Arms leveling build?

Re: Arms leveling build?

by Jointed » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:42 pm

SuperDuck wrote:
lautzki wrote:Booming voice? Why? And Anger management? You could've used that anger mgmt point and parry point in improved charge.

Because you save 10 rage and a gcd every 2 minutes. It also makes it easier to catch rogues with demo shout.

UW might give you more rage than the ten saved if you're constantly hitting, but thats not the case when levelling, where you have down time and time spend moving between targets.

Both are viable, but i prefer the first one.

Anger management is 20 rage a minute, imp charge is 12 per point if you use it on cd, which you probably dont.
Or put another way, Anger management beats imp charge whenever a fight lasts more than nine seconds, which again most fights do when levelling. It also ticks when cc'd/getting kited which helps a lot in wpvp.

Im not sure what you mean with using a parry point in imp charge, i only have two points in parry, which us just enough to ge to the next tier. If you mean using the AM point in parry i agree thats also viable, but id rather take the extra rage over some slight mitigation and occasional faster attack.

Parry is also a viable choice though, thats why i say its personal preference.

I think Anger Management is not as useful as Improved Charge, especially if you want to argue about efficiency when grinding and eliminating down time. Also, I have no idea what you mean by "it ticks when cc'd/getting kited", because all it does is decrease your rage degeneration out of combat, and if you are getting kited, you are in combat anyway. And especially if you are CC'd, any class will try to prevent you from getting the Charge off again before the CC breaks, so you will be out of combat for a minimal amount of time regardless because they are in control of the fight in a situation like that.

Also, putting points into Booming Voice just for the extended range of Demoralizing Shout seems pointless to me, even if it does help you catch rogues a bit more often than normal. In general, you will still get jumped by a rogue 80% of the time anyway, even if you have this talent 5/5. If anything, the only real benefit from this talent is the extended duration of Battle Shout, which is something you can completely ignore if you get used to refreshing Battle Shout more often.

Also, Deflection is terrible for leveling in my opinion, especially when you use it to fill the last two points in the first tier. 2% Parry Chance will not help you anywhere near as much as the reduced rage cost of Heroic Strike over the course of leveling to 60.
Jointed
Tester

by Jointed » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:56 pm

SuperDuck wrote:Because you save 10 rage and a gcd every 2 minutes. It also makes it easier to catch rogues with demo shout.

Saving 10 rage every two minutes is nowhere near being able to gain an additional 24 rage per minute if you use Charge on cool down, which you should be unless you are wasting your time fighting mobs that are higher than your level. I kill mobs before my Charge cool down comes up frequently; if anything, the cool down holds me back.

SuperDuck wrote:UW might give you more rage than the ten saved if you're constantly hitting, but thats not the case when levelling, where you have down time and time spend moving between targets.

Unbridled Wrath is not that great when you use a 2h, and I only go for it over Improved Demoralizing Shout when I am putting my final points into the fury tree as a bonus.

SuperDuck wrote:Anger management is 20 rage a minute, imp charge is 12 per point if you use it on cd, which you probably dont.
Or put another way, Anger management beats imp charge whenever a fight lasts more than nine seconds, which again most fights do when levelling. It also ticks when cc'd/getting kited which helps a lot in wpvp.

First, you contradicted what you initially said at the beginning of your post, also, a potential 24 extra rage per minute still beats this figure, assuming it is even accurate; you don't always have rage left over at the end of a battle to even preserve, especially when you use execute to finish mobs, and you definitely should be. Once again, this talent is not as good as Improved Charge if you are killing mobs at or below your level.

SuperDuck wrote:Im not sure what you mean with using a parry point in imp charge, i only have two points in parry, which us just enough to ge to the next tier. If you mean using the AM point in parry i agree thats also viable, but id rather take the extra rage over some slight mitigation and occasional faster attack.

