Leveling weapon question (lvl 48)

Leveling weapon question (lvl 48)

by zonychiba » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:55 am

Hello everyone,

I am wondering, now with 48 and Stoneslayer, specced arms, whether dw fury or 2H fury is an option.

I can afford phantom blade as OH and will get Thrash Blade soon anyway through maraudon, so I'd have decent weapons for my stage. I just don't want to waste the gold to then learn that arms with IBS at 51 is muuuuuch better.

Also: For 2H fury, is Sul'Thraze a decent weapon? And Destiny? I thought so because it's fast so okay rage generation, and the procc will buff strength so my Bloodthrist deals more damage I assume?

Thanks for any thought, really appreciated.
zonychiba
Tester

Re: Leveling weapon question (lvl 48)

by Monga » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Get lvl 51, do AV, get Ice Barbed Spear.

You're welcome!
Monga
Grunt
Grunt

by vido » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:40 pm

I'm 1000/1000 exalted with the frostwolves and I haven't gotten a single korrak kill, so GL with that spear. If you manage to get one though, it's hard to tell if it's better than DW with a thrash blade. With an IBS on one hand, you'll have an easy time handling 2-3mobs however you'll do less single target damage compared to a thrash blade especially if you can proc enrage. You'll have a smoother ride going arms spec with IBS though for those chained mob pulls.

2h fury isn't too bad for leveling, but if you go this route I'd recommend taking DW spec regardless and using that for single target while swapping to your 2h if you can't avoid a multiple mob pull.Sul'thraze/destiny looks pretty bad in both cases.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Cargalia » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:54 pm

I got korrak my 3rd or 4th try. Got in at like an hr 30
Cargalia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Undertanker » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:18 pm

zonychiba wrote:Hello everyone,

I am wondering, now with 48 and Stoneslayer, specced arms, whether dw fury or 2H fury is an option.

I can afford phantom blade as OH and will get Thrash Blade soon anyway through maraudon, so I'd have decent weapons for my stage. I just don't want to waste the gold to then learn that arms with IBS at 51 is muuuuuch better.

Also: For 2H fury, is Sul'Thraze a decent weapon? And Destiny? I thought so because it's fast so okay rage generation, and the procc will buff strength so my Bloodthrist deals more damage I assume?

Sul'Thraze and Destiny, due to their speed are terrible for arms, and would only be viable for an arms / fury build that forgoes BT/MS.

Your Ulda sword is really good to use for Arms and if you can't get in a AV turtle that is fine stick with it. It has a really good proc and if you can afford +damage enchant to it, it hits like a truck paired with the proc.

Don't think too much into it. The 50s go fast for a warrior compared to the struggles you dealt with before.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zonychiba » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:16 pm

Thanks everyone I really appreciate your throughts on this.

I also figured that chained mob pulls gonna be easier with arms, as you have access to sweeping strikes and MS generally hits harder on this gear level than BT does. For variety's sake I'll try to go DW fury, I'm interested in single target damage, and whether it really surpasses the damage the stoneslayer dishes out. A question regarding this: Thrash Blade is probably the answer for main hand, but what about off hand? Is phantom blade a viable choice, or should I stick with a stat stick? Preferably fast I guess for rage gen?

I learnt from this that dw fury is not only viable but even dishes out more damage as arms does, which is interesting and I never thought about this, as I expected it to be on par max.
zonychiba
Tester

by vido » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:00 pm

A fast offhand providing more rage generation is a common misconception. It lowers your rage generation, since it lowers your flurry uptime and the rage increase via unbridled wrath is almost negligible. What it does do is increase your amount of white hits therefore dodges, therefore overpowers which makes a fast offhand favorable in most cases.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Heldunder » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:13 pm

Undertanker wrote:
zonychiba wrote:Hello everyone,

Sul'Thraze and Destiny, due to their speed are terrible for arms, and would only be viable for an arms / fury build that forgoes BT/MS.

Your Ulda sword is really good to use for Arms and if you can't get in a AV turtle that is fine stick with it. It has a really good proc and if you can afford +damage enchant to it, it hits like a truck paired with the proc.

Don't think too much into it. The 50s go fast for a warrior compared to the struggles you dealt with before.

why on earth would a 2h fury build for a 50+ forgo BT?
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by JeeTee » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:21 pm

Stoneslayer can easily get you to level 60. I wouldn't bother changing to fury, you won't see much of an increase in damage and you lose your sweeping strikes.
JeeTee
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Warrior