker303 wrote:Really depends on what you prefer there are two "optimal" ways of leveling a warrior. One is 2h-Fury until 40, then respec to Arms for mortal strike to 60. The other option is to just go 2h-Fury to 60. Those are the general two routes a lot of people take. Optionally you can go full into arms from 10-60 to save yourself a respec doesn't make a giant difference, but because of the improved overpower a lot of people like this route. Anyways how you mix it is up to you, but those are generally what you'll do.

Also keep in mind you don't need talents into prot in order to tank, those are talents needed to raid, and to make end-game dungeon runs easier.

Hope I helped at all.

Cheers!
Azonos 36 - PVE
Azonos
Grunt
Grunt

by Groza » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:29 am

Undertanker wrote:There is about 10 threads on this. Including points to use per 10 levels, breaking down talent points.

Care to link any then? Having a hard time finding all these alleged threads. None are stickied, search terms are proving unhelpful, and the only threads I am finding are ones like this with only a couple of replies. Would love to see some info on leveling specs for warriors.
Groza
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Warrior