Post for Storfan Wep Swapping

Post for Storfan Wep Swapping

by hechie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:18 am

Hello Storfan

can you tell me about how Wep Swapping works when to do it and what macro's is needed to do it correct

some topics i have been thinking about

first of all is it ever worth swapping weps.

if yes.

Swapping for

- overpower?

- wirhlwind?

and how would such macro look like :)
More?
Thanks alot :)
hechie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Post for Storfan Wep Swapping

by St0rfan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:46 am

hechie wrote:Hello Storfan

can you tell me about how Wep Swapping works when to do it and what macro's is needed to do it correct

some topics i have been thinking about

first of all is it ever worth swapping weps.

if yes.

Swapping for

- overpower?

- wirhlwind?

and how would such macro look like :)
More?
Thanks alot :)

You could have asked this question by PM or simply in the macro thread instead of dedicating an entire thread to this topic.

You wont really swap weapons for ww or OP. I believe it resets the swingtimer and thus makes it a waste of time. The only reason you would swap weapons in combat really would be as fury if you pull aggro on Vaelstrasz (or any other boss for that matter). You will need the addon called "weapon quick swap" to use this macro:

/eq [Quel'Serrar]
/eq [Draconian Deflector]
/cast defensive stance
/cast shield wall
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by hechie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:52 am

yea i placed it here since i thougth others might ask for the same thing

i should maybe add this
im Furry warrior using 2x deathbringers

and what i was think was that when i swap stand from besekere to arms and using overpower i only hit with a "1-handed" wep.
and since the crit chance is insanely high on overpower and since a 2 handed do close to 2x the damage as 1 hand.
hechie
Sergeant
Sergeant

by St0rfan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:53 pm

hechie wrote:yea i placed it here since i thougth others might ask for the same thing

i should maybe add this
im Furry warrior using 2x deathbringers

and what i was think was that when i swap stand from besekere to arms and using overpower i only hit with a "1-handed" wep.
and since the crit chance is insanely high on overpower and since a 2 handed do close to 2x the damage as 1 hand.

I doubt its worth the effort and resetting swing timer, then again I havent tried.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by hechie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:10 pm

anyway thx for your time i will comeback when i have any solid info :)
hechie
Sergeant
Sergeant

by vido » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:45 pm

It incurs a global cooldown for each swap, which makes it very hard in pve to get a clean 2h swap and overpower within a 5s window, and then swap back to DW without delaying BT/WW.

If you want to swap for a WW on a cleave fight, it's again 2 lost globals + the time you lose waiting on your swingtimer + reaction time delay.

The only time weapon swap in pve realistically comes into play is if you're using a 2h and you're swapping for long execute phase, or maybe swapping from a slow MH to a faster one.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Warrior