Arms Talent Build

Arms Talent Build

by Riccan » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:09 pm

Hey guys, I'm levelling a warrior and so far have stuck to arms for the levelling (will probably go into prot or fury endgame). Anyways, I've been messing around with the talent calculator and I decided to go with this specc until 60. But I was wondering if it could be viable for pve dps at 60 as well, I'd appreciate it if you more experienced theorycrafters checked it out :)
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LhGxzAio0zVV0AM
Riccan
Tester

Re: Arms Talent Build

by vido » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:17 pm

Imp HS is a pretty good talent before you get WW/Cleave but it's worthless after that, since later on even if you end up with rage to burn you'd most times use it on thunderclap/demo shout or you can pool it for a big execute.

UW wrath is especially bad for arms, you'll save more rage through booming voice due to longer bshouts alone, not to mention demo shout. Also if you're going down the fury tree, not picking up piercing howl should be a felony, and ingoring enrage is death penalty tier.

If you want to be viable for pve dps, you need to have WF and a swingtimer and slam on bind. If you're a pansy and playing alliance side, then forget about this post. Basically you use slam or hamstring depending if you can squeeze one in before your next swing in between MS/WW cooldowns. If you have enough rage (i.e. world buffs/AQ/Naxx tier) the optimal rotation is auto>slam>MS>auto>slam>WW>auto>slam>MS>auto>slam>hamstring>auto>slam>MS... obviously this depends on weapon speed but that's roughly the pattern (overpower will fuck up your "rotation" anyway). During execute phase you spend one global on MS/WW/Slam/OP and one on execute between auto swings, bear in mind you need to be sitting at 40/35/25 rage after the auto. Make sure to have a bloodrage up for execute phase so you can auto>execute>bloodrage+execute>auto.

Because of the high rage requirements of the rotation, It's highly dependent on world buffs atm. You'll likely need a BRE to actually compete and another big obstacle is the debuff slot you'll be taking up.

Here's an uber tryhard dragonslaying neckbeard arms spec:http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LchxdAboxzE00VMh (alternatively cookie cutter pvp spec should work fine, but imp execute can be pretty huge to keep a good execute rotation.)

If you go the 2h fury route, slam is hardly worth the talent points with a 3.4 weapon like BRE. Stick to BT/WW/Hamstring+HS and you'll spam execute most times unless you have enough ap for BT/WW to outscale it or you if you go through all of your flurry stacks and end up with a regular 3.4 swing.
Last edited by vido on Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Riccan » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:26 pm

Can I ask WF stands for?

Thanks for the feedback
Riccan
Tester

by Undertanker » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:57 pm

Riccan wrote:Can I ask WF stands for?

Thanks for the feedback

WindFury. The shammy totem, requiring the shammy to be in your group.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Riccan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Undertanker wrote:
Riccan wrote:Can I ask WF stands for?

Thanks for the feedback

WindFury. The shammy totem, requiring the shammy to be in your group.

Oh, figures, but I'm alliance.
Riccan
Tester

by vido » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:53 pm

I spend too much time with these walls of text, people hardly read it xD anyway If you're alliance then forget about mortal striking dragons with you big two hand.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Warrior