Intimidating shout only lasting half the amount of time?

Intimidating shout only lasting half the amount of time?

by wiseoldenemy » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:16 pm

This only happens in PvP, on players. It only lasts 4 seconds! how lame... is this a bug, is this blizzlike, or is it cause I'm only level 40. You can't do anything in 4 seconds... I was looking forward to intimidating shout' a mage midway blink and then re-charging but I guess its not possible...
wiseoldenemy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Intimidating shout only lasting half the amount of time?

by vido » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:58 pm

It does last the full 8s sometimes, but it breaks early more often than not.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by wiseoldenemy » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:36 pm

vido wrote:It does last the full 8s sometimes, but it breaks early more often than not.

I remember sometimes seeing the int shout debuff when i get it from another warrior, and it says 5 seconds whne it starts
wiseoldenemy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by thenuclearwalrus » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:37 pm

A mix of lag and resistances, this is normal.
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by zmandude24 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:21 pm

I'm pretty sure that its full duration is 6 seconds and not 8. I'm not a PvP player at all, but I have noticed in instances that many of the stuns and other cc on me have expired prematurely.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by wiseoldenemy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:33 pm

zmandude24 wrote:I'm pretty sure that its full duration is 6 seconds and not 8. I'm not a PvP player at all, but I have noticed in instances that many of the stuns and other cc on me have expired prematurely.

well instance mobs have different abilities than players.
wiseoldenemy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:37 pm

All forms of CC have a chance to break early, with an increasing chance to break for every second that passes.
I rarely stay sapped for the full duration of the thing, it tends to break earlier.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by wiseoldenemy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:02 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:All forms of CC have a chance to break early, with an increasing chance to break for every second that passes.
I rarely stay sapped for the full duration of the thing, it tends to break earlier.

true, but when warriors do it on me, I see the debuff only starts at 5 or 4 seconds I can't really remember. It had worked on mobs for the full 8 seconds lots of times.
wiseoldenemy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Sakatoro » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:34 am

This is a typical pserver bug. The reason is that on most servers rhe shout shares a dr with stuns, what wrong is. It should have a dr with other fears. So if you charge someone and fear him, he is only feard for 4sek....
WoW Player since July 2005!

2400+ Arenexp TBC/Wotlk/Cata/MoP

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2HPU5 ... 0-4dAE7wUQ
Sakatoro
Grunt
Grunt

by wiseoldenemy » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:30 am

Sakatoro wrote:This is a typical pserver bug. The reason is that on most servers rhe shout shares a dr with stuns, what wrong is. It should have a dr with other fears. So if you charge someone and fear him, he is only feard for 4sek....

Aha, this seems to be the problem then. Maybe we should put it on the bug tracker and suggestions forums? Shouldn't be too hard to fix.
wiseoldenemy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Warrior