Why isn't Dual-wield Dagger Fury a thing?

Re: Why isn't Dual-wield Dagger Fury a thing?

by snowtime » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:48 am

I think it's also worth mentioning that WW and OP only get 1.7 x AP bonus with daggers, while the other items get a 2.4 x AP bonus.

While WW and OP are not exactly your biggest sources of damage, the fact that they have daggers have less weapon damage per swing and they generate less damage from AP makes it harder to justify the increase it auto attack damage.

If a weapon does 200 damage and the warrior has 1000 AP and the modifers are 1.7 with daggers and 2.4 with sword/axe/mace, WW will hit for 321 with daggers and 371 with 1 handed mace sword/axe/mace. You add the fact that a slow weapon will do more damage and there's a difference which i'm unsure if the increase in auto attack damage can increase.

Spamming HS 100% of the time is unrealistic unless you're MTing or on Vael. Even then you wouldn't due to threat.

I don't think daggers are outright bad, but after 11 years, if daggers were better than sword/axe/mace, people would have found out by now.
snowtime
Sergeant
Sergeant

by slipryy » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:00 am

snowtime wrote:I think it's also worth mentioning that WW and OP only get 1.7 x AP bonus with daggers, while the other items get a 2.4 x AP bonus.

While WW and OP are not exactly your biggest sources of damage, the fact that they have daggers have less weapon damage per swing and they generate less damage from AP makes it harder to justify the increase it auto attack damage.

If a weapon does 200 damage and the warrior has 1000 AP and the modifers are 1.7 with daggers and 2.4 with sword/axe/mace, WW will hit for 321 with daggers and 371 with 1 handed mace sword/axe/mace. You add the fact that a slow weapon will do more damage and there's a difference which i'm unsure if the increase in auto attack damage can increase.

Spamming HS 100% of the time is unrealistic unless you're MTing or on Vael. Even then you wouldn't due to threat.

I don't think daggers are outright bad, but after 11 years, if daggers were better than sword/axe/mace, people would have found out by now.

every1 in my guild has ~90% heroic strikes on every fight
daggers are not "good" because every1 is human or orc and u need a lot of gear to get ur ap high enough for the rage gen
slipryy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:46 am

slipryy wrote:
snowtime wrote:I think it's also worth mentioning that WW and OP only get 1.7 x AP bonus with daggers, while the other items get a 2.4 x AP bonus.

every1 in my guild has ~90% heroic strikes on every fight
daggers are not "good" because every1 is human or orc and u need a lot of gear to get ur ap high enough for the rage gen

NOPE-tanks arent exactly your normal run-of-the-mill tanks either though. Tanks in the average guild dont have GM/HWL gear to maximize threat, nor can they trust their healers to keep them up when doing so. Additionally, most "average" guild tanks are using sub-par weapons still such as Quel'Serrar instead of finkles or Alcors which severely gimps their TPS output and by extension makes it impossible for the furies to spam HS in the first place.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by slipryy » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:54 am

dont think any tank in nope has even been in the champions hall
slipryy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Warrior