I don't understand how you would rather waste points in Deflection for a meager amount of Parry, wasting extra rage on Heroic Strike, and then not putting points into Improved Charge because you want to "save rage" by speccing into Anger Management. None of this makes sense to me, especially when you start using execute liberally at level 24. You won't even have any rage left to conserve after you get out of combat.

tl;dr Improved Charge > Anger Management, Improved Heroic Strike 2/3 > Deflection 2/3
Jointed
Tester

by chunass » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:37 pm

Jointed wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:Because you save 10 rage and a gcd every 2 minutes. It also makes it easier to catch rogues with demo shout.

Saving 10 rage every two minutes is nowhere near being able to gain an additional 24 rage per minute if you use Charge on cool down, which you should be unless you are wasting your time fighting mobs that are higher than your level. I kill mobs before my Charge cool down comes up frequently; if anything, the cool down holds me back.

SuperDuck wrote:UW might give you more rage than the ten saved if you're constantly hitting, but thats not the case when levelling, where you have down time and time spend moving between targets.

Unbridled Wrath is not that great when you use a 2h, and I only go for it over Improved Demoralizing Shout when I am putting my final points into the fury tree as a bonus.

SuperDuck wrote:Anger management is 20 rage a minute, imp charge is 12 per point if you use it on cd, which you probably dont.

First, you contradicted what you initially said at the beginning of your post, also, a potential 24 extra rage per minute still beats this figure, assuming it is even accurate; you don't always have rage left over at the end of a battle to even preserve, especially when you use execute to finish mobs, and you definitely should be. Once again, this talent is not as good as Improved Charge if you are killing mobs at or below your level.

SuperDuck wrote:Im not sure what you mean with using a parry point in imp charge, i only have two points in parry, which us just enough to ge to the next tier. If you mean using the AM point in parry i agree thats also viable, but id rather take the extra rage over some slight mitigation and occasional faster attack.

I don't understand how you would rather waste points in Deflection for a meager amount of Parry, wasting extra rage on Heroic Strike, and then not putting points into Improved Charge because you want to "save rage" by speccing into Anger Management. None of this makes sense to me, especially when you start using execute liberally at level 24. You won't even have any rage left to conserve after you get out of combat.

tl;dr Improved Charge > Anger Management, Improved Heroic Strike 2/3 > Deflection 2/3

Anger management doesn't do what its tool tip says. It has nothing to do with what happens out of combat, rather it generates free rage while in combat, 1 every 3 seconds meaning 20 per minute.
Chunass - 60 Night Elf Hunter
Chew - 60 Human Warrior
<Molten Core Swimteam>
chunass
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Jointed » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:43 am

chunass wrote:Anger management doesn't do what its tool tip says. It has nothing to do with what happens out of combat, rather it generates free rage while in combat, 1 every 3 seconds meaning 20 per minute.

I'd still argue that it is better to wait to spec into Anger Managerment until you are in your 40's. Rushing to get Sweeping Strikes and Mortal Strike is more important IMO, and could easily be inserted into a build at 41 immediately after MS, or at 46 after getting 5/5 Cruelty
Jointed
Tester

by JeeTee » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:00 am

https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/warri ... 0000000000

level 40

anger management is good, better than +3 rage to charge
improved heroic strike is useless using a 2 handed
JeeTee
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Jointed » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:15 am

JeeTee wrote:https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/warrior?build=0231502135251000010000000000000000000000000000000000

level 40

anger management is good, better than +3 rage to charge
improved heroic strike is useless using a 2 handed

I think 2/3 Improved Heroic strike is much better than 2/5 Deflection, even when considering the parry mechanic can increase the speed of your next attack, just because adding 2% parry to your already extremely low parry rate is almost negligible on the attack table. On the other hand, a 13 rage cost Heroic Strike is really useful in the early levels. Sure, it could become less useful as you move past level 40 when you have Mortal Strike and Whirlwind available, but I don't think that 2% parry beats it by any means, especially at lower levels.

Anger Management is good, but I don't think it's worth delaying how early you get Sweeping Strikes or Mortal Strike just to dump 5 points into Tactical Mastery and immediately go for it. I think the talent is best when you are 41 and already have Mortal Strike at 40, and then the following 5 points to 46 go immediately into Curelty for 5% crit.

