Tips for PvP for a new warrior

Tips for PvP for a new warrior

by Cargalia » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:30 am

Couple questions and maybe an open discussion on how to play a warrior in PvP.

What's the hard counter to a warrior?

Is arms not comparable in PvE?

Do you macro shields in pvp to interrupt spell casts ?

What abilities will I be prioritizing during pvp,?
Cargalia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Tips for PvP for a new warrior

by Heldunder » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:22 pm

Cargalia wrote:Couple questions and maybe an open discussion on how to play a warrior in PvP.

What's the hard counter to a warrior?

Is arms not comparable in PvE?

Do you macro shields in pvp to interrupt spell casts ?

What abilities will I be prioritizing during pvp,?

everything hard counters warrior in pvp, esp frost mage.

arms is only "meh" in pve

you can stance dance to do a pummel instead of shield macroing.

prioritize hamstring, and mortal strike. ww and over power.

get a pocket healer. pref a shammy with WF totem.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by JeeTee » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:08 am

The class sucks without support.
Nearly everything counters you 1v1 unless you go full tryhard.

With a proper team and gear it becomes arguably the strongest in the game.
JeeTee
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ivory » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:24 am

Very weak in the beginning, because you will lack from HP and everything gonna kill you.

You need to get good gear and swords, and burst your enemy.
Engineer helps a lot with Reflector, Dynamite, Charge helm, speed boots.

Focus on taking the blue pvp set and the Unstoppable Force hammer.
Zin'rock, BRE, Ashkandy, Untamed blade if you can go PVE.

Try to everytime engage with your Charge, spam Harmstring, Overpower, MS. And don't forget to use HS if you are fullrage.
Ivory
Private
Private

by Niini » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:13 pm

Make macros to swap to defense and do various things with a sword and shield.
Niini
Sergeant
Sergeant

by thenuclearwalrus » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:39 pm

I dont know about the other people in this thread, but the only thing that really gives me trouble in a 1v1 are mages druids and the occasional paladin other than that I have a very balanced fight 1v1 with the other classes.
For all the tips below Hamstring should be up 100%
Rogues: Keep Rend up, if they use evasion, you win.
Hunter: Use normal abilities, if he feigns death gain some distance, he likely laid a freezing trap.
Warrior: Comes down to who is the better warrior, be sure to use Berserker Rage if he fears, and try to stance dance to disarm him, he will do the same.
Shaman: Dunno Im horde so :P
Priest: Similar to Warrior, berserk if they fear, pummel when they try to heal, use MS liberally.
Warlock: Berserker Rage, Hamstring, pummel if he tries to fear again, watch out of succy, Skull of Impending Doom helps here.
Mage: Pain in the ass, Frost Nova should be trinketed, intercept him, get in some more hits, you should be able to catch him if he stays around to cast at you, his hp will disappear when you do.
Druid: Annoying, a good druid will root and shapeshift out of hamstring, just keep applying it so he uses up his mana from shifting all the time.
Pally: Can be a pain, the only other high armor class. Keep up rend, watch for hammer of justice, if he consecrates try to kite him out of it, smart ones will take the chance to heal, so intercept into them to stop it. If he bubbles, its a good sign, take the chance to bandage while he heals, and take him out.
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Heldunder » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:54 pm

thenuclearwalrus wrote:I dont know about the other people in this thread, but the only thing that really gives me trouble in a 1v1 are mages druids and the occasional paladin other than that I have a very balanced fight 1v1 with the other classes.
Hunter: Use normal abilities, if he feigns death gain some distance, he likely laid a freezing trap.
Warrior: Comes down to who is the better warrior, be sure to use Berserker Rage if he fears, and try to stance dance to disarm him, he will do the same.
Priest: Similar to Warrior, berserk if they fear, pummel when they try to heal, use MS liberally.
Warlock: Berserker Rage, Hamstring, pummel if he tries to fear again, watch out of succy, Skull of Impending Doom helps here.
Mage: Pain in the ass, Frost Nova should be trinketed, intercept him, get in some more hits, you should be able to catch him if he stays around to cast at you, his hp will disappear when you do.
Druid: Annoying, a good druid will root and shapeshift out of hamstring, just keep applying it so he uses up his mana from shifting all the time.
Pally: Can be a pain, the only other high armor class. Keep up rend, watch for hammer of justice, if he consecrates try to kite him out of it, smart ones will take the chance to heal, so intercept into them to stop it. If he bubbles, its a good sign, take the chance to bandage while he heals, and take him out.

have you ever 1v1d a shadow priest? :lol: :lol: :lol:

and to add, youll lose more rage/dps trying ot disarm a warrior than its worth. i void bothering unless they severely outgear me and i have a healer.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by thenuclearwalrus » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:48 am

Yes, I have, and when they use Psychic Scream and see "immune" they shit themselves and get rekt.
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by wiseoldenemy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:05 pm

thenuclearwalrus wrote:I dont know about the other people in this thread, but the only thing that really gives me trouble in a 1v1 are mages druids and the occasional paladin other than that I have a very balanced fight 1v1 with the other classes.

are you level 60?

Can you tell me more about how to kill frost mages, like when to use reflector/net, what abilities to use when you close distance, stuff like that.
wiseoldenemy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nagaflex » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:27 am

wiseoldenemy wrote:Can you tell me more about how to kill frost mages, like when to use reflector/net, what abilities to use when you close distance, stuff like that.

What i like to do vs a mage is charge but don't attack so you don't get the slow, and they will probably blink but if they are retarded enough they'll frost nova so you just trinket that and start attacking with hamstring. Once they blink you can safely use intercept and hamstring to close the gap. (Never attack when charging because they will blink 95% of the time and you don't want the slow). If their frost nova is on cd you can just charge and intercept after the blink. Also, a lot of mages on this server are tryhard and try to play like vurtne so they will use bombs or helm but you can easily counter that with berserker rage.

Always keep a couple of free action potions at hand but be careful because if they're not shit they will sheep you and goodbye fap. I'm a pve hero so I pvp with fury spec and i feel comfortable using skull of impending doom to break it for the free heals, but if you're arms your best bet is to interrupt the sheep instead of breaking it. Also if they have ice block you're fucked so what you might want to do is run away, bandage and wait for charge to be up again or mount up and run kek.

When charging a mage try to be at max range because they can couterspell you and if you're dumb you will stand there like a fool so what you want to do then is run away and wait to drop combat. If they are stupid they'll blink towards you and you can then bloodrage/intercept and trinket the frost nova asap.

If you have engineering it's another story because you can then use the helm or bomb after the frost nova. Most of the time when you popped your charge and intercept and you're stuck in frost nova mages will get confident and will start to cast a long frostbolt which makes them very easy to bomb at that point, and if you hamstringed the mage after the intercept you might not even need to trinket to get back to him because he will have wasted a lot of time getting out of range. Or better yet you can wait for him to pop all his cds for that dank ass frostbolt crit and pop the reflector at the last second.

When i'm omw to a dungeon and there's that shit mage trying to gank and make that dank vurtnelike wpvp video or get r14 with gray kills i don't mind popping the fap+recklessness just to be done with it. Sometimes they are so confident playing vs a warrior they won't even think about iceblock.

Vs any good mage however you're pretty much fucked but thankfully 98% of the mages are shit.
Nagaflex
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Warrior