Also, if you go for Anger Management immediately, you have to dump 2 extra points into Tactical Mastery, just to be able to get it at level 20, and you delay beginning to put points into Improved Overpower and Deep Wounds by an entire level assuming you completely skip putting any points into Improved Charge. I just think the point is more efficiently spent at level 41 or 46.
Jointed
Tester

by Lingon » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:59 am

Heroic strike should only be used as a last resort rage dump (after 1-2 sunder, demo shout, rend, overpower, hamstring), so paying 5-10% more rage for it won't hurt much.
Additionally, you won't be using heroic strike much at all after 30 - slam is superior, and the whirlwind and slam, and then MS/BT and ww and slam. (with 2handers ofc).
Lingon
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Arms leveling build

by SuperDuck » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:29 pm

Jointed wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:
lautzki wrote:Booming voice? Why? And Anger management? You could've used that anger mgmt point and parry point in improved charge.

Because you save 10 rage and a gcd every 2 minutes. It also makes it easier to catch rogues with demo shout.

UW might give you more rage than the ten saved if you're constantly hitting, but thats not the case when levelling, where you have down time and time spend moving between targets.

Anger management is 20 rage a minute, imp charge is 12 per point if you use it on cd, which you probably dont.

Im not sure what you mean with using a parry point in imp charge, i only have two points in parry, which us just enough to ge to the next tier. If you mean using the AM point in parry i agree thats also viable, but id rather take the extra rage over some slight mitigation and occasional faster attack.

I think Anger Management is not as useful as Improved Charge, especially if you want to argue about efficiency when grinding and eliminating down time. Also, I have no idea what you mean by "it ticks when cc'd/getting kited", because all it does is decrease your rage degeneration out of combat, and if you are getting kited, you are in combat anyway. And especially if you are CC'd, any class will try to prevent you from getting the Charge off again before the CC breaks, so you will be out of combat for a minimal amount of time regardless because they are in control of the fight in a situation like that.

Also, putting points into Booming Voice just for the extended range of Demoralizing Shout seems pointless to me, even if it does help you catch rogues a bit more often than normal. In general, you will still get jumped by a rogue 80% of the time anyway, even if you have this talent 5/5. If anything, the only real benefit from this talent is the extended duration of Battle Shout, which is something you can completely ignore if you get used to refreshing Battle Shout more often.

Also, Deflection is terrible for leveling in my opinion, especially when you use it to fill the last two points in the first tier. 2% Parry Chance will not help you anywhere near as much as the reduced rage cost of Heroic Strike over the course of leveling to 60.

If you have never even tried anger management then you really shouldn't speak of its value. The way it works is that if gives you one rage every three seconds. The tooltip is a lie, test it yourself. I don't even know why I keep responding when people arguing against have no clue about the mechanics being discussed.

Read what I write please, I'm not picking booming voice solely for catching rogues, that's just an added bonus. If you're autoattacking more than about 50 percent of your leveling time go ahead and pick unbridled wrath, if not you benefit more from booming voice, it's simple math.

Deflection is way better than imp hs for arms, when leveling you rarely have rage for hs, as ww and ms have priority, and one less rage cost is insignificant when you factor the lost rage from a white hit into the rage cost. The avoidance reduces downtime and whenever you parry your next attack is hastened.
SuperDuck
Grunt
Grunt

by Lingon » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:35 pm

What do you think of Defiance vs 2-Hand spec though?
SImilar in their small % benefit, Defiance gives survivability and a small dmg boost, while 2-hand spec gives a bigger damage boost, but no benefit while tanking!
Also Imp hamstring vs 2handed spec (for the PvP server that is)...

I've written the base of a leveling guide but some topics I need input on. PM if interested.
Lingon
Grunt
Grunt

by SuperDuck » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:39 pm

Lingon wrote:What do you think of Defiance vs 2-Hand spec though?
SImilar in their small % benefit, Defiance gives survivability and a small dmg boost, while 2-hand spec gives a bigger damage boost, but no benefit while tanking!
Also Imp hamstring vs 2handed spec (for the PvP server that is)...

I've written the base of a leveling guide but some topics I need input on. PM if interested.

I'd never skip 2-hand spec on an arms warrior.
SuperDuck
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Warrior